IGNORED

The Fall out...

spudski

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like I posted earlier in this thread - I don't think Tomlin is cognitively able to see that his tendency to gob off at authority figures gets him into bother...........:facepalm:

But you didn't quite post that did you?!

Bloody hell, between you and @Full nelson this has become an object lesson in 'when good puerile jokes go bad'.

Thanks for your smutty mind @Jack Dawe

23 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Time to put up or shut up Spudski, yeah you've made it clear you have contacts in the game

BUT, there is much more to what you have said above

So why not come out and tell the FULL story if you are so ITK !!

Because thats how ITK ego's work. They give out a little bit of info just to make themselves feel more important.

No disrespect aimed directly at Spudski, as he actually writes quite interesting posts, but it happens all the time on here, especially around transfers

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Half time at Huddersfield he did cross the line but I can't see that one incident being the sole reason behind him being dropped. 

Any idea what was said?

All sorts of things get said during a game that are just heat of the moment and soon get resolved after the game.

Like someone else said on the thread, you dont get fighters without the passion and emotion so when things are going shit you expect things to be said. better that than a bunch of mice just sitting there quiet.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

This has got to be the most 'sensationalist' journalism I've read for a while...and whilst reading this forum it seems certain fans are getting sucked into it ...

I am not sure that we (the wonderful OTIB community) should be criticising the Evening Post for this story.

We all know their 'exclusives' are lifted from this site, so it's our own fault for creating a thread on it.....

52 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

LJ threatened to sub him if he lost his man again to which Tomlin replied if you sub me off I'll knock you out. Or something to that effect

If, if that's true Tomlin needs to grow up,grow a chin,and grow a pair...No way you would react this way towards a person you respect & value.i guess the truth will out eventually.

48 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

If, if that's true Tomlin needs to grow up,grow a chin,and grow a pair...No way you would react this way towards a person you respect & value.i guess the truth will out eventually.

Unfortunately Tomlin is not blessed with the smartest mind.

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unfortunately Tomlin is not blessed with the smartest mind.

But he is blessed with undoubted football ability. He knows he could be bombed out here and someone else will snap him up, only for history to repeat itself. I'm increasingly of the opinion that whilst I appreciate his talent he couldn't give a toss about Bristol City Football Club. I personally would rather a player with less ability and more commitment and professionalism play for us.

Everyone writing off Tomlin as a 'luxury' player that we don't need now, seems to be forgetting that we were in a slightly worse position last season when Lee Tomlin joined us, and his assists and goals were a large part of why we didn't get relegated.

For me the problem is LJ playing him (and numerous others) out of position, no wonder Tomlin has got frustrated. Played as a number ten behind the front man or front pair, he has to be one of the best in this division. Ask him to play left midfield and track back to protect left back and you are clearly inviting problems. 

If LJ has fallen out with LT, then for the good of the team LJ needs to get over his little-man syndrome and manage the situation like he is paid to do!

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

But he is blessed with undoubted football ability. He knows he could be bombed out here and someone else will snap him up, only for history to repeat itself. I'm increasingly of the opinion that whilst I appreciate his talent he couldn't give a toss about Bristol City Football Club. I personally would rather a player with less ability and more commitment and professionalism play for us.

Why do people make these sweeping statements about players having no idea about their attitude and feelings towards the club.Perhaps the reason he's fed up is because he knows he hasn't performed as he did last year.

As for saying players with less ability than LT then take your choice,we've got loads.

20 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Everyone writing off Tomlin as a 'luxury' player that we don't need now, seems to be forgetting that we were in a slightly worse position last season when Lee Tomlin joined us, and his assists and goals were a large part of why we didn't get relegated.

For me the problem is LJ playing him (and numerous others) out of position, no wonder Tomlin has got frustrated. Played as a number ten behind the front man or front pair, he has to be one of the best in this division. Ask him to play left midfield and track back to protect left back and you are clearly inviting problems. 

If LJ has fallen out with LT, then for the good of the team LJ needs to get over his little-man syndrome and manage the situation like he is paid to do!

Sorry, but LT is not absolved of blame for this situation. They BOTH need to address the situation (we assume this has already been done) and put aside their differences for the good of the club. It is in neither of their interests for the situation not to be resolved.

4 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

For his cognitive faculties to work, Tomlin's amygdala needs to control - keep a lid on - his stress response and therefore his emotional state. Tomlin is emotionally weak, his fight/flight response is way too sensitive and ready to fire. Authority figures - bosses, referees - set him off certainly. Therapy could help this lad

Get a sport psyc in to work with emotional control and aggression? 

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

I did chortle reading this. You clearly are unaware how off the pulse the EP are about our club if you find them particularly trustworth. 

Edit - misquoted; ref @Neo's post

I did not say I found them trustworthy- just intimated that hard to see Tomlin being mature enough to sort out sensibly and a general belief of no smoke without fire where he is concerned.

As said I hope it has blown over and that we will see a united squad get us out of this hole we have found ourselves in. All good and I'm breezy !!

44 minutes ago, MattRSp95 said:

Get a sport psyc in to work with emotional control and aggression? 

Not sure we need to go to the trouble of bringing in an expensive sports psychologist to drive passion and desire to win out of our players.

Our existing coaching team seem to have been doing this perfectly adequately as it is....

4 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

Why do people make these sweeping statements about players having no idea about their attitude and feelings towards the club.Perhaps the reason he's fed up is because he knows he hasn't performed as he did last year.

As for saying players with less ability than LT then take your choice,we've got loads.

Why do you assume that I know nothing about Tomlin's attitude? 

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Tomlin was played in the same position for us last season, didn't seem to be an issue then.

He has also played as the no.10 numerous times this season, and was far from effective an many of them

9 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Irrespective of any discussions that may or may not have taken place, I don't think last night was a situation that suited putting him in the team.

He's a luxury player who can provide a bit of magic and conjure a goal out of nothing. If our problem was a lack of goals but the defence was solid then we'd need him in the team but it's not. It's the exact opposite. We were 2-0 up against Reading and 2-1 v Cardiff. A mercurial genius who doesn't always put a shift in defensively is hardly likely to fix the situation there (arguably a 3rd goal in both situations might have killed the game, but a solid defence is a better insurance than relying on scoring again).

When this horrible run is behind us and confidence is back in the team, and when the new players are fully settled in, then there will be reasons to select him again. In any game where we need to score and aren't creating chances there will be a reason to select him. Or if he changes his game to better suit the current situation there will be a reason to select him.

Until one of those things happens I think his opportunities will be limited.

Top post Dan spot on.

8 hours ago, Full nelson said:

I hope the team backed LJ when LT was out of order towards Lee. This is where an enforcer comes into play! I.e. A Tony Adams sort of guy who didn't give two F's about pulling certain players back down to planet earth. 

Football doesn't seem to have the Tony Adams , Stuart Pearce type .characters anymore although i'm sure Wilbs would be that sort if needed. A lot of youngsters coming through academy's seem to lack the hunger  or are too pampered these days

5 hours ago, RedM said:

To be fair RedM , i do agree but there ain't many players who do care about the club they play for. It's a job for them that's it . They've got about 12 years to make as much money as possible.

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

yes too right its not just Tomlin the dwarf has fallen out with o neil patterson  two name two

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

To be fair RedM , i do agree but there ain't many players who do care about the club they play for. It's a job for them that's it . They've got about 12 years to make as much money as possible.

I can't believe you would really want this to happen, many clubs have thrived by accepting that mavericks don't always have the desired personality - it's part of what makes them unique. I'm always disappointed to see LT on the bench, because in the albeit few rare moments each game you know he can probably make a special impact and change a game. How many of us were honestly wishing he were on the pitch when we wasted that free kick in the first half against Cardiff? We have to find a way to use his talents, whether he tracks back or kisses LJ at the end of each game or not. I think he's really that good - we can't let him move on and succeed somewhere else without trying.

Archived