IGNORED

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Get f*cked  mate 

I've been posting on here for 11 years. I openly congratulated Johnson keeping us up ....but I stand by what I said from the beginning. He's the wrong man for the job, he isn't good enough. Only got the the job because he was Lansdowns mate

Don't get your knickers in a twist because I was right and so many of you muppets who thought we had this 'young potential coach' were wrong 

Bit strong mate, but agree LJ has to prove himself (quickly). If he goes, possibly time for SL to employ a manager who is less of a "Yes" man to the boss possibly. But one with proven Championship experience. Not convinced LJ knows what he is doing at times.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I was talking about the last three matches. I know you love picking arguments, but if you read my post again you'll see that I said a one-goal defeat at Molyneux would not normally cause such consternation but the context of it has.

Pot/kettle.

I read your post fully, it was actually an ironic post aimed in other directions just appended to your post for ease.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

When were you right?

All managers go through a bad patch at some point.

If Lee Johnson gets sacked or resigns because we are on the verge of getting relegated the you can say you were right. But that is an inevitability with any manager.

In fact, I'm going to say that every single manager in the league isn't good enough for their respective club. Given enough time I will be spot on.

He persists with the same tactics  and formation week in week out. Why!?? Because he is clueless . 

He has wasted money on players who he doesn't play...Patterson, ODowda, Engval,, although he played today...Brownhill normally. Waste of money the lot of them 

Our club continually gets it wrong. They gave him a contract extention when we were on a runnof form of something like 7 defeats in 9 haha

Italy ok though. He talks a good game.  Comeso out with all the sound right sound bites 

I didn't watch or listen to todays game. I don't need to. Because I guarantee it played out exactly the same as the last 9 or 10 games. Useless 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

To many women on here tonight

Steady on now Tommy lad. I'm a woman and I'm not concurring with some of these daft opinions.

FWIW, as @NickJ said, I think SC would have kept us up had the board given him support. He hadn't lost the dressing room but was getting on people's nerves with the stubbornness of his play.

I was disappointed with the appointment of LJ. I wanted a big name, someone with experience and a good record. I vaguely remember wanting Moyes. Instead, we got LJ. I felt like he was up and coming but no real success and limited experience. I chose to accept this and support him. 

Summer comes and with Mark Ashton, they stock the Bristol City trolley with lots for us to talk about. A Euro 16 international, an England under 21 star, skillful players from across the lower leagues both in the UK and Europe, as well as a few seasoned ex prem players.

We start the season and do reasonably well. We beat Villa comfortably and drew with Leeds amongst other games. We're in the playoffs.

Sadly, we lose form and the goals leak in. LJ changes his mind more often than a whore changes her knickers. Players playing out of position, or not playing to their full ability. Consistency is out the window, apart from the fact that we can't win.

People clamouring for LJ's head. I understand. I even agree to an extent.

But we can't.  

We need to keep faith and not rock the boat until the water settles. Get the transfer window out the way and evaluate then. Let's see who comes in/who goes out. 

Let's see if LJ and MA can pull it out the bag. I really hope they do.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Think he just meant theres a lot of people on here who cant accept others opinnions. I can understand why people want LJ gone and why they want to keep him and.see how jan goes. Im on the fence at the moment but if we dont win soon i know which category i will fall under.

Apparently I'll be happy when we slide into L1, quite the opposite... I'd like to see him stay but I did state which certain individuals missed if we haven't progressed then his job comes under scrutiny... of course it does. Right now albeit the current bad run we have made some progress in the last 12 months... we're still in this league just for starters.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

He persists with the same tactics  and formation week in week out. Why!?? Because he is clueless . 

He has wasted money on players who he doesn't play...Patterson, ODowda, Engval,, although he played today...Brownhill normally. Waste of money the lot of them 

Our club continually gets it wrong. They gave him a contract extention when we were on a runnof form of something like 7 defeats in 9 haha

Italy ok though. He talks a good game.  Comeso out with all the sound right sound bites 

I didn't watch or listen to todays game. I don't need to. Because I guarantee it played out exactly the same as the last 9 or 10 games. Useless 

I agree but please calm down mate no need to sack Johnson yet.

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

So like those last games where, Brighton and Huddersfield aside, we more than matched the opponents and cost ourselves the game with our profligacy?

It's OK though, ignoring reality is perfectly normal when you don't like the manager.

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Maybe if you don't do either then you could leave the forum? Or are you just waiting for LJ to be sacked so you can say I told you so?!

35 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Let's be honest, a one-goal defeat at Molyneux - one in which we had been creative and enjoyed some periods of decent play - would not usually be the setting for the wailing and gnashing of teeth that we are seeing now. 

It's all about context. The last two home games were the real sickeners. 

We were awful against Brentford, a bit better against Preston. I'm not a happy clapper, but if there's signs of continuing improvement in an away match, I won't have to slash my wrists....

Agreed.

One thing about the results this season is how they've often mirrored (not in score line but in points taken) those from last year - of our games from Nov and Dec 2016, only the away game to Huddersfield led to a different outcome (away loss rather than an away win).

Ipswich will be a bit of an acid test; not only have we recently beaten them, but got a point away there last season during a fallow period - we lose there (however well we perform) and I'd be worried we are perhaps in terminal form.

Let's be honest; we are slap-bang midtable right now - 10 points off the playoffs, seven off the drop; that's pretty much where I expected us to be a the end of the season, and if we can end 2016 in that area, then am happy to see how we progress under LJ.

Understand why people are baying for his blood, but also don't want to become one of those clubs who sack and sack and sack - don't think that would solve things TBH.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Get f*cked  mate 

I've been posting on here for 11 years. I openly congratulated Johnson keeping us up ....but I stand by what I said from the beginning. He's the wrong man for the job, he isn't good enough. Only got the the job because he was Lansdowns mate

Don't get your knickers in a twist because I was right and so many of you muppets who thought we had this 'young potential coach' were wrong 

Look i agree things aint great and i'm far from a happy clapper i can assure you but you are constantly negative. I'll admit i'm worried ,not just with results but some of his decisions as well . He's a young manager who will make mistakes and we got young players who will do the same plus most teams have bad runs in this league and i'm willing to give him more time. I couldn't give a shit how long you been posting on here , it doesn't mean to say you know what you're talking about.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Maybe if you don't do either then you could leave the forum? Or are you just waiting for LJ to be sacked so you can say I told you so?!

Like all the ones who were quick to call me out at the end of the season when we stayed up?

Nah mate. I just know I'll be proved right. I'm just gutted that once again this club never gets it right 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Look i agree things aint great and i'm far from a happy clapper i can assure you but you are constantly negative. I'll admit i'm worried ,not just with results but some of his decisions as well . He's a young manager who will make mistakes and we got young players who will do the same plus most teams have bad runs in this league and i'm willing to give him more time. I couldn't give a shit how long you been posting on here , it doesn't mean to say you know what you're talking about.

Never said I do know what I'm talking about. Plenty of.times I'm sure I'm wring.  It's all about opinions.

I just felt so strongly against the LJ appointment it infuriates me. This.club will never progress and become a top Championship club 

Let alone a Prem club 

• Like 1

Feels like we are heading into January in the same way we did with Cotts. We all assumed he had players lined up ready to come in in Jan, when it turned out he didn't and it was going to be another shambles of a transfer window, he had to go.

Hopefully LJ does have some signings lined up ready this Jan.  Selling Kodj late summer wouldn't have been his idea, and needs a chance to get a replacement in...

As for the 'imbecile' part of this thread, my take is that you can't give the manager no credit at all when we are doing well, but blame him entirely when it goes badly...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Like all the ones who were quick to call me out at the end of the season when we stayed up?

Nah mate. I just know I'll be proved right. I'm just gutted that once again this club never gets it right 

You will be proved right.  The club will sack Lee Johnson, I'm absolutely certain as well.

But only because that's how 99% of coach/manager appointments work out.

What I'm more interested in is how many good years we can get out of every successive manager before we sack them.  For Steve Cotterill I felt the decision was made at the correct time.  For Gary Johnson, I felt that decision should have been made sooner.

Where you and I disagree is that I do not think now is the right time for Lee Johnson to be sacked.

All opinions should be invited on a football forum but I'm afraid anyone who constantly posts "I told you so" won't win me over.

And as for "this club never gets it right" I suggest you spend a few weekends watching other football teams and talking to non-city fans to really understand what it's like to support some of the basket case clubs up and down the country.  Yeah, we don't get it all right but until I can throw hundreds of millions of pounds of my own money at the club I am extremely happy with the way Bristol City is making progress.  I checked back on some of my life choices and they haven't all been great.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Never said I do know what I'm talking about. Plenty of.times I'm sure I'm wring.  It's all about opinions.

I just felt so strongly against the LJ appointment it infuriates me. This.club will never progress and become a top Championship club 

Let alone a Prem club 

Count your blessings mister.. your club could be Coventry, Blackpool, Blackburn and many others past and present. if you think it is so terrible having to be a Bristol City fan, i think it's time for a little reality check

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3
29 minutes ago, Xiled said:

You will be proved right.  The club will sack Lee Johnson, I'm absolutely certain as well.

But only because that's how 99% of coach/manager appointments work out.

What I'm more interested in is how many good years we can get out of every successive manager before we sack them.  For Steve Cotterill I felt the decision was made at the correct time.  For Gary Johnson, I felt that decision should have been made sooner.

Where you and I disagree is that I do not think now is the right time for Lee Johnson to be sacked.

All opinions should be invited on a football forum but I'm afraid anyone who constantly posts "I told you so" won't win me over.

And as for "this club never gets it right" I suggest you spend a few weekends watching other football teams and talking to non-city fans to really understand what it's like to support some of the basket case clubs up and down the country.  Yeah, we don't get it all right but until I can throw hundreds of millions of pounds of my own money at the club I am extremely happy with the way Bristol City is making progress.  I checked back on some of my life choices and they haven't all been great.

True that. Besides, no one ever gets proved right in the end where football's concerned, because football just goes on and on through eternal peaks and troughs, with people forever being hired and fired. 

Alan Dicks was a failure. Then a success. Then a failure. There is no endgame in football.