IGNORED

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

I'm not saying LJ should be sacked but our record at the moment is shocking and very worrying managers with less losses than him have already lost there jobs, my worry is judging by his comments we won't see many new players because he doesn't see much wrong with the team where as I and I think a lot of others think there is an awful lot wrong, I want him to turn things around but at the moment I can't see that he will

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

well there was one person in the week who said they didn't want us to succeed with LJ as manager, so that poster is.

4 minutes ago, Lucan said:

One quote, in a different thread from 8 days ago.

My objection was to you coming on here saying "look how many people are happy we lost"

As you were...

In the interest of keeping things factual, I think you'll find you are utterly wrong.

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

SL admitted he took his eye off the ball at the time. 

Regardless of what happens now in respect of LJ, I don't think I'm the only one who felt we needed an experienced manager when SC left. It seems clear that the more experienced managers/coaches in this league have sussed LJ's limited knowledge out, and he is unable to tactility take us to another level.

Can't disagree with any of that Bill. It's certainly not working at the moment. But I'm hoping SL's not going to take his eye off the ball again...and if he does then, sadly, the responsibility lies with him.

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I was describing the hoping LJ fails attitude as moronic. Which it is.

Not calling someone an imbecile for stating a fact.

I have not seen anybody in this thread "hoping" he fails. Just people seeing that he is failing.

So who are these moronic supporters? Aside this one person you mentioned.

• Like 2

Let's be honest, a one-goal defeat at Molyneux - one in which we had been creative and enjoyed some periods of decent play - would not usually be the setting for the wailing and gnashing of teeth that we are seeing now. 

It's all about context. The last two home games were the real sickeners. 

We were awful against Brentford, a bit better against Preston. I'm not a happy clapper, but if there's signs of continuing improvement in an away match, I won't have to slash my wrists....

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I have not seen anybody in this thread "hoping" he fails. Just people seeing that he is failing.

So who are these moronic supporters? Aside this one person you mentioned.

Well I've quoted the one that has voiced that opinion on this forum that I have seen.

Personally not been on here much since then because I've been a bit busy, though I have seen others voicing the opinion of hoping he fails on social media as well.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Let's be honest, a one-goal defeat at Molyneux - one in which we had been creative and enjoyed some periods of decent play - would not usually be the setting for the wailing and gnashing of teeth that we are seeing now. 

We were awful against Brentford, a bit better against Preston. I'm not a happy clapper, but if there's signs of continuing improvement in an away match, I won't have to slash my wrists....

How about 3 wins in 3 months or 13 games, which ever you prefer?.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Agreed. There have been a whole pile of games recently where looked at in isolation I think, did not play so bad, maybe unlucky not to get something.

However, it is now a big run of them, and now getting worried. Concerned.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Didn't come on here when were winning did you negative**** **** off

Get f*cked  mate 

I've been posting on here for 11 years. I openly congratulated Johnson keeping us up ....but I stand by what I said from the beginning. He's the wrong man for the job, he isn't good enough. Only got the the job because he was Lansdowns mate

Don't get your knickers in a twist because I was right and so many of you muppets who thought we had this 'young potential coach' were wrong 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Exactly!

So many people on here just *love* to act like the perfect supporter, accusing whole swathes of the site of being disloyal in order to highlight how devour they are. Yet when pulled up on their claims they fall apart quicker than a soggy tissue... 

What an absolute garbage post but not surprising from a poster who has to insult people and using a pretty much weak insult to,

All this my Dad's bigger than your Dad stuff is getting quite tiresome.

And for the record, my Dad is much slimmer than me and takes every opportunity to remind me.

Back to the case in point, Lee has been backed by Steve Lansdown with a 1 year contract extension and is unlikely to be sacked anyday soon.

With that in mind we'll just have to don the tin hats, get those worry beads and prayer mats out and damn well hope our majority owner backs some decent signings in January.

Here's to a better 2017.

And a Merry Christmas to all you fantastic City fans wherever you may be.

Yours

Mark Tovey

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 7
4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Get f*cked  mate 

I've been posting on here for 11 years. I openly congratulated Johnson keeping us up ....but I stand by what I said from the beginning. He's the wrong man for the job, he isn't good enough. Only got the the job because he was Lansdowns mate

Don't get your knickers in a twist because I was right and so many ofriends you muppets who thought we had this 'young potential coach' were wrong 

When were you right?

All managers go through a bad patch at some point.

If Lee Johnson gets sacked or resigns because we are on the verge of getting relegated the you can say you were right. But that is an inevitability with any manager.

In fact, I'm going to say that every single manager in the league isn't good enough for their respective club. Given enough time I will be spot on.

18 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Ipswich away, Reading at home. Doesn't fill me with confidence.So Fleetwood at home could be a big, big match for Lee. It's all about results and three bad ones could even get SL worried.

If he is not worried by the team performances at the moment then I would be very concerned.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How about 3 wins in 3 months or 13 games, which ever you prefer?.

I was talking about the last three matches. I know you love picking arguments, but if you read my post again you'll see that I said a one-goal defeat at Molyneux would not normally cause such consternation but the context of it has.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

All this my Dad's bigger than your Dad stiff is getting quite tiresome.

And for the record, my Dad is much slimmer than me and takes every opportunity to remind me.

Back to the case in point, Lee has been backed by Steve Lansdown with a 1 year contract extension and is unlikely to be sacked anyday soon.

With that in mind we'll just have to don the tin hats, get those worry beads and prayer mats out and damn well hope our majority owner backs some decent signings in January.

Here's to a better 2017.

And a Merry Christmas to all you fantastic City fans wherever you may be.

Yours

Mark Tovey

Yep, we had better believe it, I just cannot see SL seeing us slide back to Gasland (shudder the thought) What worries me is WHO will want to come here given our erratic behaviour. The sure fact in todays football is that £££££££££££££££££'s talk but will SL be drawn into paying over the odds for players from English clubs. We will see. Watch this space.

10 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

What an absolute garbage post but not surprising from a poster who has to insult people and using a pretty much weak insult to,

Think he just meant theres a lot of people on here who cant accept others opinnions. I can understand why people want LJ gone and why they want to keep him and.see how jan goes. Im on the fence at the moment but if we dont win soon i know which category i will fall under.

• Like 2