IGNORED

Adam Baker - new SLO?

Steve Watts

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Agard Days Night I'm not sure if you are aware but the SLO role is a directive from UEFA that EVERY club at a certain level has to have someone in this position.

For your and other people's benefits I have copied below specific sections of their guidance - now this is NO reflection or dig at Dave, Adam or Bristol Sport - but this SLO role is simply not being done as per UEFA directive !

If anything I'm amazed that the club have been allowed to be without this role for so long without pressure from the SC&T etc

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Well aware. Thanks for copy and pasting this though @phantom, ever so helpful. Still not clear on how this is treating fans with contempt. 

18 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

How so? I don't agree that by not announcing this change to the SLO role the club are treating fans with contempt and as yet nobody can explain it to me. 

So the club appoint a fans rep, but don't tell the fans who that person is, how to engage with them or the process they followed even though the directive suggests it should be someone independent and you are comfortable with that?

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So the club appoint a fans rep, but don't tell the fans who that person is, how to engage with them or the process they followed even though the directive suggests it should be someone independent and you are comfortable with that?

I can engage with an SLO from all clubs in the EFL quite easily on the contacts available from one very quick Google search 

http://www.efl.com/global/slos.aspx

Seems like some knew..

" Following the news that current Supporter Liaison Officer David Lloyd is to stand down at the end of the season, the board of Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust calls on the Football Club to see David’s decision as an opportunity to take a fresh look at the supporter liaison role, to work with us to define precisely what it should entail going forward and to seek applications for this important position from among the fan base. "

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/club-trust-call-on-bristol-city-to-appoint-slo-from-the-fan-base/

• Admin
1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

How so? I don't agree that by not announcing this change to the SLO role the club are treating fans with contempt and as yet nobody can explain it to me. 

32 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I can engage with an SLO from all clubs in the EFL quite easily on the contacts available from one very quick Google search 

I think the point people are trying to make is if you look above at what the SLO is supposed to be doing - and we are now months in with a new SLO in place

Why is this not happening?

If I am correct people agree with you that IF we really needed to get in touch with someone we would know how to.

But to echo others above why such an important liaison role between club and customer / supporter has never been announced is odd

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

But to echo others above why such an important liaison role between club and customer / supporter has never been announced is odd

Probably because the SLO isn't expected to get much contact saying 'my experience of using the online ticketing system was great, please pass on my thanks to those who maintain it' more than likely it'll be a steady stream of complaints that the club won't have to deal with if they don't provide a method of communication.

Add to that, if they have their own person in the role a lot of things will be batted back without investigation or consideration as they are following the company line.

That's my guess anyway.

21 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

So the role is given to 2 existing senior full-time employees of Bristol Sport and @Agard Days Night is happy. Seems fair

Lots of jobs in lots of different companies are appointed from within and seniority and experience is normally seen as a positive. Why wouldn't I be happy? And why does it bother you so much that I am? Should I be miserable and have whinge?

ADN .. What is being pointed out is that BCFC/Bristol Sport have not met clear specifications on Supporters Liaisons from its football governing body. The appointments have, or have been barely announced and its is unclear how the roles will be carried out. One of the appointments has so far been anonymous (?) beyond name.

That is no close working relationship with fans ... And that's the job.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Probably because the SLO isn't expected to get much contact saying 'my experience of using the online ticketing system was great, please pass on my thanks to those who maintain it' more than likely it'll be a steady stream of complaints that the club won't have to deal with if they don't provide a method of communication.

Add to that, if they have their own person in the role a lot of things will be batted back without investigation or consideration as they are following the company line.

That's my guess anyway.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

So the role is given to 2 existing senior full-time employees of Bristol Sport and @Agard Days Night is happy. Seems fair

Perhaps AGN is closer to the position that we realise ?

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

That's my guess anyway.

You're 100% correct, if the board are not interested in the fans ideas and questions it is pointless having a SLO as Dave found out to his cost. It must have been very awkward for him coming back with excuses on why something can't be done etc. It is one of the many reasons he decided to leave

3 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

On someone else's website. Don't you think it would be better for the club to advertise? It might sound crazy, if only they had a website where news about the club was supposed to go.

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think it's people being 'drama queens'. Seems to me like it's justified concern that a useful and essential role that acts as a link between club and fans isn't being provided adequately by the club. 

Sounds like something a drama queen would say.

2 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Sounds like something a drama queen would say.

Boring. It is an essential role, people need a way to query things and know who their point of contact is.

If you did a straw poll on match day last season about who the fans liaison is, I think most attendees would know it was Dave. If you did the same thing this season I wonder how many people would know who it is and how to contact them? A very low percentage I think. That needs to change and I don't think it's too much to ask.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Boring. It is an essential role, people need a way to query things and know who their point of contact is.

If you did a straw poll on match day last season about who the fans liaison is, I think most attendees would know it was Dave. If you did the same thing this season I wonder how many people would know who it is and how to contact them? A very low percentage I think. That needs to change and I don't think it's too much to ask.

Let's do a straw poll on match day and see how many attendees care who the liaison is or would ever want or need to contact them. I would guess not many. 

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Let's do a straw poll on match day and see how many attendees care who the liaison is or would ever want or need to contact them. I would guess not many. 

I don't need to contact them right this moment, but I'd like to know I have the option, so it's a 'yes' from me.

4 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

It's a bit silly taking it to this level of conjecture and theoretical questions but I think if you asked all the home support on match day 

"would you like to have a member of staff dedicated to being a liaison between club and fans who was easily contactable? Yes or No" 

it would be an overwhelming "Yes". It's about having the option there, you or I may never need to contact them but it's good to know it's there for anyone who needs it.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

"would you like to have a member of staff dedicated to being a liaison between club and fans who was easily contactable? Yes or No" 

It's leading questions and shoddy polling technique like this that led us all to believe Brexit and Trump weren't happening. Now look where we are. How are we going to afford the next Kodjia with the exchange rate like it is?

Archived