IGNORED

Martyn Waghorn hopes to sign for Bristol City

Unan

Split Enz played in Clifton (above Cawardines) before their break-up. 

Planet Rock discussed recently if you could name any album that didn't have a filler/duff track on it. Whilst I agreed with Pump by Aerosmith as the DJ's suggestion, the above suggestions on this thread has got me thinking.....I would nominate Together Alone by Crowded House.  The album title is a summary of what LJ thinks prior to naming his team. "Should I play Tammy or Tammy and Alby? Together or Alone in the Crowded Goalmouth House?

1 hour ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Yes I know them. 

Cold Chisel.....I'm afraid I am one of the few in oz who doesn't like them. Saw yothu yindi at a festival in the 90s, took it by storm. Fin Brothers were good when I saw them in Byron bay also. Even saw someone mention the Angels, were always a good powerful live show RIP Doc Neeson. 

Was me who mentioned The Angels. Great live band but like many good aussie bands they could not replicate their sound onto vinyl. Doc was an amazing performer.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I've got the first album as Flowers and when they re released it as Icehouse mate...Band I've followed ever since hearing 'Hey little Girl'. Didn't really get the early stuff over here. Same with INXS. Seen them 16 times now. Great band live. Loved the early stuff....as in 'Don't Change' etc.

Loved the Models as well.

Another talent live....but from NZ and not OZ is Crowded House. Sound middle of the road on radio or vinyl....but live are immense and a great show. Very talented are the Finn Bros.

Love the Finn bros and work.... what a great track this is...

Yes, I have the first Flowers album also. Don't Change by INXS is one of my all time favourites. I saw them in Adelaide when they were called The Farriss Brothers and changed their name to INXS a few weeks later.

Crowded House were good but I could never get into Split Enz at all. Always found their "wacky" image as bloody annoying.  Dragon from NZ had a few good tracks as well especially April Sun in Cuba but then really hit the self destruct button with the drugs. 

Quite enjoyed Australian Crawl and The Saints also. Then of course you have Midnight Oil.

12 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I think you mean Uluru your Majorness

I can offend a nation of aboriginals if it fits the joke .

I am also Major enough to admit that I fully respect the spiritual nature of the rock and never climbed it , as this is highly offensive to the Aborigines.

It would be something like a group of tourists climbing all over the altar at the Basilica St Peter  in the Vatican .

There is something very moving about the site that is strong enough to pierce the hustle and bustle of all the tourists.

12 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I also hope to sign for City and have been bulking up especially 

Me too. For the last forty years but sadly my dream still remains unfulfilled. 

Could I have perhaps bulked up a little too much? I must ask my personal trainer - mind you, he`d probably tell me to give up the fags as well.

8 hours ago, BigTone said:

Yes, I have the first Flowers album also. Don't Change by INXS is one of my all time favourites. I saw them in Adelaide when they were called The Farriss Brothers and changed their name to INXS a few weeks later.

Crowded House were good but I could never get into Split Enz at all. Always found their "wacky" image as bloody annoying.  Dragon from NZ had a few good tracks as well especially April Sun in Cuba but then really hit the self destruct button with the drugs. 

Quite enjoyed Australian Crawl and The Saints also. Then of course you have Midnight Oil.

I agree...didn't like Split Enz for the same reason. I can't stand Madness either....again for the same reason. Annoying to say the least.

When Crowded House reformed after that massive farewell gig in Sydney, their first gig together was at the Thekla in Bristol...it was immense. After seeing them play to 1000's then to a small room on a leaky boat ;-) was a moment to remember. Same with INXS....played Wembley then saw them play in the Victoria Rooms in Bristol....never understood why that venue isn't used more.

My fav NZ singer at the moment is Gin Wigmore....very distinct sound and good.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I can offend a nation of aboriginals if it fits the joke .

I am also Major enough to admit that I fully respect the spiritual nature of the rock and never climbed it , as this is highly offensive to the Aborigines.

It would be something like a group of tourists climbing all over the altar at the Basilica St Peter  in the Vatican .

There is something very moving about the site that is strong enough to pierce the hustle and bustle of all the tourists.

You can indeed Sir Majorship.

I lived in Australia for about 22 years including a number of years in Katherine in the Territory. I never once visited Uluru which is something I now regret. Writing this from Kuala Lumpur enroute to Adelaide to visit my folks and won't find the time to visit it this trip either. Maybe next year.

9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

You can indeed Sir Majorship.

I lived in Australia for about 22 years including a number of years in Katherine in the Territory. I never once visited Uluru which is something I now regret. Writing this from Kuala Lumpur enroute to Adelaide to visit my folks and won't find the time to visit it this trip either. Maybe next year.

Do it Tone , I am always sceptical about the ' must do ' tourist sites but I 'swagged '  out near the rock in the open air and even before I'd seen Uluru I felt it . 

A truly moving experience.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Do it Tone , I am always sceptical about the ' must do ' tourist sites but I 'swagged '  out near the rock in the open air and even before I'd seen Uluru I felt it . 

A truly moving experience.

I will one day as its on the list but would be nervous about swagging it in case a Dingo tried to drag me away from camp !!

Another one on the list is getting The Ghan train from Adelaide to Darwin one day.

Did you get to do the Katherine Gorge ? Amazing place and people don't realise there are actually 13 gorges in total.

7 hours ago, BigTone said:

I will one day as its on the list but would be nervous about swagging it in case a Dingo tried to drag me away from camp !!

Another one on the list is getting The Ghan train from Adelaide to Darwin one day.

Did you get to do the Katherine Gorge ? Amazing place and people don't realise there are actually 13 gorges in total.

Judging by your comments that would have to be a chuffing big dingo to move you ! 

I was more concerned by spiders, snakes and scorpions but luckily I slept alone .

I can't remember the names of all the places I visited but King's Canyon in particular where there are  lakes and plants that grow nowhere else in the world and are akin to fossilised plants was awesome.

I did n't visit Katherine Gorge as I flew up to Darwin from Alice .

Bugger , now I'll have to go back ! 

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Judging by your comments that would have to be a chuffing big dingo to move you ! 

I was more concerned by spiders, snakes and scorpions but luckily I slept alone .

I can't remember the names of all the places I visited but King's Canyon in particular where there are  lakes and plants that grow nowhere else in the world and are akin to fossilised plants was awesome.

I did n't visit Katherine Gorge as I flew up to Darwin from Alice .

Bugger , now I'll have to go back ! 

Yep, the gorge is a special place.

It needs a pack of Dingo's but they would get a few days feed off of me. I owned a Building supply business when in Katherine and every morning you could see the tracks from the snakes where they had been moving around the yard. The biggest problem was these centipedes that liked to live in the piles of timber. They are about 12 inches long, as thick as my thumb, bright blue in colour and would put you on your arse for a few days if they bit you. The feckers were quick as well unless he was still putting his shoes on. We also had a tame Emu that came into the yard around 5pm most days when it heard us opening a few end of work beers. Scared the crap out of a couple of the guys but really just wanted a few crisps and a bowl of VB !!

katherine.jpg

Katherine 2.jpg

8 hours ago, BigTone said:

Yep, the gorge is a special place.

It needs a pack of Dingo's but they would get a few days feed off of me. I owned a Building supply business when in Katherine and every morning you could see the tracks from the snakes where they had been moving around the yard. The biggest problem was these centipedes that liked to live in the piles of timber. They are about 12 inches long, as thick as my thumb, bright blue in colour and would put you on your arse for a few days if they bit you. The feckers were quick as well unless he was still putting his shoes on. We also had a tame Emu that came into the yard around 5pm most days when it heard us opening a few end of work beers. Scared the crap out of a couple of the guys but really just wanted a few crisps and a bowl of VB !!

katherine.jpg

Katherine 2.jpg

Thanks for sharing cobber .

On 13/11/2016 at 08:17, BigTone said:

In line with true OTIB tradition I think it is time this thread was brought back on track from where it started...........

I see Uganda is offering Yanks a home if they want to escape Trump's USA

Fleeing from your country due to political crisis isn't okay unless you're from the USA... see the irony..

6 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

6 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

No way will we be paying that for him, he is yet to agree a new contract (probably why we are interested) so rangers won't be in a strong position in negotiating a heavy price see it around 1.5m tops .

A bloody sight better ways of spending 6mil than spunking it all on him IMO.

40 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Why would we want a bloke that can't score at this level?

He scored 12 in 28 starts when he first played for Leicester in the championship.....overall record is something like 1 in 4 at our level.

But do previous records mean anything? It's been mentioned loads on here that Wilbs' record prior to joining us was not too impressive (and that's putting it politely!) but he's been great for us...

On 13/11/2016 at 15:12, Major Isewater said:

Thanks for sharing cobber .

Sorry to go off topic just for a bit, but I had plans to visit a lot of the places mentioned, untill I came across Byron Bay.  Then my plans all went to pot!

Back on topic, £6m???

No thanks.

Archived