IGNORED

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Tomlin was our only player playing was he? I guess he was in goal making the saves, in defence making the tackles and scoring ALL the goals, picked the tactics..

Fair play to the guy :facepalm:

A player can often drag teammates with him and get you over the line. Sometimes with a player like that in your side, when you've been low prior to his arrival, it gifts you a lift. He's been there done it. 

You crack me up. You'll still be ignoring the slide until we're settled back in league one. Deluded. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Those who despised Cotts. were in to double figures and they were very prominent posters at the time.

'Backed up by sensible debate' - bollocks, they stated they hated him and they looked to find reasons to criticise and undermine him constantly.

You're being very naive if you believe all who doubt LJ's appointment disliked him as a player.

All City fans have every reason to doubt him because he hadn't achieved enough in management to be awarded the Bristol City job in the first place.

Yet in black and white it has been said on here but I guess those said posters were just kidding around...

Who's being naive now?

11 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Thing I dont buy is this "I need X time/tranfers-windows" bullshit that LJ prattles on about. Jaap Stam has spent something along the lines of a 5th of what we have, mostly signing free agents. Reading have no proven goalscorer, yet play in a disciplined pressing style.

We cant close down the ******* guy crossing the ball.

What I don't get is, we are constantly gettting told that LJ is a top young coach. If that is the case ( I'm not convinced) then the training ground and not the transfer window should be where he does his work. 

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

No backbone in our side at all, I'm sorry if that hurts the happy clappers I respect your positivity but thats the truth.

I was accused of being a GJ "happy clapper". I've got no particular agenda as far as his son goes. What I'd say is that whatever the club does there has to be a plan. When GJ was ditched some on here rejoiced...but what followed was chaotic, and lasted years. If there are to be changes they need to be well thought through...sadly, the backbone at the club isn't only to be found on the pitch...I'd question how much backbone has been shown a the highest level of the club down the years. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Those who despised Cotts. were in to double figures and they were very prominent posters at the time.

'Backed up by sensible debate' - bollocks, they stated they hated him and they looked to find reasons to criticise and undermine him constantly.

You're being very naive if you believe all who doubt LJ's appointment disliked him as a player.

All City fans have every reason to doubt him because he hadn't achieved enough in management to be awarded the Bristol City job in the first place.

This. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Not incorrect at all, the fact is SC was totally abject last season and not even you can argue with that

The fact is the thing which "Spud" in particular slated SC for he would not back up with hard fact; therefore the so called "debate" you refer to was non existent.

3 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

A player can often drag teammates with him and get you over the line. Sometimes with a player like that in your side, when you've been low prior to his arrival, it gifts you a lift. He's been there done it. 

You crack me up. You'll still be ignoring the slide until we're settled back in league one. Deluded. 

Oh dear, you're the deluded one here if you seriously believe in your own garbage sentence.... totally deluded

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Another loss......what do we do though? We can keep sacking managers. It hasn't proved to work. There's something deeper than that. I dare question SL as he has done so much for the club I love, but who else is to blame? He owns this club, and when it comes down to it he is responsible.

I really don't know anymore......... 

Well you don't keep a Manager who doesn't have a clue.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I was accused of being a GJ "happy clapper". I've got no particular agenda as far as his son goes. What I'd say is that whatever the club does there has to be a plan. When GJ was ditched some on here rejoiced...but what followed was chaotic, and lasted years. If there are to be changes they need to be well thought through...sadly, the backbone at the club isn't only to be found on the pitch...I'd question how much backbone has been shown a the highest level of the club down the years. 

The reason it was chaotic when GJ was sacked was simply because he is a manager who never plans for the future. The club was a mess because of him. 

• Like 2
Just now, cidercity1987 said:

How many more chances does Flint have? 

Absolute joke of a player of the year award last season, the mainstay of our crap defence over the past 18 months and massively error prone.

WHAT was that reaction?

Jeez. Talk about OTT.

Bloke scores a goal but gives away a penalty, so he's public enemy number one for some.

It's all either giddy "we're the best" or "we're dogshit, we're going down" with some people.   The truth is somewhere in between. However LJ isn't inspiring the team to their best or using what he has at his disposal in the best way possible.

I'll leave that to those who watched the game to analyse it more fully, but January desperately needs a strengthening of our defence. 

• Like 2

This losing lark is becoming a habit! Becoming concerned about this season LJ needs to show that he is a highly rated manager or he will be off. As for those of you that take delight when City lose or are losing go & watch the gas or Man U, because I'm not sure what is pissing me off more, are current form or your know it all attitude!

Edited by Toffee dog
  • Like 2