IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

In one of those runs where it is difficult to see where the next point is coming from. Not expecting this season to be pushing at the top really, but equally not in a relegation battle. We seem to be getting worse, and no real idea what our best eleven is.

Compared to teams like Barnsley and Preston, we have spent some dosh. Just so depressing. 

• Like 1

Well... shit.

Glad I can drink tonight.

I said before I felt we needed to get a minimum of two points from tonight and Monday to avoid getting dragged into the relegation scrap; have to do it the hard way now by beating Reading.

Five losses in a row is never good, regardless of circumstance, and if we can't get anything off teams directly next to us in the table a la Wolves and Ipswich, then you have to wonder where our nex points are coming from...

I'm outta here until Monday; Happy New Year all!

I've been patient and haven't been calling for LJ's head but enough now . Is there a single club in any division that would retain a manager who has a 90% defeat record over a 2 1/2 month period dropping the team from a play off position to a near relegation position ? Sadly, he has to go !!!! 

Edited by Baldyman
Grammar
6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Terrible, awful run of form but you surely can't sack him. We're 17th in a league where we should probably be about 17th. When this form turns around we'll comfortably end up mid-table which will be a sound achievement.

People need to stay away from the panic button. 

Not being funny Stanley but why do you think we will turn this around ?

Based on ?

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Why should we be 17th??? Look at Huddersfield and reading are they individually better than us???? No, they have managers who have got them exceptionally well drilled. 

There is no excuse for being below the likes of Barnsley Ipswich etc....poor poor management by someone looking well out of their depth.

I've said we have a manager who is Theory has the right ideas about football going forward and how a club should be run, but Johnson as a manager is out of his depth and not good enough. Mark Ashton isn't a problem and with a good manager with experience will flourish.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not being funny Stanley but why do you think we will turn this around ?

Based on ?

Well for one if Mags hadn't been injured just now I think we would've most likely drew or even won, I think the fact we are gonna get additions in January will help. I think the class in this team is too much for us to lose every single championship game from now on.

Lastly I think it will take Wigan and Blackburn 6 games to catch us up and theres no way we are gonna lose the next 6

• Like 2

If you compare this seasons results with last seasons results, we are now doing worse than last season. We have 8 more home points and 9 less away points.

The last five games we accumulated 4 points, the comparable games this season we have gained none.

With our stronger squad, I cannot believe this.

4 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I've said we have a manager who is Theory has the right ideas about football going forward and how a club should be run, but Johnson as a manager is out of his depth and not good enough. Mark Ashton isn't a problem and with a good manager with experience will flourish.

Thanks Mark, but what about the DNA?

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Well for one if Mags hadn't been injured just now I think we would've most likely drew or even won, I think the fact we are gonna get additions in January will help. I think the class in this team is too much for us to lose every single championship game from now on.

Lastly I think it will take Wigan and Blackburn 6 games to catch us up and theres no way we are gonna lose the next 6

Wish I could agree but sadly see nothing but relegation

10 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Why should we be 17th??? Look at Huddersfield and reading are they individually better than us???? No, they have managers who have got them exceptionally well drilled. 

There is no excuse for being below the likes of Barnsley Ipswich etc....poor poor management by someone looking well out of their depth.

They're both miles ahead of us. I think we should be higher up the table but the fact is if we had won we would be 14th and that would be a sound finish in the eyes of most fans. We won't get anywhere close to the relegation zone and with the new additions in January we will be fine.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

You reckon?