IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread

9 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I am sorry I honestly wanted to give LJ a chance and more time, but I don't think he knows what he's doing. Tinkering with the team will be his down fall, the players don't get a chance to gel,  just like his Dad did some seasons ago, is he taking advice from GJ?  

Before today I'd have told you to keep quiet but....I agree! I completely agree. I wanted LJ to be the right man so badly! The fairy tale story of the ex player that returns to his old club and takes them to the promised land. But today something inside of me snapped. My whole attitude has changed. I genuinely don't think he's the one. God I wish it had worked out but I don't think it will work. Just another disappointing appointment I fear. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

We played really well up to gifting them the first goal, might have had a pen challenge on Tammy. Poor defending for goal, starting with Joe.B allowing his man to get cross in unchallenged and thereafter it was all huff n puff. Telling how much their goal knocked the stuffing out of us, confidence must be at all-time low.

Not sure where we go from here, just got to hope we can persuade 1 or 2 decent players to join us in Jan, and also hope the likes of Wigan & Blackburn don't pick up. Worrying times.

We need consistency of team selection , I think it was Danny Murphy on the Beeb site who stated that he always played in sides who played regularly together and knew their team mate's game and what their individual responsabilities were. Do our lads ? 

We need to work bloody hard on the training ground on the basics and stick with one formation until we get our season back on track .

All my opinion of course .

Edited by Major Isewater
5 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Really thought this season was going to be a great one, hopefully January signings will make it a good one, cmon City turn it around 

The worse window to try and sign any good players, the only chance of doing this is hopefully finding another Kodjia. Let's hope MA has already earmarked a striker from abroad, who can score goals.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

The worse window to try and sign any good players, the only chance of doing this is hopefully finding another Kodjia. Let's hope MA has already earmarked a striker from abroad, who can score goals.

Seems more likely we will sign another 'one for the future '. A tad worrying that we seem to have forgotten about the present in sole pursuit of a long term strategy. I think it was Keynes who responded to that mindset by saying 'Yes, but in the long term we're all dead.'

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

One thing that has stood out the last several games bar Ipswich is how slow we are getting the ball forward compared to other teams.

We dominated until they scored and then Preston slowed the game down by time wasting. Then they defended well and countered well.

Compare and contrast Huddersfield who play exactly the high tempo pressing and quick passing game LJ said we were going to play. Do we not have the players, are they not fit enough to play that way or has LJ lost his way?

• Like 2