IGNORED

Jens Hegeler - Now Officially Signed!

Robson

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Could well be. But persoanlly I don't think we have a good enough right wing back to play 5-3-2 yet. 

Agree I  was thinking about this,  we have good lwb in O'Dowda  and Bryan as cover.  Little was good at league one but not at this level whilst Matthews is just so hit and miss don't think has the stamina for wingback.  

5 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Agree I  was thinking about this,  we have good lwb in O'Dowda  and Bryan as cover.  Little was good at league one but not at this level whilst Matthews is just so hit and miss don't think has the stamina for wingback.  

I agree, Little is the most athletic of the two but seems to lack the quality. Matthews I'm not sure is a 'wing back'.

The other option I guess is Brownhill, but he has looked better playing central where he is strongest.

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I agree, Little is the most athletic of the two but seems to lack the quality. Matthews I'm not sure is a 'wing back'.

The other option I guess is Brownhill, but he has looked better playing central where he is strongest.

I think Brownhill could possibly do this role as seems versatile player but think he must stay in central midfield been the best Cm of this season along with Pack.  

11 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Apologies if this had already been posted, but as I was struggling to find any footage of Hegeler at all apart from a Champions League freekick, I thought I'd see how much he's been playing.

He's made 6 appearances this season, only starting 2. He's scored none and assisted none, but that's to be expected as the two games he started were at CB. In one of those, Hertha lost 2-0, although that was against the notorious RB Leipzig. In the other, Hertha kept a clean sheet.

So what does that say? Not a lot, really. Both his starts were in December, so you could say he has match fitness. Normally 6 appearances in a season would be considered quite poor, but Hertha are unbelievably 3rd in the table behind Bayern and Leipzig, so for him to still be getting a couple of starts for them in defence is pretty promising for us. Good age at 28, good height at 6'4. I really do wish I could find some decent footage of him though...

I'd rather see him live .

10 hours ago, Alessandro said:

So I've spoken to my German friend who I was working with tonight - he is a Herta fan.

He said of Hegeler (pronounced like, if anyone cares, Hay-ge-ler) that he was a main stay in the team for a long period, defensive midfielder who can fill in at centre back.

He said he is not the kind of player to score goals or pick out the wonder pass, but does all the necessary unseen, dirty work breaking up the play and covering the back four.

Has fallen out of the first team as stronger players have come in.

Sounds just the job . Is the Great Escape on ? 

Archived