IGNORED

Andy Stockhausen made redundant.

Lympsham Red

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Can we like shut up about Donald 'cockwomble dayglo' Trump?

We all know how his presidency will end. Probably behind iron bars. He won't get assassinated because to get within 100 feet of the POTUS, you have to be defleaed, vaccinated, branded with a cow iron, swear your allegiance to the maker of the Stetson, suck a few todgers and say nothing else except "Yes Mr President".

OK. So move on.

....at least give him 'three windows' ffs :) 

14 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think whilst the comment itself was innocuous - on a bit of a tangent; it's become strange in society where it's ok to say that sort of thing about Trump (whether joking or serious), but could you imagine the uproar if people routinely said that sort of thing if it was Clinton becoming president? 

I'm sure you'd get more assassination threats if Clinton had won. Don't forget, Trump has all the gun nuts on his side.

Anyway, can people stop taking Dolly's joke so seriously and move on.

It shows the contempt the Post's owners hold Bristol in, when they get rid of dedicated club correspondents.

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I can't help but think that this comes quite conveniently soon after he 'twisted' an interview with Bailey Wright to the point that BW was having to defend himself on twitter. Don't think the Post, Wright and most importantly the club would have appreciated that at all.

Sorry, not being a "tweet" I missed all this.....what happened ?

Just now, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, not being a "tweet" I missed all this.....what happened ?

The picture on the PNE account is Stockhausen's article where he claimed BW said we would fulfil his promotion aspirations better or something like that, when BW didn't say this at all. Annoying a new signing as he's just arrived with a twisted interview is inevitably going to infuriate a lot of people at the club.

3 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

The picture on the PNE account is Stockhausen's article where he claimed BW said we would fulfil his promotion aspirations better or something like that, when BW didn't say this at all. Annoying a new signing as he's just arrived with a twisted interview is inevitably going to infuriate a lot of people at the club.

Ok, cheers. Not surprising then, he got the bullet !

18 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

He's been lucky to have held the job for that long (I'm not talking about his incompetence). 

Don't know if they still have that lad who copies and pastes Twitter all day but that's what passes as journalism these days.

was he the monkey who ran that shocking , google translated article about Engvall? (strangely was pulled)

1 hour ago, Newquay-Red said:

Made redundant or sacked it's fully deserved. He's a joke.

1 hour ago, Newquay-Red said:

I can't help but think that this comes quite conveniently soon after he 'twisted' an interview with Bailey Wright to the point that BW was having to defend himself on twitter. Don't think the Post, Wright and most importantly the club would have appreciated that at all.

Sounds a bit of a conspiracy theory to me.

Trinity Mirror are laying people off all over the shop. 

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/trinity-mirror-to-make-77-regional-newspaper-staff-redundant-while-creating-new-digital-roles/

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2017/news/more-than-70-believed-at-risk-in-trinity-mirror-restructure/

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2017/01/19/trinity-mirror-slashes-78-editorial-jobs-regional-titles-it-refocuses-digital-and

Its not nice to see anyone losing their job, and of course Andy Stockhausen is included in that sentiment....

Could be worse though .... spare a thought for Obama, how humiliating must that have been when Donald Trump pointed  his finger rudely at him and declared  '' You're Fired!! " .... unbelievable Jeff.

Well, I had no time for him and also thought he was pretty shoddy at his job to be honest so I'm not going to be all hypocritical about it now.

However there seems no logic in that paper getting rid of him but then keeping someone on to report on a much less well supported club who also play at a lower level, so presumably they will either replace him or get the bloke who covers the other mob to report on us?

36 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

However there seems no logic in that paper getting rid of him but then keeping someone on to report on a much less well supported club who also play at a lower level, so presumably they will either replace him or get the bloke who covers the other mob to report on us?

He's going too.

5 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Playing devils advocate, who knows what conversation took place, unless recorded.

3 things:

1.) Always sympathize with anyone who loses their job, so commiserations.

2.) Actually laughing at all the lovely comments people are posting about the bloke now he's sacked. Usually OTIB is a hot bed of hate for the guy, and quite vicious personal insults too.

3.) All these comments about him being a 'lovely guy'. Drink driver: guilty. Anyone who gets behind the wheel drunk in my opinion is a selfish pr***. Speaking as someone who knows people who've lost loved ones due to idiot drink drivers.

Archived