IGNORED

The Fall out...

spudski

9 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

For his cognitive faculties to work, Tomlin's amygdala needs to control - keep a lid on - his stress response and therefore his emotional state. Tomlin is emotionally weak, his fight/flight response is way too sensitive and ready to fire. Authority figures - bosses, referees - set him off certainly. Therapy could help this lad

You're using technical terms here JD. 

The majority of otib users won't know what you're on about. Most won't know what the amygdala is let alone the  function of the limbic system. 

Keep it in simple English.....

• Admin
1 minute ago, Robbored said:

The majority of otib users won't know what you're on about. Most won't know what the amygdala is let alone the  function of the limbic system. 

You'll be on about temperal lobes next 

14 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I can't believe you would really want this to happen, many clubs have thrived by accepting that mavericks don't always have the desired personality - it's part of what makes them unique. I'm always disappointed to see LT on the bench, because in the albeit few rare moments each game you know he can probably make a special impact and change a game. How many of us were honestly wishing he were on the pitch when we wasted that free kick in the first half against Cardiff? We have to find a way to use his talents, whether he tracks back or kisses LJ at the end of each game or not. I think he's really that good - we can't let him move on and succeed somewhere else without trying.

Iv'e posted on other threads how much i love Tomlin as a player and player's like him. They are the kind of player that gets you off your seat and of course i'd like to see him in the team. I do think though he is a bit of a fair weather player , when we are doing well or like last season when he was on loan , had nothing to lose and came with a purpose of being top dog, he's a match winner . He doesn't seem the same player when we are struggling and need to scrap for points and think he can be a liability defensively at the moment but i'm sure he'll come back into the side and we all want a fit and firing Tomlin in the team. What i meant in my previous post was about players not caring about the clubs they play for in general, obviously there are exceptions but to most it's just a job  

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was talking cobblers old chap, and merely looking to show off, whilst quietly hoping that no one reading actually knows anything or what they're talking about when it comes to the amygdala, the limp biscuit system and the brain in general.

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Your Hypothalamus playing up again?

7 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Everyone writing off Tomlin as a 'luxury' player that we don't need now, seems to be forgetting that we were in a slightly worse position last season when Lee Tomlin joined us, and his assists and goals were a large part of why we didn't get relegated.

For me the problem is LJ playing him (and numerous others) out of position, no wonder Tomlin has got frustrated. Played as a number ten behind the front man or front pair, he has to be one of the best in this division. Ask him to play left midfield and track back to protect left back and you are clearly inviting problems. 

If LJ has fallen out with LT, then for the good of the team LJ needs to get over his little-man syndrome and manage the situation like he is paid to do!

I suspect LT is the one with the little man syndrome.

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Tomlin said LJ was a farty pants and LJ called Tomlin a fat stinker so they're not talking to each other.

Something like that.

I heard Tomlin indicated to LJ that DC was a better manager and LJ retorted that Tomlin wouldn't make the gas first team.

A fall out would be understandable in this case, anything else is just a storm in a tea cup.

14 hours ago, RedM said:

But he is blessed with undoubted football ability. He knows he could be bombed out here and someone else will snap him up, only for history to repeat itself. I'm increasingly of the opinion that whilst I appreciate his talent he couldn't give a toss about Bristol City Football Club. I personally would rather a player with less ability and more commitment and professionalism play for us.

All sounds great, the problem you have is the player you have just described is Mark   Little - great guy but won't win you a football match in this division 

9 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

yes too right its not just Tomlin the dwarf has fallen out with o neil patterson  two name two

Really?

didnt look like that on Tuesday night when Patterson and O'Neil both embraced LJ at the end of the game. Perhaps they have sorted their differences?

57 minutes ago, Rob k said:

All sounds great, the problem you have is the player you have just described is Mark   Little - great guy but won't win you a football match in this division 

I'm so sorry I cannot say more but when you put Mark Little into the 'committed and professional' mix he doesn't come out anywhere near top, infact he sinks like a stone. But you have one right, he does fit the less talented criteria. 

I must add that he hasn't done anything hugely wrong, but Little looks after himself above anything else, and it's noticeable.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm so sorry I cannot say more but when you put Mark Little into the 'committed and professional' mix he doesn't come out anywhere near top, infact he sinks like a stone. But you have one right, he does fit the less talented criteria. 

I must add that he hasn't done anything hugely wrong, but Little looks after himself above anything else, and it's noticeable.

Any chance of a bit of substance behind that statement please RedM?

10 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

Any chance of a bit of substance behind that statement please RedM?

No, like I said I'm sorry I can't elaborate, you'll just have to trust me on this, or not I don't care. But I'm not in a habit of stating rubbish (when I'm being serious on here, which I am now). I'm sure many players have attitudes ranging from fantastic to poor regarding the club, he's just one I've have experience of and doesn't cover himself with glory. It just made me cringe when someone used him as an example, that's all.

Archived