IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Well for one if Mags hadn't been injured just now I think we would've most likely drew or even won, I think the fact we are gonna get additions in January will help. I think the class in this team is too much for us to lose every single championship game from now on.

Lastly I think it will take Wigan and Blackburn 6 games to catch us up and theres no way we are gonna lose the next 6

Made me laugh 

I can't say I am a happy bunny, BUT, it is what it is, we have to hold our nerve because in my opinion at this time of the season I can't see who we would get in to manage the team who would be in the mould of say Steve Bruce. 

However I'm all ears if anybody would like to throw a name into the hat, and no, Neil Warnock is also taken :laugh:.

I'm on the fence until Feb 1st!

Well for one if Mags hadn't been injured just now I think we would've most likely drew or even won, I think the fact we are gonna get additions in January will help. I think the class in this team is too much for us to lose every single championship game from now on.

Lastly I think it will take Wigan and Blackburn 6 games to catch us up and theres no way we are gonna lose the next 6

bet you thought that 5 matches ago...

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Well for one if Mags hadn't been injured just now I think we would've most likely drew or even won,

Maybe , possibly , probably not by our recent evidence

I think the fact we are gonna get additions in January will help.

Are we and who ? Have you seen his comments in Eve Post about Jan transfer window

I think the class in this team is too much for us to lose every single championship game from now on.

We need to do better than not lose every game 

Hopefully true

Ta for your reasons and replying ;)

6 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

At the moment Lady Luck is not in our favour. The light at the end of the tunnel is still bright. Will be interesting who players centre back on Monday aside Flint. Let's keep the faith after we are Bristol city fans and we always believe COYR 

this is not personal, but I bet you are a fairly new fan, otherwise I wouldn't mind having what you are drinking!!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I've said we have a manager who is Theory has the right ideas about football going forward and how a club should be run, but Johnson as a manager is out of his depth and not good enough. Mark Ashton isn't a problem and with a good manager with experience will flourish.

Ashton just as much to blame if ODowda, Engvall, Moore etc arent good enough

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We were unlucky that Mags got injured just as we seemed to be on top .

LJ was brave and the gamble backfired . Luck deserted us , as usual .

What is brave in using all your defensive options up at HT when it was only 1-0?

Even without an injury to a defender a red card is always a possibility away from home.

The defence we tried to see the game out with contained 3 players playing out of position, that isn't brave, it is stupid.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5

All if's and buts and might have beens mate, just who would want to sign for us in January anyway?.

And oh yes we could easily lose the next 6.

• Like 1

SL needs to take a very careful look at himself, bring in best consultancy team to work out why under his leadership we have consistently failed.  Then he must take that advice

I have said before, last time we were in this position, only a year ago, that there are plenty of City fans, who love the club, with real experience in different fields who would be pleased to offer their professional help.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

You reckon?

Blackburn have 8 points from last 10, Wigan have 7.

Although we have less than that I'm sure most would agree we arent going to lose our next 10 games. It's a vile run of form of course and LJ seriously needs to do something in order to change it but sacking him would do nothing positive IMO. What happens if Gary Rowett decides he'd rather wait for a club that wouldn't sack their manager less than a year after he helped keep them up.

Gutted after making the biggest change up at half time in a while we grab a quick goal, get back in it and then Magnusson gets injured putting us right on the back foot. 

So so frustrating. Fair play to the fans that travelled, as much as I'm gutted as we all obviously are, I feel for you. Safe journey back. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

'Brave'  Major ?       Or because he got it wrong with the starting line up or formation so it would appear

We beat Ipswich playing 442 so logically it was a good plan to go again .

The change  was brave because no one expected it and until Mags went off we seemed to be the team who would win it .

That is when ol' Lady L scratched her stilettos done our collective shins .

4 minutes ago, willitonciderhead said:

I can't say I am a happy bunny, BUT, it is what it is, we have to hold our nerve because in my opinion at this time of the season I can't see who we would get in to manage the team who would be in the mould of say Steve Bruce. 

However I'm all ears if anybody would like to throw a name into the hat, and no, Neil Warnock is also taken :laugh:.

I'm on the fence until Feb 1st!

How about a man who has taken Birmingham with no money till edge of playoffs,or stick with a man who's record even in league one is dubious to say the least 

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Losing 8 out of 9 is not bad luck.

You only have to have a bit of luck which we are not getting. Pack scored at wolves Ref & linesman blind to it. Penalties given against us freely. Yet Tammy and Wilbs chopped and pulled down at will no penalties given. Come on officials give us a break. The tide will turn 

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We were unlucky that Mags got injured just as we seemed to be on top .

LJ was brave and the gamble backfired . Luck deserted us , as usual .

Wrong. Not lining up the team correctly from the start and having to make 2 substitutions at half time because our manager does not know our best side or how to play them has **** all to do with luck.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ashton just as much to blame if ODowda, Engvall, Moore etc arent good enough

Weren't Moore and O'Dowda signings for the future? Not the now? And since when did our Chief Operating Officer have to be our Chief Scout? The club and it's scouts, including Johnson identify players and get Ashton to work magic and buy them based on what feedback he has been given on them.