IGNORED

Andy Stockhausen made redundant.

Lympsham Red

57 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I hope nobody taking the mickey out of him ever finds themselves out of a job. :facepalm:

I think tho he was very fortunate to keep his job after his conviction (someone in the office must have really hated him to print that story) many of us would lose our jobs for any conviction let alone a drink driving one. 

His defence was he was only moving the car, says to me he failed to take any responsibility for his actions that night. 

47 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I thought he was pretty poor to be honest and I didn't like the chap from back when (I'm 90% certain) he used to troll City fans on the old 606 message boards, but anyone being made redundant against their wishes always has my sympathy

Hope you get another gig asap Mr S

Completely agree. He should get away from Journalism.

Haha, what the **** has happened in here?! 

Anyway, I echo the sentiments of others (the ones on topic). Unlike others on here, I've never had a problem with Stockhausen's writing, and I think it's extremely important that the club has someone on the outside that is both employed and willing to write about the club. Whether you like the guy or not, that was him, and in losing Stockhausen we've lost a huge output for the club.

Would be good if Andy could continue to cover the team on a freelance basis. Maybe upload articles to a blog site or something.

Not sure that the club would give him the same access as he got with the Post though.

But it would be interesting to see how he operates without the pressure of pulling in clicks by sensationalising every little story..

Let's face it, the Post has been going down hill for years and in my eyes Stockhausen was never a "must read" in the way that his distinguished predecessors had been. Richard Latham and Peter Godsiff appeared to know the club and its fan base inside out and any opinion they gave was worth noting. However, the days of local journalists having opinions seem long past...it's more a case now of "is there anything you'd like to share with us Mr Johnson/ Ashton/Lansdown?"

All the more reason for there to continue to be robust debate on OTIB, which is where, thanks to some well informed and some highly opinionated posters, much of the most interesting and challenging comment on City has been found in recent years.

Sorry for Andy Stockhausen though. Been there myself...

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Being an old fart, how would he generate income from this ?

There are a number of freelance journos out there. Not ever having worked in the world of media I can only assume that they earn income from selling articles to newspapers. I think Richard Latham does that kind of thing.

If Stockhausen doesn't have other skills to utlise I can't see him having many options. 

Not a great situation for anyone.

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Being an old fart, how would he generate income from this ?

He probably wouldn't generate enough to live on, but if enough City fans visit his site regularly he could follow the Post's model and sell advertising around the page. Just hopefully nothing like the pop-ups and video ads that the Post spew out.

9 minutes ago, WestfieldRed said:

He probably wouldn't generate enough to live on, but if enough City fans visit his site regularly he could follow the Post's model and sell advertising around the page. Just hopefully nothing like the pop-ups and video ads that the Post spew out.

Yes, the Post is second to none for that kind of shite

Good luck Andy, I was always impressed by your regularly managing to file new stories each day and make them readable and interesting.

For the rest of the thread including the wish for assassination I suggest a deletion; that wasn't a good comment however throwaway and however well it might go down in a public sector workplace.

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There are a number of freelance journos out there. Not ever having worked in the world of media I can only assume that they earn income from selling articles to newspapers. I think Richard Latham does that kind of thing.

I agree about the Freelance bit because I do the same in the industry I work in, but how will be benefit from a blog apart from keeping his name in peoples faces

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I agree about the Freelance bit because I do the same in the industry I work in, but how will be benefit from a blog apart from keeping his name in peoples faces

He could stop chatting rubbish about non-stories just to fill column inches and post articles from an independent position which spark the kind of debate and conversation that this site generates every day.

Having said that it's unlikely that any blog or website he contributes to could eclipse this one in terms of fan engagement.

7 minutes ago, WestfieldRed said:

He could stop chatting rubbish about non-stories just to fill column inches and post articles from an independent position which spark the kind of debate and conversation that this site generates every day.

Having said that it's unlikely that any blog or website he contributes to could eclipse this one in terms of fan engagement.

I agree it will set him free of the restraints he was under at the EP.

He'd have had a field day reporting today with how this thread has evolved - Bristol headline....

'OTIB Trumped at Sockhausen Redundancy'

I feel really sorry for the bloke. Not nice for anyone to have to go through at all and despite views about his articles, I wish him well for the future. Part of the enjoyment is the banter at the articles. What now?

I follow him on Twitter. Find some of his stuff a bit silly at times, especially some of the Bailey Wright stuff that he "twisted"(according to BW himself), but wouldn't wish his situation on anybody.

I follow a lot of opposing clubs journos and papers and etc. And the Bristol Post seems shit to be honest. All clickbaity nonsense. Maybe that clickbait style was imposed on him?

2 hours ago, Super said:

Completely agree. He should get away from Journalism.

Why ?  Do you read the National papers ?  Some of the shite they publish is just unbelievable day in day out. I think he is Ok and will get work without too many hassles.

The almost universal outpouring of empathy for a man who has lost his job v 2:15pm Saturday 14 January when only the sacking of another man would appease a significant number of people - some of whom express their best wishes for Stockhausen.

Stockhausen who, let us not forget, has had spells of being utterly divisive and derogatory about Bristol City if you wind the clock back far enough.

:bored:

30 minutes ago, reddoh said:

many years ago i was driving from Thornbury to Patchway I was doing sixty(you could back then) I had a big lorry right behind me and on the left hand side pavement was a chicken it looked left it looked right  and then it looked left again I am thinking f me a chicken that knows the green cross code, then it ran out in front of me and got killed, when I got home its beak had put a dent in my front spoiler and my engine was covered in oily feathers.

so too answer your post chickens do cross (or try) the road

Years ago I lived on Badminton Road, Frampton Cotterell.  We kept chickens, and we had a vicious rooster.  He used to attack my kids.  He also crowed about 4 am every morning.  One Sunday morning, about 2 am, he flew out onto the main road.  I tried to catch him and bring him back.... then I saw distant headlights coming towards me.  So I backed off and let the car smash into him.  A huge spray of feathers, and it was all over.  Sorted.  That wasn't you, was it?

1 minute ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Years ago I lived on Badminton Road, Frampton Cotterell.  We kept chickens, and we had a vicious rooster.  He used to attack my kids.  He also crowed about 4 am every morning.  One Sunday morning, about 2 am, he flew out onto the main road.  I tried to catch him and bring him back.... then I saw distant headlights coming towards me.  So I backed off and let the car smash into him.  A huge spray of feathers, and it was all over.  Sorted.  That wasn't you, was it?

No sorry, mine was late afternoon/early evening

Archived