IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Plenty of managers have signed players who have opinions...generally they get very verbal and opinionated when results are not going well...or to deflect away from their own poor performances. The latter I believe in this case. It's how you manage them and control them. Like Ferguson and Keene for example.

Think LTs issue is that he wants to play centrally - All very well if he's doing it well and if he's picked to play on left side he should be doing so to his best ability not rowing with the manager from the pitch !!

Not many players have a bad word to say about Eddie Howe let alone have a big fall out

However Spud I'm concerned at just how many players seem cast aside now , Little and Goldbourne won't be happy bunnies tonight though I suspect neither were anyway

The constant dropping (sorry rotating) of players can't be helping and I'm convinced the players as a majority aren't sold on our method

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I'm not surprised Tomlin is pissed off, signed as our marquee signing on top dollar. One of the best no 10s in this division but played as a left winger, I think I would be fairly bemused.

He's not been played as a 'Left Winger' though. He's been played left side of midfield with an allowance to roam. How many LW's do you watch coming back to the 'D' to collect the ball and dictate play? Plus he's also been played centrally.

Perhaps this 'marquee' signing can start to show his worth on a more consistent basis...a few clever passes and standing still to admire a pass, doesn't justify being a good player. Leaving his team mates stranded very often and not tracking his man is a bigger sin than a few clever 'tricks'.

He should be pissed off with his own performances....which have been offensively ok, but defensively shite in recent months.

• Like 1