IGNORED

Jens Hegeler - Now Officially Signed!

Robson

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 19:22, TRL said:

Took a cracker against Real Sociedad in the 90th minute.

That's no use to City, we only have players who concede in the 90th minute.

Joking aside Wilkommen auf Bristol Jens.

1 hour ago, Malago said:

Bob you're a true red.  Well said.

+1. I`m detecting an undercurrent of disappointment from some that we do appear to have signed a player for a position where we have problems. It looks some are terrified that we might turn things around and they won`t get to go to the public hanging that they`re eagerly awaiting.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

+1. I`m detecting an undercurrent of disappointment from some that we do appear to have signed a player for a position where we have problems. It looks some are terrified that we might turn things around and they won`t get to go to the public hanging that they`re eagerly awaiting.

Them pitchforks and flaming torches aint cheap, perhaps they forgot to keep the receipt? Or in the monty python theme OTIB loves, a bag of gravel for the stoning? What also burns - more witches!

4 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Funny how any signings we are making now are all immediately carp because of this bad run we are on. Had these two been coming in August the same people would've been going  yeah, yeah  just what we need etc etc

It's a Vitamin D deficiency thing. They could do with a winter break

3 hours ago, Bobfish said:

There are so many “handbag-wielding haters” on here, not even happy that we have signed someone who has played in the champion’s league and the german top flight. One who could be a perfect solution to one of our glaring issues for seasons. Complaining he is too cheap etc. They hate LJ so much they would cut off their own noses to spite their face. Wow. I can’t wait until we get all these signings to plug the holes, offload the deadweight, and turn things around. Return to having discussions with people who agree, disagree, or somewhere in-between, instead of pages of angry, incoherent rants. People complaining that LJ’s bullshi**ing, when all they are doing is projecting onto him that they don’t understand the elements of the modern game he is taking the time to discuss. It must feel like trying to explain evolution to fanatical fundamentalists. So please, handbag-wielding haters, put down the pint of wife-beater, take off the string vest, wipe the rabid foam from your lips, and let’s see how these signings turn out. LJ is here to stay.

COYR.

BF - you're rapidly becoming the voice of sanity / common sense and generally good-poster on here.  I don't agree with everything you write, but I can see where you're coming from.

Imagine every Alex Ferguson signing worked?  There are so many variables, even home-sickness, which sounds lame, but when you've invested £millions on a player, he ain't suffering for the sake of it is he?

Lets hope these two (and others) turn the tide.  They might bring the best out of players we think aren't up to it.  Sometimes one player can make another.

3 hours ago, Bobfish said:

There are so many “handbag-wielding haters” on here, not even happy that we have signed someone who has played in the champion’s league and the german top flight. One who could be a perfect solution to one of our glaring issues for seasons. Complaining he is too cheap etc. They hate LJ so much they would cut off their own noses to spite their face. Wow. I can’t wait until we get all these signings to plug the holes, offload the deadweight, and turn things around. Return to having discussions with people who agree, disagree, or somewhere in-between, instead of pages of angry, incoherent rants. People complaining that LJ’s bullshi**ing, when all they are doing is projecting onto him that they don’t understand the elements of the modern game he is taking the time to discuss. It must feel like trying to explain evolution to fanatical fundamentalists. So please, handbag-wielding haters, put down the pint of wife-beater, take off the string vest, wipe the rabid foam from your lips, and let’s see how these signings turn out. LJ is here to stay.

COYR.

Bob the last person I saw wearing the designer string vest was the one and only Rab,C .

Do you think that our new striker (as it gets cold in Bosnia) could be the one to bring it back in style?

Great post by the way.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

BF - you're rapidly becoming the voice of sanity / common sense and generally good-poster on here.  I don't agree with everything you write, but I can see where you're coming from.

Imagine every Alex Ferguson signing worked?  There are so many variables, even home-sickness, which sounds lame, but when you've invested £millions on a player, he ain't suffering for the sake of it is he?

Lets hope these two (and others) turn the tide.  They might bring the best out of players we think aren't up to it.  Sometimes one player can make another.

Well I am not the only voice of sanity, by a long way. I am glad you don’t agree with all I say; that is what a forum was created for after all, over two millennium ago back in Rome and its equivalent before it in Athens, to explore others’ points of view. Too many on here seem to forget that and it descends into “the daily hate” like in George Orwell’s 1984. Some just want to be right, get likes, or result to personal insults. I was discussing something on another topic recently with a person like that. He just had to be right, had to get the last word. He clearly didn’t read anything I said and so I hinted at this with the application of sarcasm. I had neglected to use the “write in green crayon” key to highlight this for equal opportunities purposes and it went completely over his head. When I saw that, I just stopped because I realised to continue would have been the intellectual equivalent of bludgeoning baby seals.

43 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Bob the last person I saw wearing the designer string vest was the one and only Rab,C .

Do you think that our new striker (as it gets cold in Bosnia) could be the one to bring it back in style?

Great post by the way.

Who would laugh if he did? He is 6ft 6 and looks like he should be carrying a battleaxe rather than kicking a ball. Just what we need with the 6ft 4 Hegelar marshalling the midfield. We have been lightweight and need this balance with the impressive Brownhill, O’dowda, Reid, and Tammy, who are all faster and slighter in stature, buzzing round them. Onwards and upwards. I am hoping these new signings fit in quickly as a lot of foreign players struggle with the physicality of the English game, whilst physicality obviously is their game. Corners and set pieces at both ends should be less of a nail-biting experience now too.

COYR.

14 hours ago, bris red said:

Cant quite fathom the complete confidence you have in the Lansdowns keeping Lee come what may. I genuinely believe if we lose our next couple in the league he will be gone. As we have seen in previous years Bristol City Fc can turn into a nasty place once the fanbase has completely turnt on a manager and I believe it wont be too long before we are at that crossroads in regards too Lee's position if he doesn't turn it around.

Already my word of the year. I love Bristolian.

Jens Hegeler Characteristics

+ Strengths

Through balls
Strong
Tackling
Strong
Blocking the ball
Strong
Concentration
Strong
Defensive contribution
Strong

- Weaknesses

Passing
Weak
Crossing
Weak
Holding on to the ball
Weak
Discipline
Weak

Jens Hegeler's Style of Play

• Likes to tackle
© WhoScored.com

Looks promising indeed, through balls being an apparent strength is a little bonus also.

10 hours ago, Bobfish said:

Well I am not the only voice of sanity, by a long way. I am glad you don’t agree with all I say; that is what a forum was created for after all, over two millennium ago back in Rome and its equivalent before it in Athens, to explore others’ points of view. Too many on here seem to forget that and it descends into “the daily hate” like in George Orwell’s 1984. Some just want to be right, get likes, or result to personal insults. I was discussing something on another topic recently with a person like that. He just had to be right, had to get the last word. He clearly didn’t read anything I said and so I hinted at this with the application of sarcasm. I had neglected to use the “write in green crayon” key to highlight this for equal opportunities purposes and it went completely over his head. When I saw that, I just stopped because I realised to continue would have been the intellectual equivalent of bludgeoning baby seals.

Who would laugh if he did? He is 6ft 6 and looks like he should be carrying a battleaxe rather than kicking a ball. Just what we need with the 6ft 4 Hegelar marshalling the midfield. We have been lightweight and need this balance with the impressive Brownhill, O’dowda, Reid, and Tammy, who are all faster and slighter in stature, buzzing round them. Onwards and upwards. I am hoping these new signings fit in quickly as a lot of foreign players struggle with the physicality of the English game, whilst physicality obviously is their game. Corners and set pieces at both ends should be less of a nail-biting experience now too.

COYR.

... but more nail biting for the opposition.

Archived