IGNORED

The Official Ipswich Town v Bristol City Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

GoN and Tomlin have too much influence in the changing room imo mate.

Nothing wrong with LJ imo...just some players are just not good enough at this level on a consistent basis. Tomlin being the worst for this...either brilliant or a liability.

Defending the manager by berating his marquee signing?

I suppose that was always a worry when you sign a player (or 2) who's arguably bigger than the manager. It's down to LJ to control him now. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Those 2 comments do not make sense, a good manager does not allow such things to occur.

Players did for Mourinho at Chelsea last season EMB - nothing he could do about it. 

If they can do it for a manager as good as him, then they can certainly do it for our Lee.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

GoN and Tomlin have too much influence in the changing room imo mate.

Nothing wrong with LJ imo...just some players are just not good enough at this level on a consistent basis. Tomlin being the worst for this...either brilliant or a liability.

You really don't rate Tomlin do you Spud.He is one of the only players that can produce the magic that gets me off my seat,there are very few others in the current side that ever do.

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Players did for Mourinho at Chelsea last season EMB - nothing he could do about it. 

If they can do it for a manager as good as him, then they can certainly do it for our Lee.

He could refuse to play them, make them train with the kids, it's not as if he doesn't have options, i'm sure SL would back him if he is having problems with employees.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Those 2 comments do not make sense, a good manager does not allow such things to occur.

Well both had a massive falling out with him...words were spoken and Tomlin was dropped. GoN has a calf injury 'apparently'...he did the right thing and nipped it in the bud. to say such things don't occur to a 'good manager' is not true EMB...it happens to every manager. Tempers flair...then it's worked out, or not. It's the nature of the game...it's happened with all the top managers. It's how you deal with it.