Jens Hegeler - Now Officially Signed!

Robson

4 hours ago, Bobfish said:

I think I got it, but it will send some mental:

“Cott’s left a hole in our midfield, dear LJ, dear LJ,

So we bought a feckin big german, Jens Helegar, Jens Helegar,

So let’s shut up them haters, dear LJ, dear LJ,

Next sort our defence out please Lee.”

I can see the steam pouring out from ears as I type.

And of course if it sorts out that hole in midfield the defence will be significantly less exposed- less exposed=less pressure which means less goals conceded.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

But we're not in the Bundesliga nor the Champion's League he might just not be ' shit ' for us in the English Second division.

Possible. Though this bloke follows English football (like most Germans) and us and in fact has seen us twice this season. So, given he's fully aware of the context of the signing I was hoping for slightly more positive comments...

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So we sign a very credible player from the Bundesliga who can play in a few positions , is huge, has good stats and is playing at a level above BCFC.

Meanwhile on here we have mention of Hitler, fee comparisons with the Conference and all that infers, comments about going out on loan etc etc.

The fact of the matter is that no-one seems good enough for our massive club to some on here and pretty much all our players are not up to the Championship, Mark Ashton's wheels have come off, SL doesn't have a clue and "Little" Lee is way out of his depth- is there anything I've missed?

Yes- we have problems but signings like this and the others being linked are proving to me that Nero isn't fiddling whilst Rome burns. Just a couple of years ago- Jens would be a marquee signing.

Have so many of you forgotten where we've come from? I've supported City all my life and my best season was winning the double with SC- a Div 3 title and a paint pot trophy.

Anyway- rant over and best of luck and welcome to Jens Hegeler, veteran of over 150 Bundesliga games and several in the Champion's League.

Well said Sir! :clap:

Although I hope to god he isn't in anyway social media savvy and he's reading this forum - otherwise he'll be on the first Lufthansa back..!

5 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Looks like the club have been doing some good scouting work behind the scenes and I must say that we should have brought players like this in the Summer:

1. Hegeler looks a proper player and will give us the presence in midfield we have been lacking. A great deal of experience in the Bundesliga and in Europe. 

2. I am excited about Duric - please god, let us get that one over the line. This guy looks class from what I have seen of him and his international record speaks for itself.He is the target man we have longed for.... I can see him playing much much higher. 

3. Bailey Wright - good, solid Aussie defender. Again, vast international experience. Just what we need.

I am thrilled with the calibre of players we are going for and I am sure that they will not only reinforce us but will improve the first team significantly. We are also adding height and power, just what we needed....

I would like another CB and a GK. Willis from Coventry maybe a good signing. I would also like us to try and get Sam Johnstone - he was a solid GK when he was at Preston (on loan from Man Utd). 

Looks like LJ will have no excuses....

Just out of interest, have you seen any of these players play?

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

For a bit of balance; have you?

No , so what's your point.

I was asking mark red if he seen them play because he seems to know a lot about them, I on the other hand have never heard of them.

So what's you problem with that!

2 minutes ago, bs3 said:

No , so what's your point.

I was asking mark red if he seen them play because he seems to know a lot about, I on the other hand have never heard of them.

So what's you problem with that!

My apologies; about five post up you said "you get what you pay for in football" in response to someone being pleased this lad cost us a low fee - it didn't scan as a compliment.

57 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Yes it is cheap. 

You pay for what you get in football.

There are so many “handbag-wielding haters” on here, not even happy that we have signed someone who has played in the champion’s league and the german top flight. One who could be a perfect solution to one of our glaring issues for seasons. Complaining he is too cheap etc. They hate LJ so much they would cut off their own noses to spite their face. Wow. I can’t wait until we get all these signings to plug the holes, offload the deadweight, and turn things around. Return to having discussions with people who agree, disagree, or somewhere in-between, instead of pages of angry, incoherent rants. People complaining that LJ’s bullshi**ing, when all they are doing is projecting onto him that they don’t understand the elements of the modern game he is taking the time to discuss. It must feel like trying to explain evolution to fanatical fundamentalists. So please, handbag-wielding haters, put down the pint of wife-beater, take off the string vest, wipe the rabid foam from your lips, and let’s see how these signings turn out. LJ is here to stay.

COYR.

4 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

There are so many “handbag-wielding haters” on here, not even happy that we have signed someone who has played in the champion’s league and the german top flight. One who could be a perfect solution to one of our glaring issues for seasons. Complaining he is too cheap etc. They hate LJ so much they would cut off their own noses to spite their face. Wow. I can’t wait until we get all these signings to plug the holes, offload the deadweight, and turn things around. Return to having discussions with people who agree, disagree, or somewhere in-between, instead of pages of angry, incoherent rants. People complaining that LJ’s bullshi**ing, when all they are doing is projecting onto him that they don’t understand the elements of the modern game he is taking the time to discuss. It must feel like trying to explain evolution to fanatical fundamentalists. So please, handbag-wielding haters, put down the pint of wife-beater, take off the string vest, wipe the rabid foam from your lips, and let’s see how these signings turn out. LJ is here to stay.

COYR.

Well said that man.

4 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

COYR.

Who are the dead weight we should get rid of?

12 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

COYR.

Cant quite fathom the complete confidence you have in the Lansdowns keeping Lee come what may. I genuinely believe if we lose our next couple in the league he will be gone. As we have seen in previous years Bristol City Fc can turn into a nasty place once the fanbase has completely turnt on a manager and I believe it wont be too long before we are at that crossroads in regards too Lee's position if he doesn't turn it around.

9 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

COYR.

Bob you're a true red.  Well said.

31 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Who are the dead weight we should get rid of?

That will obviously depend on who we sign. I expect that this incoming signing of a defensive midfielder will mean either pack (perhaps why not in squad against Reading,) Korey, or GON (if the talking back rumours are true) will go. As I have said in previous posts, I expect we will see more of this early one in and late one out like for like in this transfer window. We won’t just unload players we have no back up for, thus the term “deadweight” if we have several for the same position.

34 minutes ago, bris red said:

Cant quite fathom the complete confidence you have in the Lansdowns keeping Lee come what may. I genuinely believe if we lose our next couple in the league he will be gone. As we have seen in previous years Bristol City Fc can turn into a nasty place once the fanbase has completely turnt on a manager and I believe it wont be too long before we are at that crossroads in regards too Lee's position if he doesn't turn it around.

As I have said in previous posts, I think the first half of the season has been orchestrated like this: Mainly young for the future transfers in with a couple of “older hands” to strengthen the side, all to show some loyalty to the “old guard” of the squad and evaluate who has the technical ability and football intelligence to step up to this more modern game – changing tactics and formation mid-game, high pressing, intelligent movement on and off the ball, possession based passing etc etc. Sadly, not too many have. During this, the “future transfers” (who all seem intelligent, I might add) are/have been coached in these styles to come through to the first team mid-season or are loaned off for game time if not yet quite ready. That is one reason why I don’t think SL will sack LJ anytime soon, as although this is a bad run of results, it is part of the plan – although obviously they hoped it would have gone better. Makes financial sense, the more old guard that could adapt, the less replacements we need to buy. SL is a business man after all. I think this is going to a busier transfer window than SL intended though.

Archived