IGNORED

Jens Hegeler - Now Officially Signed!

Robson

It's funny how our transfer policy goes in circles. I think it was under John Ward and Benny Lenartson when the club lined up an influx of European players to give us league potential at a much better price. Gary Johnson dabbled with players like Styver but had his fingers badly burned. And then we had Cotterill apparently who had no desire to sign anyone from outside the UK - I'm still not sure how Kodjia got through the door but thank goodness he did.

So here we are again looking to Europe for better value.

The moral of the story is the right player can come from anywhere. Magnusson has been a revelation this season.  Very good scouting and contract negotiation by the club.

I'm happy that we're looking abroad - with luck we will unearth a player that hasn't been scouted and rejected by every other Championship club. Game on!

11 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

German news outlets saying he's signed until 2019. 

hegeler.PNG

Very pleased as seems a lad with a bit of pedigree, but strange how quiet we're apparently being with all these signings...

Get the impression we'll have a bumper day of everyone getting announced, followed by a few perhaps heading out the door quick smart, maybe on loan or otherwise.

16 minutes ago, samo II said:

Very pleased as seems a lad with a bit of pedigree, but strange how quiet we're apparently being with all these signings...

Get the impression we'll have a bumper day of everyone getting announced, followed by a few perhaps heading out the door quick smart, maybe on loan or otherwise.

That would be what I`d do if I were SL. Try and lay some of the dust from yesterday with some good news do it and before we get into the Fleetwood pre-match stuff. A press call with Djuric, Hegeler and Bailey Wright tomorrow would cheer a lot of us up!

These are all happening just like Kodjia, Taylor Moore and Magners with minimum build up and then boom, they`re here which makes me think there is some mileage in at least some of it. Players being at AG too is always a good sign.

At least if one or more of these do come off we`re doing business early for once but agree with one or two out the door as well maybe.

Admin-ajax.phpBZ
January 3, 2017 20:05 Updated 20:06

Now it's fixed. Hertha BSC and Jens Hegeler are now separated from each other. The all-rounder changes to Bristol City in the Championship.

According to BZ information is the change of Hertha's defensive allrounders Jens Hegeler to the island in dry cloths. On Monday he had passed the obligatory medicine check.

Half a year before the Berlin contract, the 28-year-old joins the British second-league champion Bristol City. There he is to receive a contract until 2019.

Hertha sat on the bench at Hertha for months. Only in the last two games of the year did he stand as an internal defensive player in the starting lineup, according to coach Dardai was one of the best players. Hegeler certainly did not see a future.

Hegelers' only goal in the Hertha jersey: on February 7, he converted a penalty to the 1-0 lead in the Mainz 2-0 loss (Photo: picture alliance / Fotostand) Hegelers' only goal in the Hertha jersey: on February 7, he converted a penalty to the 1-0 lead in the Mainz 2-0 loss (Photo: picture alliance / Fotostand)

Bristol is currently 17th of the Championship. Hegeler is to lead the team up again. Hertha is still losing around 300,000 euros for the former U21 national team player in the winter.

Hegeler came to Berlin in summer 2014 from Leverkusen. For Hertha, he played 46 times in the Bundesliga (1 goal) and seven times in the DFB Cup.

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That would be what I`d do if I were SL. Try and lay some of the dust from yesterday with some good news do it and before we get into the Fleetwood pre-match stuff. A press call with Djuric, Hegeler and Bailey Wright tomorrow would cheer a lot of us up!

These are all happening just like Kodjia, Taylor Moore and Magners with minimum build up and then boom, they`re here which makes me think there is some mileage in at least some of it. Players being at AG too is always a good sign.

At least if one or more of these do come off we`re doing business early for once but agree with one or two out the door as well maybe.

If Wright arrives, think Moore's apparent loan will happen, and I'd no be surprised if perhaps a midfielder or two quietly head off too - can't thin who, but if Smith is back in contention, we'll have a lot of options in that central area.

The other alternative is we're stocking up to play 352 again; more strikers, plenty of midfielders, and increasing our centre back options - stranger things have happened.

Would be a statement of intent too; not sure too many others currently below us will be in a position to aggressively recruit like LJ seems to have been given licence to.  Rotherham don't even have a manager right now, while it is no secret that Burton, Blackburn and Forest simply do not have the money to invest unless they sell, and if Blackburn and Forest flog the likes of Marshall and Lansbury, then they'll need replacing.

And if we get these three swiftly, wonder if there are to be even more in this window?

9 hours ago, spudski said:

300,000 Euros...blimey...sounds too good to be true. I'm really excited about this signing. Only from what I've watched on the net, he looks decent and exactly what we need.

He's got that 'German' arrogance about him...a no messing quality.

When was the last time we had a German play for us?

My fathers favourite City player was a German...Alec Eisentrager.

Quite a fierce backbone appearing... Iceland, Germany and Bosnia...they all like a scrap ;-)

Antoine Hey

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Hey

Archived