IGNORED

Milan Djuric - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED

bcfcchris2016

Hello all,

I am Bosnian fan from Sarajevo/Bosnia and i join this forum in order to follow the progress of your new signing Djuric.

Firts of all be ready for expansion of bosnians here, because we always follow our players on fans forums :) just to note you that English Premier League is most popular foreign league in our country, most of the people like and support some of english clubs, of course after our local teams. Now you signed our striker, i wish you to be in Premier league. We have also have posibility to watch on tv the champinship and now it will be very interested for us. So, i will be glad to join your discusions and if you need any additional info about Djuric, just ask...i can also translate you what our media says about Djuric and Bristol. He is popular player here because he scored some goals in our NT as subs, he is very strong, dangerous in the air, but also good for hold up play and solid first touch. Our main striker is Edin Dzeko that's why he is on the bench, but he is very similar player to Dzeko. You pronounce his last name as Gurich, that is most correct...sorry for long post for the begining..good luck tommorow..

1 hour ago, Bosnian beast said:

Hello all,

I am Bosnian fan from Sarajevo/Bosnia and i join this forum in order to follow the progress of your new signing Djuric.

Firts of all be ready for expansion of bosnians here, because we always follow our players on fans forums :) just to note you that English Premier League is most popular foreign league in our country, most of the people like and support some of english clubs, of course after our local teams. Now you signed our striker, i wish you to be in Premier league. We have also have posibility to watch on tv the champinship and now it will be very interested for us. So, i will be glad to join your discusions and if you need any additional info about Djuric, just ask...i can also translate you what our media says about Djuric and Bristol. He is popular player here because he scored some goals in our NT as subs, he is very strong, dangerous in the air, but also good for hold up play and solid first touch. Our main striker is Edin Dzeko that's why he is on the bench, but he is very similar player to Dzeko. You pronounce his last name as Gurich, that is most correct...sorry for long post for the begining..good luck tommorow..

Nice of you to post here... Our new Bosnian friend, and than you for the offer of translation.

Well I think we all know at the very least the guy will be able to trap the ball and bring it under control better than most English players, so in my mind he is an improvement already, the way football is taught from a young in most of Europe is different to the UK.

Welcome to the board.  Enjoy the good times laugh at the abuse during the bad times, and I hope the Beast from Bosnia is great... If he is, you may well be on another teams forum within a year :) 

7 minutes ago, TRL said:

Nice of you to post here... Our new Bosnian friend, and than you for the offer of translation.

Well I think we all know at the very least the guy will be able to trap the ball and bring it under control better than most English players, so in my mind he is an improvement already, the way football is taught from a young in most of Europe is different to the UK.

Welcome to the board.  Enjoy the good times laugh at the abuse during the bad times, and I hope the Beast from Bosnia is great... If he is, you may well be on another teams forum within a year :) 

Thank you very much! I will try to be usefull here...just hope that he will improve on right way here. If not i will understand frustrations and maybe negative comments it is normal in fans world :) believe me there is nothing what someone from Balkan region did not heard already :) but i hope it will go in positive way...

I need to take deep look at the threads here, because i want to discus about other things related to english football. I am a big fan of fapl, england national team who i support since garry lineker time, of course after my origin bosnian team, and i always support english teams when play in Europe against others. I also have my favorite in PL but probably you will not like it :) so will not write about it :)

Good luck Bristol fans, you are my new team to watch and wanted to win. ;)

3 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Thank you very much! I will try to be usefull here...just hope that he will improve on right way here. If not i will understand frustrations and maybe negative comments it is normal in fans world :) believe me there is nothing what someone from Balkan region did not heard already :) but i hope it will go in positive way...

I need to take deep look at the threads here, because i want to discus about other things related to english football. I am a big fan of fapl, england national team who i support since garry lineker time, of course after my origin bosnian team, and i always support english teams when play in Europe against others. I also have my favorite in PL but probably you will not like it :) so will not write about it :)

Good luck Bristol fans, you are my new team to watch and wanted to win. ;)

Say your favourite PL team, I am sure there will be others that follow it :) 

Ah an English team when the rest of the world were at the same level as us with Lineker, such a shame the rest of the world left us in the 80's and progressed.

Oh and so you know, call us City fans not Bristol fans, some people get a bit upset if we are called Bristol :).  If you call us City you will be welcomed with open arms.

Who do you support in Bosnia?

2 hours ago, Bosnian beast said:

Hello all,

Firts of all be ready for expansion of bosnians here, because we always follow our players on fans forums :) 

So Bosnia and Barnsley is similar then. :P

Don't worry, that's not aimed at you, but some prolific Barnsley members of our forum.

48 minutes ago, TRL said:

Say your favourite PL team, I am sure there will be others that follow it :) 

Ah an English team when the rest of the world were at the same level as us with Lineker, such a shame the rest of the world left us in the 80's and progressed.

Oh and so you know, call us City fans not Bristol fans, some people get a bit upset if we are called Bristol :).  If you call us City you will be welcomed with open arms.

Who do you support in Bosnia?

Ah sorry, i will call City fans, thank you for your note, did not mean of course anything wrong. Well i started to watch england first because fans at that time, even than was many problems i always liked that support your  teams have. Than comes some players i liked firts of all Lineker even i was kid i remember it  a lot..than was also david plat i liked him as well...and what get me totaly crazy is one player Eric  Cantona and that team Man United...he is the reason i started to watch them...after he left, i was really really impresed with that man utd team those years, believe me i feel sad beause likes of Yorke Cole Keane Scholes Giggs are not playing anymore...but they left in my mind and i will support them (of course it is only tv support i do not have posibility to watch them live) no matter if i do not like recent things after SAF time, (not results but spending big money)  but i hope that they will get back and be like in the past. I think england fans use termin plastic for the like me who do not watch live matches but i have my local team and it is my love, but as our league is weak we watch english league as alternative way to watch good football and naturally support someone...if i tell you that i supported Liverpool in UCL final against Milano, and they are biggest Utd rival, than you can imagine how i love to watch english clubs..:)

My club is Sarajevo FC. There are two main clubs on my city, other one is FC Zeljeznicar and they are our biggest  rivals. Also these two clubs are biggest clubs in our country as well. This other one played against Newcastle in UCL play off about 13 years ago cca...my club played against man utd in champions cup about 50 years ago and go through us with referes mistake :) i wasn't born but i forgive them :)

3 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Ah sorry, i will call City fans, thank you for your note, did not mean of course anything wrong. Well i started to watch england first because fans at that time, even than was many problems i always liked that support your  teams have. Than comes some players i liked firts of all Lineker even i was kid i remember it  a lot..than was also david plat i liked him as well...and what get me totaly crazy is one player Eric  Cantona and that team Man United...he is the reason i started to watch them...after he left, i was really really impresed with that man utd team those years, believe me i feel sad beause likes of Yorke Cole Keane Scholes Giggs are not playing anymore...but they left in my mind and i will support them (of course it is only tv support i do not have posibility to watch them live) no matter if i do not like recent things after SAF time, (not results but spending big money)  but i hope that they will get back and be like in the past. I think england fans use termin plastic for the like me who do not watch live matches but i have my local team and it is my love, but as our league is weak we watch english league as alternative way to watch good football and naturally support someone...if i tell you that i supported Liverpool in UCL final against Milano, and they are biggest Utd rival, than you can imagine how i love to watch english clubs..:)

My club is Sarajevo FC. There are two main clubs on my city, other one is FC Zeljeznicar and they are our biggest  rivals. Also these two clubs are biggest clubs in our country as well. This other one played against Newcastle in UCL play off about 13 years ago cca...my club played against man utd in champions cup about 50 years ago and go through us with referes mistake :) i wasn't born but i forgive them :)

Man Yooooooooooo  booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hahaha its okay, i think its good having a team in another country.  Never understood having a 2nd team in your own country.  I am sure there are a few,in fact I know there are a few Man U fans on this forum.  To be fair they were a good team and good to watch, even though I did not like them or their manger.  they certainly will go down in history.

no need to apologise about calling us Bristol mate :)

When I travel around Europe I usually try to take in a game of football in the City I am in.  I have never seen a game in Bosnia even though I have been to Sarajevo..next time I am there I will have to watch a game, FC Zeljeznicar are also in Sarajevo? I remember talking to a guy in Mostar and I am sure he said he supported them and they were in Sarajevo

7 minutes ago, TRL said:

Man Yooooooooooo  booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hahaha its okay, i think its good having a team in another country.  Never understood having a 2nd team in your own country.  I am sure there are a few,in fact I know there are a few Man U fans on this forum.  To be fair they were a good team and good to watch, even though I did not like them or their manger.  they certainly will go down in history.

no need to apologise about calling us Bristol mate :)

When I travel around Europe I usually try to take in a game of football in the City I am in.  I have never seen a game in Bosnia even though I have been to Sarajevo..next time I am there I will have to watch a game, FC Zeljeznicar are also in Sarajevo? I remember talking to a guy in Mostar and I am sure he said he supported them and they were in Sarajevo

:) well i know that Man Utd have many fans worldwide (i belong to them :)) but i did not know that there many fans in other english cities? I sow some flags...Actually i have and had some english friends but they all do not like.man utd and told me that is not popular team in england except of course fans from Manchester and some near areas...i watched ucl final against Bayern with three english friends here in Sarajevo and they all suported Bayern :)

Zeljeznicar is from Sarajevo as well. Well, if you like to watch games, and if you will travel here i will be glad to host you...just say anytime, i will give you my contact no problem, i can speak with english people about football until the end :)

My life wishes are:

To watch any  match in England, prefferable man utd but if not possibile, also no matter who, any other match, and especially some match from 5-th or 6th level league mostly because of fans :)

- To watch England vs Bosnia at Wembley...

After that i will retire :)

4 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

:) well i know that Man Utd have many fans worldwide (i belong to them :)) but i did not know that there many fans in other english cities? I sow some flags...Actually i have and had some english friends but they all do not like.man utd and told me that is not popular team in england except of course fans from Manchester and some near areas...i watched ucl final against Bayern with three english friends here in Sarajevo and they all suported Bayern :)

Zeljeznicar is from Sarajevo as well. Well, if you like to watch games, and if you will travel here i will be glad to host you...just say anytime, i will give you my contact no problem, i can speak with english people about football until the end :)

My life wishes are:

To watch any  match in England, prefferable man utd but if not possibile, also no matter who, any other match, and especially some match from 5-th or 6th level league mostly because of fans :)

- To watch England vs Bosnia at Wembley...

After that i will retire :)

Thank you for the offer of watching a game, I may take that offer up one day, and likewise if you ever Bristol I can host you.

Haha i think there are more Man Utd fans outside of Manchester in the UK than in Manchester, it is well known in the UK about the main team in Manchester, for people living in Manchester, is Manchester City. That may be changing, Manchester city have changed a lot in the past 10 years

You are quite right though, Manchester united are hated by a lot o English people.  But if you ever get the chance to watch them, watch them when they travel away from home.  They support is the best you are likely to experience away from home.  At home, not so good, it sounds good on TV because they have the microphones in the right areas

15 hours ago, TMS said:

What about this for his song...to the tune of the Payet / Alli and all the other variations of the song...

'We've got Djuric, Milan Djuric I just don't think you understand,

He is a Bosniiiian, he's better ? than Zidannnne

We've got Milan Djuric!'

would prob save upsetting a few !

:whistle:

Think the 'Little Lee' is a sensitive issue !!! :yes:

15 minutes ago, TRL said:

Thank you for the offer of watching a game, I may take that offer up one day, and likewise if you ever Bristol I can host you.

Haha i think there are more Man Utd fans outside of Manchester in the UK than in Manchester, it is well known in the UK about the main team in Manchester, for people living in Manchester, is Manchester City. That may be changing, Manchester city have changed a lot in the past 10 years

You are quite right though, Manchester united are hated by a lot o English people.  But if you ever get the chance to watch them, watch them when they travel away from home.  They support is the best you are likely to experience away from home.  At home, not so good, it sounds good on TV because they have the microphones in the right areas

Thanks for advice. Who knows, in last three years i changed the Company and traveling a lot so just waiting for UK trip. And then no one stop me to watch any possibile match :)

You have my offer and word - if you will come here, i will be the host ;)

Edit: sorry maybe i missed something but not able to write new coments and quotes, only edit and like option is available..is it something up to my account? 

4 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Thanks for advice. Who knows, in last three years i changed the Company and traveling a lot so just waiting for UK trip. And then no one stop me to watch any possibile match :)

You have my offer and word - if you will come here, i will be the host ;)

A work paid football travelling holiday, bliss... good luck with that.. who do you work for, I want a new job! :) 

@Bosnian beast Hi mate, welcome to the forum.  I hope you get to watch your English football match soon!

Just wondering - I see from wikipedia that FK Sarajevo are owned by Vincent Tan. I assume you know that he is quite unpopular as the owner of our rivals and next opponents Cardiff City.  Do you like him as the owner of Sarajevo?  He did some pretty crazy stuff at Cardiff, changed the shirt colour, changed the badge etc.  He's not very well liked.

Also, I hope you'll be true to Djuric and not Tan on Saturday!

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

@Bosnian beast Hi mate, welcome to the forum.  I hope you get to watch your English football match soon!

Just wondering - I see from wikipedia that FK Sarajevo are owned by Vincent Tan. I assume you know that he is quite unpopular as the owner of our rivals and next opponents Cardiff City.  Do you like him as the owner of Sarajevo?  He did some pretty crazy stuff at Cardiff, changed the shirt colour, changed the badge etc.  He's not very well liked.

Also, I hope you'll be true to Djuric and not Tan on Saturday!

Hello,

Thanks for welcoming. Very good question. The answer is that i do not like him actually. Why? He is the guy who bought our club, and there was euforia because everyone thought that we will improve our club, that he will invest big money and we will not be the club with financial problems as we were, and that we will be always champions in our league and will play something more in  euro competitions.  He gave the budget of about 2 million euros which is something for our standard but nothing extraordinary. We heard what he done at Cardiff but he did not have similar intentions here, (and couldn't have beacaues there will be war to stop that) so first impressions were positive. But, that's all..he is bussines man, he promised to our board many things but did not realise (our director said that on public press). We sold some players and he in the fact has almost returned his money. Look now, our aim is to make something in Europe to qualify for group stage in any euro competition, but he is the owner of Belgium club Kotrijk also and according to the rules only one team can play Europe by the same owner. When we find out that fact, Kotrijk was fighting for Europe in Belgium league, we realized that our club will not play it in that case,  as we are third important club for him. And all his clubs will be our threat as long as they have chance to qualify for european competitions. So, having in mind that, most of our fans are not delighted with him, minority are,  just because we paid debts, but there is no big progress overally and he do not invest anything big, especially comparing to the Cardiff and Kotrijk, i can say that he is not what we thought. I personally belong to that group of fans. 

When is the word about Cardiff and Kotrijk, our fans do not have any emotions to them because of Tan, as we are aware they are just his bussines, as we are now. I do not know single person who follow that clubs. Honestly, if some bosnian player go to that clubs then they can have some followers, but that will be the only reason (same as Man City when Dzeko came) not because of Tan. 

If you ask me, i want Djuric to score hattrick in next match. And also Cardiff to not win any Cup which can push them to Euro competition. This in fact has nothing with your club, but is common interest ;) so please beat them, and i really want Djuric to score, because of him first, and then to gain your belief, after all you gave  money for him and you are not rich club. Looking forward for the match :)

Sorry if i have some grammar mistakes, hope that you can understand all as i do not use any translations :)

11 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Hello,

Thanks for welcoming. Very good question. The answer is that i do not like him actually. Why? He is the guy who bought our club, and there was euforia because everyone thought that we will improve our, he will invest big money and we will not be the club with financial problems as we were and that we will be always champions in our league and will play something more in  euro competitions.  He gave the budget of about 2 million euros which is something for our standard but nothing extraordinary. We heard what he done at Cardiff but he did not have similar intentions here, (and couldn't have beacues there will be war to stop that) so first impressions were positive. But, that's all..he is bussines man, he promised to our board many things but did not realise (our director said that on public press). We sold some players and he in the fact almost returned his money. Look now, our aim is to make something in Europe to qualify for group stage in any euro competition, but he is the owner of Belgium club Kotrijk also and according to the rules only team can play Europe by the same owner. When we find out that fact, Kotrijk was fighting for Europe in Belgium league, we realized that our club will not play it in that case,  as we are third important club for him. And all his clubs will be our threat as long as they have chance to qualify for european competitions. So, having in mind that most of our fans are not delighted with him, minority are,  just because we paid debts, but there is no big progrees overally and he do not invest anything big, especially comparing to the Cardiff and Kotrijk, i can say that he is not what we thought. I personally belong to that group of fans. 

When is the word about Cardiff and Kotrijk, our fans do not have any emotions to them because of Tan, as we are aware they are just his bussines, as we are now. I do not know single person who follow that clubs. Honestly, if some bosnian player go to that clubs then they can have some followers, but that will be the only reason (same as Man City when Dzeko came) not because of Tan. 

If you ask me, i want Djuric to score hattrick in next match. And also Cardiff to not win any Cup which can push them to Euro competition. This in fact has nothing with your club, but is common interest ;) so please beat them, and i really want Djuric to score, because of him first, and then to gain your belief, after all you gave  money for him and you are not rich club. Looking forward for the match :)

Sorry if i have some grammar mistakes, hope that you can understand all as i do not use any translations :)

I've enjoyed reading your posts Bosnian beast and don't worry about little grammatical issues, you're doing really well and your English is far better than any of us could do with Bosnian!

One small correction, by Premier league standards we may not be a rich club but please bear in mind that our owner is a £Billionaire so we can find money for the right player within reason. As an example, we have just spent £46M on our stadium so we're by no means a poor club for the level we play at.

You carry on posting as I find your posts fascinating.

20 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Hello,

Thanks for welcoming. Very good question. The answer is that i do not like him actually. Why? He is the guy who bought our club, and there was euforia because everyone thought that we will improve our club, that he will invest big money and we will not be the club with financial problems as we were, and that we will be always champions in our league and will play something more in  euro competitions.  He gave the budget of about 2 million euros which is something for our standard but nothing extraordinary. We heard what he done at Cardiff but he did not have similar intentions here, (and couldn't have beacaues there will be war to stop that) so first impressions were positive. But, that's all..he is bussines man, he promised to our board many things but did not realise (our director said that on public press). We sold some players and he in the fact has almost returned his money. Look now, our aim is to make something in Europe to qualify for group stage in any euro competition, but he is the owner of Belgium club Kotrijk also and according to the rules only one team can play Europe by the same owner. When we find out that fact, Kotrijk was fighting for Europe in Belgium league, we realized that our club will not play it in that case,  as we are third important club for him. And all his clubs will be our threat as long as they have chance to qualify for european competitions. So, having in mind that, most of our fans are not delighted with him, minority are,  just because we paid debts, but there is no big progress overally and he do not invest anything big, especially comparing to the Cardiff and Kotrijk, i can say that he is not what we thought. I personally belong to that group of fans. 

Keep posting. Great to have you here. Thanks for the insight into Djuric and more.

6 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I've enjoyed reading your posts Bosnian beast and don't worry about little grammatical issues, you're doing really well and your English is far better than any of us could do with Bosnian!

One small correction, by Premier league standards we may not be a rich club but please bear in mind that our owner is a £Billionaire so we can find money for the right player within reason. We have just spent £46M on our stadium so we're by no means a poor club for the level we play at.

You carry on posting as I find your posts fascinating.

Thank you also for this new info for me about your club/owner. Did not know that. Well if see actuall market, the clubs in your leagues must be have financial support as you pay more for everthing and as you have rich opositions. I am glad that you do not have that problems. So, you have rich owner, you have nice stadium, you have fans, and you are just one level behind top league in the world. Go fight, i wish you all the best. This year is to late, but who knows in future..i read your posts these days and it seems that you need more signings, especially in defence so i hope that you will manage it but also that these three new players will suite your club's ambitions.

11 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Thank you also for this new info for me about your club/owner. Did not know that. Well if see actuall market, the clubs in your leagues must be have financial support as you pay more for everthing and as you have rich opositions. I am glad that you do not have that problems. So, you have rich owner, you have nice stadium, you have fans, and you are just one level behind top league in the world. Go fight, i wish you all the best. This year is to late, but who knows in future..i read your posts these days and it seems that you need more signings, especially in defence so i hope that you will manage it but also that these three new players will suite your club's ambitions.

Here you go our friend, all about our owner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36390523

Here's a video of the stadium rebuild. It's pretty much exactly what we've now got. Enjoy.

7 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Here you go our friend, all about our owner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36390523

Uh what a man! Really succesful. It seems you will not wait too long for PL ;) full respect for this man really. This is honest owner. Tell me (sorry if spam) is rugby very popular in your city/country? Not in our country tbh.

6 minutes ago, Bosnian beast said:

Uh what a man! Really succesful. It seems you will not wait too long for PL ;) full respect for this man really. This is honest owner. Tell me (sorry if spam) is rugby very popular in your city/country? Not in our country tbh.

It's quite popular but nowhere near as popular as football. Bristol rugby play in the top division but get crowds smaller than ours. They were promoted last year and are currently bottom but catching up.

When England rugby play, their crowds are large, 80,000 for every home game.

4 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

It's quite popular but nowhere near as popular as football. Bristol rugby play in the top division but get crowds smaller than ours. They were promoted last year and are currently bottom but catching up.

When England rugby play, their crowds are large, 80,000 for every home game.

Well when you say nowhere near popular as football, believe me i am fascinated with your passion for football. That's why my wish was to live in England and be able to be part of that,  i will say important part of your life culture ( if i said this correctly). You have fans from 5 to 95 years old, you have more away fans than somebody else has home fans, your stadiums are full, you have tradition (first competition first proffesional clubs, players etc...) You have boxing day, you play at New Year, your teams from 6th level have own stadiums and loyal away and home fans...you really love your clubs and NT. Fascinating....

Do you know anything about any Bosnian players? We do not have many well known now, so i will mention most famous, and can you tell me do you know for them and what is your opinion? 

Of course i assume that you know our players who play/played in PL:

Edin Dzeko Man City now Roma player

Asmir Begovic Chelsea Gk (former Stoke City)

Muhamed Besic Everton

Additionaly: Vedad Ibisevic Hertha Striker

Miralem Pjanic Juventus (former Roma and Lyon player)

Hello,

There is latest interview with Djuric, in our media, after the debut. I will try to translate:

http://reprezentacija.ba/61304-milan-duric-zbog-begovica-sam-dosao-u-bristol

'I came to Bristol because of Begovic'

He said that he is satisfied with his debut, and that Bristol City are good club and good step for his career. His aim is to score many goals and to play in PL, perhaps with Bristol City. He was adviced by Magnusson and Begovic to came in Bristol City.

Also he said for the derby against Cardiff  ' Bristol City is not maybe in good position at the moment but derby is derby. It is a big match for us and i think that we will play good, it is the matter of psyche and we are good with that'

Also writer said that Begovic's younger brother plays for Bristol City young team? Is that true? The name is Denis Begovic...

well i google it :) it is true :) he plays for your u18 team as goalkeeper like Asmir :) well my friends we have two Bosnians in your Club :) i am starting to like you more and more ;)

@Bosnian beast Thank you for such a detailed answer to my question.  I suspected that you might say something similar.  I also did not know about the rule that only one team per owner can play in Europe.  I guess it will be either you or Kitrijk...although i googled Bosnian Premier League and it seems like you only go into the Second Qualifying round even if you win your league which is tough.

I also hope Djuric scores a hat-trick on saturday!

Archived