IGNORED

Jens Hegeler - Now Officially Signed!

Robson

40 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I really think that if we've got a midfielder who drops back to help the defence when we're under pressure then that additional man will help the full-backs to stay wide and that will reduce the amount of space opponents get to cross into the box. 

Looks like the full backs tuck in all the time and they must be told to do that. Unless LJ changes his instructions I'm not that confident this will improve.

If you watch our defence shape up they leave acres out wide for a winger and don't move towards them until the ball is played to the man. Often this is too late to stop a cross.

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Bet he will know where Hitler was borne ,Ya?

Let's keep this on topic and welcoming shall we. Can people leave out these references please or they will find themselves left out of the forum.

And by the way it's not Ya it's Ja.

5-3-2?

------------------------------------FF/ROD/NEW

--------------WRIGHT-----------FLINT-------------MAGS

WILLIS-----------------------------------------------------------------JOE B

-----------KOREY--------DER KAISER---------BROWNHILL

------------------------TAMMY------------DURIC

No Tomlin, Pack, GON, COD or Freeman.

A German friend of mine has said this about him

he was a very promising talent years ago, but never had his real breakthrough. Temporarily he is playing very well but never constantly over a longer period. In his last club (Hertha BSC Berlin) he played only 6x in the actual season.

Due to his age I think Bristol is his last change to proof that he is more than the eternal talent - if he takes this chance you got a good player for little money, if not ...

Sounds like a worthwhile gamble on a player who could be a good signing. Lets hope he is up for proving a point.

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Bet he will know where Hitler was borne ,Ya?

22 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Adolf Hitler was born in Austria but most people thought he was German

Have we REALLY got to go through this nonsense, just because we have a German!??!?!?

@1bristolcity if you're trying to be smart it's "JA" :facepalm:

So we sign a very credible player from the Bundesliga who can play in a few positions , is huge, has good stats and is playing at a level above BCFC.

Meanwhile on here we have mention of Hitler, fee comparisons with the Conference and all that infers, comments about going out on loan etc etc.

The fact of the matter is that no-one seems good enough for our massive club to some on here and pretty much all our players are not up to the Championship, Mark Ashton's wheels have come off, SL doesn't have a clue and "Little" Lee is way out of his depth- is there anything I've missed?

Yes- we have problems but signings like this and the others being linked are proving to me that Nero isn't fiddling whilst Rome burns. Just a couple of years ago- Jens would be a marquee signing.

Have so many of you forgotten where we've come from? I've supported City all my life and my best season was winning the double with SC- a Div 3 title and a paint pot trophy.

Anyway- rant over and best of luck and welcome to Jens Hegeler, veteran of over 150 Bundesliga games and several in the Champion's League.

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So we sign a very credible player from the Bundesliga who can play in a few positions , is huge, has good stats and is playing at a level above BCFC.

Meanwhile on here we have mention of Hitler, fee comparisons with the Conference and all that infers, comments about going out on loan etc etc.

The fact of the matter is that no-one seems good enough for our massive club to some on here and pretty much all our players are not up to the Championship, Mark Ashton's wheels have come off, SL doesn't have a clue and "Little" Lee is way out of his depth- is there anything I've missed?

Yes- we have problems but signings like this and the others being linked are proving to me that Nero isn't fiddling whilst Rome burns. Just a couple of years ago- Jens would be a marquee signing.

Have so many of you forgotten where we've come from? I've supported City all my life and my best season was winning the double with SC- a Div 3 title and a paint pot trophy.

Anyway- rant over and best of luck and welcome to Jens Hegeler, veteran of over 150 Bundesliga games and several in the Champion's League.

Have some sympathy here. Clearly at least notionally a good signing at a good price. I have good friends in Germany and they tell me hes a good player that has not quite got to where he might of....Well you could see that about Lee Tomlin

Right now we are not up to Championship standard and the wheels have come off, that is clear by results lately, but that does not mean we can not get back on track very soon with a couple of wins and a decent Cup draw.

I agree Nero is not fiddling and time will tell if Rome burns anyway. We are all (mainly all) keeping our fingers crossed as failure of this football club hurts us all....Good Luck Jens, hopefully a couple more footballers to help you coming soon!

18 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Spot on, unreal really init. We've had 8 years of top flight football in 120 years or so of history but some of our lot are on a par with the 15ers in the delusion stakes. 

3 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Not sure, I think he will play 4132 or 4312. 

He needs to come up with a system which can get us 2 upfront and Tomlin in the team whilst still providing width!

Disagree.. I think that LJ will now have the players to attempt the fabled 'doughnut formation', with Tomlin playing in the hole.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Let's keep this on topic and welcoming shall we. Can people leave out these references please or they will find themselves left out of the forum.

And by the way it's not Ya it's Ja.

Is it ok to say.....

''We're gonna need a bigger car park'' ? 

AG8 the 'peoples car' park 2017 ...  Image result for vw beetle car park

Archived