IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

24 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

LLLLWLLLLL

For anyone else that would mean the sack. 

I'm a supporter of Lee's, probably only because I don't want to believe the wrong person was appointed as it would be yet another failure in our history. But seeing all those 'L's' in black and white don't lie. You can't dress it up, we haven't got a player who will make a difference ready to return from injury or suspension for example.

No away win since I saw the game at Fulham in September (?) is terrible. 

Just listening to him on the radio now, sorry but I don't feel loved right now, it's not enough to tell us that.

• Like 2

Right I can't be bothered to individually reply to all of you but here it is,

on current form from the last 10 games it would take Blackburn 20 games to catch us. It would take wigan even more. QPR would never catch us. We aren't going down, we were never going to get playoffs.

I appreciate how god awful this run is but we aren't being outclassed like under Cotts. Johnson needs to tweak some things but we really aren't too far off winning games again IMO. 

I think Johnson has seriously messed up in his failure to sign a replacement for Kodjia.

January is a big month in terms of who we sign but we are not far away from mid table mediocrity which is what most would've taken before the season.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Right I can't be bothered to individually reply to all of you but here it is,

on current form from the last 10 games it would take Blackburn 20 games to catch us. It would take wigan even more. QPR would never catch us. We aren't going down, we were never going to get playoffs.

I appreciate how god awful this run is but we aren't being outclassed like under Cotts. Johnson needs to tweak some things but we really aren't too far off winning games again IMO. 

I think Johnson has seriously messed up in his failure to sign a replacement for Kodjia.

January is a big month in terms of who we sign but we are not far away from mid table mediocrity which is what most would've taken before the season.

I agree give LJ a break. We can turn this around and finish mid table. 

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

not at all just don't see how anyone can be so forgiving, maybe after 50 years, you like me will find your patience wearing just a little thin

I'm 55, i've wached City since 1969..  I've seen a lot . this is bad, but it's also football. It happens Of course drinking copious amounts of whiskey is helping tonight

• Like 2

LJ didn't sound that confident of signing what we need in Jan. I'm sure the word 'hopefully' was dropped in there for the first time in tonight's interview. With the terrible run we are on the chances of attracting the quality, experienced SBC players we need are receding rapidly. Oh for a Steve Bruce or Chris Hughton who could attract those kind of players based on their previous proven successes. 

Edited by robin_unreliant
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

How about a man who has taken Birmingham with no money till edge of playoffs,or stick with a man who's record even in league one is dubious to say the least 

That'll be the one who is joint favourite for the Swansea job? The Guardian reported he was talking to Championship clubs while still at Brum. My money's on Norwich.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

LJ didn't sound that confident of signing what we need in Jan. I'm sure the word 'hopefully' was dropped in there for the first time in tonight's interview. With the terrible run we are on the chances of attracting the quality, experienced SBC players we need are receding rapidly. Oh for a Steve Bruve or Chris Hughton who could attract those kind of players based on their previous proven successes. 

Read his eve post talk about Jan Window

Doesnt fill me with confindence

Kept referring in post match I/v how young the side is

No **** Sherlock  !!!!!!        guess who signed a load 'for the future'

11 minutes ago, willitonciderhead said:

Did anyone see this coming 8 weeks ago??

I am hoping as fast as it changed for the worse it will just as quickly change for the better come January. 

We had the squad to compete 8 weeks ago, a couple of additions, a little belief a little luck and who knows, that's the beauty of football I suppose.

That has got to be the hope.

Got to both of the Reading and Birmingham games, enjoyed them both, thought we played pretty well and that on another day we could have got something out of both. We looked a solid mid table side.

However you slice it, defeats against four teams in a row in the bottom half has led us wondering where our next point is coming from. We look weak in midfield, porous at the back, and left scratching my head as to exactly what has gone wrong. Confidence must be getting shot, and we really need a result of two to steady the ship.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

The problem here is that SL is a mentor to Lee and so any decision to sack LJ would be particularly hard for him. He's SL's prodigy and SL will know that sacking him from his dream job will be a setback to Lee's career that would be difficult to recover from.  SL is a particularly decent, patient guy and that's usually a plus but in this instance I think it's a mistake.  I don't think he will sack Lee and he will given him the January transfer window.  That's a mistake in my view.

John Pemberton did a fantastic job in his caretaker role and I'd like to see him in charge.  An assistant coach has to implement the ideas of Head coach / manager and work with their chosen personnel and it would be wrong to conclude JP couldn't succeed based on the current form. We saw how he turned it around when he was able to make the calls and he worked tirelessly, was tactically astute and seemed a good man manager.  He also seems to have an real feeling for the Club and  I would love to see him given an opportunity as manager.  As much as I want LJ to succeed I do think Steve Lansdown will have to be  uncharacteristically brutal and put the interests of the Club first and give a new manager the opportunity of the January window.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Lucan said:

:blink: You are joking?  

The squad had serious flaws, had rode its look and was around that play off scene

It was always going to sour.  deal with it.

Well, of course it was a bit of a joke... but holy crap, can't believe how our form has deteriorated into the terrible run we're currently experiencing.

There was no evidence back then to suggest the season was always going to sour to this shocking extent, and that's the main concern.  I expected a dip, yeah sure, we all did, but to fall so low, come on man, how can you deal with that?  I sure as shit know I can't.

• Like 1

Oh well. Staying close to Ipswich to celebrate new year and about to jump on local train to Ipswich with my lad who now lives up here. Very misty, come foggy at present, hope the same cannot be said for LJ thoughts on team selection. Cannot see 352 myself but......

last game of 2016 would take a point to stop the rot but here's hoping.  Either way s defeat for either side and one losing manager will be under intense pressure 

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

That has got to be the hope.

Got to both of the Reading and Birmingham games, enjoyed them both, thought we played pretty well and that on another day we could have got something out of both. We looked a solid mid table side.

However you slice it, defeats against four teams in a row in the bottom half has led us wondering where our next point is coming from. We look weak in midfield, porous at the back, and left scratching my head as to dust had gone wrong. Confidence must be getting shot, and we really need a result of two to steady the ship.

I was at Birmingham and Reading too, we played well especially against Brum I thought and were desperately unlucky. Compare those games to our recent games at home to Brentford and Preston and we looked a shadow of ourselves. I didn't see the Wolves game first hand  but it sounded much like tonight's performance. We are getting worse as naturally the confidence has drained from us.

We lack a real leader on the pitch, Flint aside as he's had his own problems during these mstches too. Our senior players are failing to appear as the experienced Pro's they are. We just seem to be caught up in an ever changing swirling mess of team changes, now partly due to injury and illness.

I really don't know what the answer is, it's beyond us all as we don't know details behind the scenes. By that I mean what the players have written into their contracts etc. I'm glad it's not my problem, but problem it is.

On train now back to Bury st Edmonds. Very poor game.  TBH they deserved the win and apart from our goal I cannot recall one other chance that came our way second half.  We did look better after the change in formation but have not had the pleasure of listening to LJ on radio. Unlucky with the injury but the one win and 9 defeats speaks volumes.  

I am relieved we have the points so far saved in bank otherwise a relegation battle for sure.  Still suspect that's how it will end up if LJ is hinting the window might not be productive as we hope (reading on this forum) 

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That's the one my son,done a good job wherever he has been. And can put your money on it lansdown didn't even look at him while appointing LJ. Joke really 

I'm not sure if he left Burton when we were going well under SC or later but certainly SL was always going to appoint LJ as soon as he had the chance, whatever the competition.