IGNORED

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I don't think SL will allow a slip into L1, with all the money he has spent on players and AG.

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I don't think SL will allow a slip into L1, with all the money he has spent on players and AG.

Unless there is better decision making, SL can do f all about it!

TBF, the loss of JK 5 mins before the window shut has really f ucked up any plans for team building.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Not me I'm utterly pissed off. 

The most sensible post I have read.

Utterly pissed off with conceding rubbish goals, utterly pissed off with missing chances, utterly pissed of with players being forced to play in unnatural areas of the field, utterly pissed off with crap platitudes, utterly pissed off with whay is being served up.

I'm never quite sure with this happy clapper or anti LJ garbage.....See what's in front of you. We are not playing that well, whatever anyone says. It is going wrong. Midfield cant defend, cant score. Yes we hoped we would carry on the good start, but this is not that, we are not doing it after spending 11m quid... this is implosion.... 

LJ is now in trouble....WAKE UP LJ, wake up everyone!!  

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 9
14 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Tomlin was our only player playing was he? Managing the side was he? I guess he was in goal making the saves, in defence making the tackles and scoring ALL the goals, picked the tactics..

Fair play to the guy :facepalm:

I would suggest that you look up the word galvanised. It appears you don't fully comprehend the meaning of the word.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The reason it was chaotic when GJ was sacked was simply because he is a manager who never plans for the future. The club was a mess because of him. 

But at the end of the day GJ was a manager for hire...and he's still working. The responsibility for what came after him wasn't Gary Johnson's...it was Steve Lansdown's. It was a responsibility SL failed to rise to. If LJ isn't the manager to lead the club forward it's up to the Board to find someone better. All I'm asking is that before they ditch Lee they have a better plan than they had when they sacked his father, who, for all his limitations, was comfortably one of the more successful managers City have had in the last 30 years.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

The fact you still backed SC right upto he was binned off and even then said he would've turned it around makes your post irrelevant

How does refuting your claim that dislike of SC was backed up with "debate", have anything to do with what I thought of SC as a manager.

Although, if you want to go on to that, yes I do think SC could have turned it around IF he had been given the backing.

And I did say from the day LJ was appointed I cannot see him being a good manager for Bristol City, in fact I said if he takes us out of this division it will be down not up. Hope I'm wrong, but my opinion is based not on irrational dislike, just common sense analysis.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

I would suggest that you look up the word galvanised. It appears you don't fully comprehend the meaning of the word.

Wow! How patronising...

Believe me I do but to say it was down to 1 guy alone is completely foolish and totally delusional... It was a collective effort by the team, manager and so on.. Odemwingie had a big hand in that as well just pointing out like so no it wasn't just down to Tomlin galvanising the team

3 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Yet in black and white it has been said on here but I guess those said posters were just kidding around...

Who's being naive now?

I've seen it from just 2 posters, you're giving a tiny number far too much credence.

The vast majority of LJ doubters don't give a toss about his playing career at AG, they simply see no reason to rate him as an adequate manager for BCFC in the Championship based on his past record.

If you disagree, and you have seen reasons to believe he is the right man, perhaps you could put forward a convincing argument in his favour?

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

How does refuting your claim that dislike of SC was backed up with "debate", have anything to do with what I thought of SC as a manager.

Although, if you want to go on to that, yes I do think SC could have turned it around IF he had been given the backing.

And I did say from the day LJ was appointed I cannot see him being a good manager for Bristol City, in fact I said if he takes us out of this division it will be down not up. Hope I'm wrong, but my opinion is based not on irrational dislike, just common sense analysis.

Brilliant :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Oh... so you were talking rubbish and stirring the pot then

Nobody is happy city lost. Some are just freeing vindicated in their previous assertions that LJ is not the right man

No use people getting sore every time city lose and acting like some superior supporter

Typing this again just to make it clear- 

Someone put that they want LJ to fail with us.

To suggest they might be happy with the defeat- as that tends to be a part of failing- isn't "talking rubbish and stirring the pot" but is actually a fairly simple extrapolation of the statement made.

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

But at the end of the day GJ was a manager for hire...and he's still working. The responsibility for what came after him wasn't Gary Johnson's...it was Steve Lansdown's. It was a responsibility SL failed to rise to. If LJ isn't the manager to lead the club forward it's up to the Board to find someone better. All I'm asking is that before they ditch Lee they have a better plan than they had when they sacked his father, who, for all his limitations, was comfortably one of the more successful managers City have had in the last 30 years.

SL admitted he took his eye off the ball at the time. 

Regardless of what happens now in respect of LJ, I don't think I'm the only one who felt we needed an experienced manager when SC left. It seems clear that the more experienced managers/coaches in this league have sussed LJ's limited knowledge out, and he is unable to tactility take us to another level.

• Like 2