IGNORED

Jens Hegeler - Now Officially Signed!

Robson

Welcome Jens.

LJ says JH 'can slot into midfield as well as in a defensive role if needed'.

The OS goes on to say 'the 6ft. 4" midfielder...... will provide vital experience to City's midfield.'

Hertha fan on FB says he's 'solid at CB, as a CDM he's like a tree. (:blink:) Hope he plays better in England.'

Anyone's guess from that where City see him playing - is he a CB or a defensive midfielder?

Hopefully we've signed a master of both trades.

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Welcome Jens.

LJ says JH 'can slot into midfield as well as in a defensive role if needed'.

The OS goes on to say 'the 6ft. 4" midfielder...... will provide vital experience to City's midfield.'

Hertha fan on FB says he's 'solid at CB, as a CDM he's like a tree. (:blink:) Hope he plays better in England.'

Anyone's guess from that where City see him playing - is he a CB or a defensive midfielder?

Hopefully we've signed a master of both trades.

we will stick with 4-5-1, he will anchor the midfield and defense by playing just in front of the back four to break up attacks imo

4 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Only 8.5% of his passes go backwards! That will be a novelty.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

That was the stat that has most excited me!!

But where do those passes originate from? If he's a CB/CDM then perhaps only 8.5% of his passes begin in the opposition's half...then maybe 100% of those 8.5% go backwards...and of those only 61.9% are completed!

On 2 January 2017 at 18:16, JoeAman08 said:

Think he's a versatile centre half that can play as a holding midfielder. Be more the type of signing that would excite me. Like Beerens at Reading. Squad player at the Bundesliga can't be a poor player

300K?? You'd pay more than that for a non league player

Excuse the wordplay but, if he is a defensive midfielder, this could be a huge signing for us. 

I really think that if we've got a midfielder who drops back to help the defence when we're under pressure then that additional man will help the full-backs to stay wide and that will reduce the amount of space opponents get to cross into the box.  If he can help out at set pieces too that's going to tackle two of the main sources of the goals we concede...

Looks like the club have been doing some good scouting work behind the scenes and I must say that we should have brought players like this in the Summer:

1. Hegeler looks a proper player and will give us the presence in midfield we have been lacking. A great deal of experience in the Bundesliga and in Europe. 

2. I am excited about Duric - please god, let us get that one over the line. This guy looks class from what I have seen of him and his international record speaks for itself.He is the target man we have longed for.... I can see him playing much much higher. 

3. Bailey Wright - good, solid Aussie defender. Again, vast international experience. Just what we need.

I am thrilled with the calibre of players we are going for and I am sure that they will not only reinforce us but will improve the first team significantly. We are also adding height and power, just what we needed....

I would like another CB and a GK. Willis from Coventry maybe a good signing. I would also like us to try and get Sam Johnstone - he was a solid GK when he was at Preston (on loan from Man Utd). 

Looks like LJ will have no excuses....

I think I got it, but it will send some mental:

“Cott’s left a hole in our midfield, dear LJ, dear LJ,

So we bought a feckin big german, Jens Helegar, Jens Helegar,

So let’s shut up them haters, dear LJ, dear LJ,

Next sort our defence out please Lee.”

I can see the steam pouring out from ears as I type.

11 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Looks like the club have been doing some good scouting work behind the scenes and I must say that we should have brought players like this in the Summer:

1. Hegeler looks a proper player and will give us the presence in midfield we have been lacking. A great deal of experience in the Bundesliga and in Europe. 

2. I am excited about Duric - please god, let us get that one over the line. This guy looks class from what I have seen of him and his international record speaks for itself.He is the target man we have longed for.... I can see him playing much much higher. 

3. Bailey Wright - good, solid Aussie defender. Again, vast international experience. Just what we need.

I am thrilled with the calibre of players we are going for and I am sure that they will not only reinforce us but will improve the first team significantly. We are also adding height and power, just what we needed....

I would like another CB and a GK. Willis from Coventry maybe a good signing. I would also like us to try and get Sam Johnstone - he was a solid GK when he was at Preston (on loan from Man Utd). 

Looks like LJ will have no excuses....

Looks like we're switching back to a 352 with more defensive CBs 

11 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Looks like we're switching back to a 352 with more defensive CBs 

Not sure, I think he will play 4132 or 4312. 

He needs to come up with a system which can get us 2 upfront and Tomlin in the team whilst still providing width!

9 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I understood it was an undisclosed fee, where have posters heard reference to €300,000?

From the Berlin end JB.

'There's a big fekin German in our team

There's a big fekin German in our team

There's a big fekin German, big fekin German

Big fekin German in our team

Jens Hegelar will knock you down

Jens Hegelar will knock you down

Our big fekin Germa, big fekin German

Jens Hegelar will knock you down.'

Auf gehts Jens, wilkommen.

Coat on, leaving already. :thumbsup:

Archived