IGNORED

Bobby Reid worth £5m when HE learns to shoot says MANAGER

EnclosureSurge

Lets put this another way if we had paid £5m for Bobby would we be happy ? no because hes nowhere near that value...

Its no good saying "if he could do this, and if he do that he would be worth £5m"  Its like the old saying if my grandma had gonads she'd be my grampa 

36 minutes ago, westonred said:

Lets put this another way if we had paid £5m for Bobby would we be happy ? no because hes nowhere near that value...

Its no good saying "if he could do this, and if he do that he would be worth £5m"  Its like the old saying if my grandma had gonads she'd be my grampa 

Well a hemaphrodite maybe. But get your point. 

Bobby doesn't have the most game time even if he is a bit older. Just over 100 appearance but mostly at a lower level and many off the bench. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing and the goals and calmness will come. That's why players usually get better with age. Been there hundreds of times in game situations. Stick with him through the bumps and bruises and it'll be worth it in the end. As long as he keeps his work rate the same while his finishing catches up then he should keep playing. The goals will come. 

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Spud, well done on your fishing trip. 

Clearly you are fishing because Bobby is the one player we have who does show aggression. Maybe it's because he doesnt look like an aggressive player? 

One thing is for sure you can always rely on Bobby to press players and put in hard tackles. 

Fella...see post number 12 and subsequent posts from me. My first post has been taken out of context as I didn't explain myself very well. All good...no fishing ;-)

I work with his brother's best friend, who has known Bobby his whole life. Attitude definitely isn't an issue, if anything self belief seemed to be until LJ came in and started giving him decent game time. We've already seen the improvements he's made, hopefully he carries on his good form towards the end of the season and beyond.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

As I said RR...it's not about his physicality...it's about him settling and getting in a comfort zone. Like LJ alludes to...he's got the talent, but not the end product.

At this level, you need the end product.

I'm guessing from LJ's comments that he's referring to this as well, but in a nicer round about way, with a positive spin.

As in...'find your scoring boots and you'll be a £5 million player'.

No point having a player in the team at this level, if you get the opportunities to score, but don't on a regular basis. He needs to do more...as does the like of Tomlin and others when it comes to scoring from open play.

If we want to kick on, then Bobby has to kick on as well...or it will be a lower to mid table team for all parties.

He needs to try to play the game simpler, he tries to be to cocky in the wrong areas as Brentford's goal on Tuesday shows and show far more consistency than he does, at Huddersfield his first proper action when he came on was an awful cross when in a great position on the right, he has it all for a successful career and be a 5 mil player but at 23 years old he should be a fixture in the side now and not an inconsistent bit part player, it's what I alluded to in another thread "he's one for the future" is sort of wearing a bit thin and I suspect that is what LJ is talking about.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I remember back a couple of years ago, Bobby was playing in a reserve match at Ashton Gate and a load of his family were there naturally supporting him. I can't remember why but I had to wait around a while after the game so saw him meet up with his family, they all walked to the bus stop and got the bus. Now that is keeping it real. 

Hard to compare him to Bolasie. In looks alone Bobby is much smaller and younger looking, no one is going to shove Yannick off the ball as easily as Bobby. I know for a fact Yannick had a personal trainer when he was here (which he himself employed) and took him to Palace with him, not sure if he went to Everton. (Yes I know he is injured at the moment) it seems all that extra work paid off.

Maybe if we had got Bobby from another Championship side he would be taken more seriously. As it is we've seen him grow up through the ranks but still thought of as 'young Bobby'. People don't treat Brownhill etc like this.

Bolasies personal trainer Rayan Wilson is from Bristol and is also Bobbys.

Throughout preseason Reid and Bryan from our lot do back to action for pretty much all of it so to state the commitment isn't there is wrong. 

Various players go along to it & anybody is welcome. You get Bolasie, Reuben Reid, Mustapha Carayol, Scott Wilson (Eastleigh) all there most pre seasons. 

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone who saw his goal in pre season at Bath will know that he has got it in him & the technique to strike a ball sweet as a .....

One of the best strikes I've seen in many a year

Yes I was there  Fantastic goal !    his  goals are always  good strikes  ,  I agree with you that was  the best !

13 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Bolasies personal trainer Rayan Wilson is from Bristol and is also Bobbys.

Throughout preseason Reid and Bryan from our lot do back to action for pretty much all of it so to state the commitment isn't there is wrong. 

Various players go along to it & anybody is welcome. You get Bolasie, Reuben Reid, Mustapha Carayol, Scott Wilson (Eastleigh) all there most pre seasons. 

Where have I stated that Bobby, or indeed anyone else, isn't committed?

Out of interest, does anyone think that some players do NOT benefit from 'bulking up'?  I've no idea of the sports science, but whereas someone like Reid may benefit, others may not, e.g. Bryan.  Has he lost a bit of sharpness as a result?  Could the same have been true of Freeman last season.  I didn't agree with the 'he's fat' comments, but he was certainly bigger.  Maybe it's the compromise to being able to get through the trials of a tough English season.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, does anyone think that some players do NOT benefit from 'bulking up'?  I've no idea of the sports science, but whereas someone like Reid may benefit, others may not, e.g. Bryan.  Has he lost a bit of sharpness as a result?  Could the same have been true of Freeman last season.  I didn't agree with the 'he's fat' comments, but he was certainly bigger.  Maybe it's the compromise to being able to get through the trials of a tough English season.

He's certainly got muscle, thing with Reid to me he still seems so young yet he's our longest serving player

I might just be me but Reid doesn't fill me with anticipation when he's in possession. He's steady enough and wins a few tackles but I struggle to remember his performances after a game.

Others seem to rate him but I can't see what he brings to the team. 

I do remember some impressive performances  from GoN earlier in the season.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I might just be me but Reid doesn't fill me with anticipation when he's in possession. He's steady enough and wins a few tackles but I struggle to remember his performances after a game.

I do remember some impressive performances  from GoN earlier in the season.

I see some of Tomlin's influence on him coming through in the way he takes the ball on the half turn, and that's no bad idea.

O'Neil was certainly excellent in the first few months, and in some ways meant we didn't need two holding midfielders, thus allowing him to partner Reid, who in fairness most of us (me included) thought would struggle in a two.  He didn't, and it meant quick balls into Tom and Tam.  That's what's been missing over the last weeks.

If O'Neil is fit I'd play him with Reid today.  Harsh on Pack would be most people's opinion though.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I see some of Tomlin's influence on him coming through in the way he takes the ball on the half turn, and that's no bad idea.

O'Neil was certainly excellent in the first few months, and in some ways meant we didn't need two holding midfielders, thus allowing him to partner Reid, who in fairness most of us (me included) thought would struggle in a two.  He didn't, and it meant quick balls into Tom and Tam.  That's what's been missing over the last weeks.

If O'Neil is fit I'd play him with Reid today.  Harsh on Pack would be most people's opinion though.

Would be harsh on pack who I personally thought was our best player Tuesday. With all the chopping and changing of players and formation. Players aren't getting enough game time to get upto speed and form . COYR

50 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Would be harsh on pack who I personally thought was our best player Tuesday. With all the chopping and changing of players and formation. Players aren't getting enough game time to get upto speed and form . COYR

I thought Pack was too keen to get rid of the ball when he had time, and gave it away cheaply....in the first half.

Thought his second half presence and influence on our best spell was noticeable.  He was a bit more physical and it helped us get momentum....until he was subbed....wrongly imho.

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I tend to agree, except he very often does do something memorable in a game, i.e. the run and perfectly weighted pass to Tammy on Tuesday, and it is exciting moments like that fans remember after the game, even if he hasn't necessarily played that well overall.

What I found interesting about the article which launched this thread is LJ's revealing comment that Bobby is given special licence, 'We help him alot by ensuring he is not part of every move. We make him the 'third man' in a move which ensures he gets the chances.'

So it seems this tactic of getting BR in a position to make regular goal attempts is a fundamental part of LJ's game plan and when Bobby is misfiring it can obviously have a huge effect on the result of a game.

Seems very strange to me to put such heavy responsibility on a player whose finishing has always been wayward in matches, even if he does apparently impress with his shooting in training.

Oh well, let's just hope Bobby fires in a couple today!

On 16/12/2016 at 20:14, cidercity1987 said:

To be honest, I think the tone of most of these posts are barking up the wrong tree.

Bobby is already a very good Championship player, 4 goals this season, 1/5 record recently is fantastic for a centre midfielder.

If he could improve his chance conversion rate, he would be almost Premiership quality.

Oh, and no-one upon no-one will ever convince Bolasie is a quality player. His goal ratio at Championship level is less than 1/10.

Someone knows what they are talking about.

Others write well but know very little.

11 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Someone knows what they are talking about.

Others write well but know very little.

How smug to quote your own post from 2016 and bask in the glory by telling the world ‘someone knows what they are talking about...’ when referring to yourself....

Seems you don’t know that the top division in this country is not called the Premiership and hasn’t been called that for years and years....oh, and Bolasie was transferred to Everton for more than double Bobby’s transfer fee to cross the Severn Bridge...

Archived