IGNORED

Steve Lansdown on RB - Club Statement (Merged)

One Team

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

First caller talked about how Wright has 'risen to the plate'. 

Johnson says that all successful managers have gone through this sort of spell - no they haven't.

Johnson sounded less confident than normal.

edit: Freeman has 'risen to the plate' as well

They'll be saying that about you in the 2020 toy awards...

"2019 was a year that really saw RedDave rising to the plate."

youll make it one day mate. Chin up. 

Fans panel this evening folks, only know that as I'm on it. Not sure of the other two guests. Haven't been on since September time so looking forward to it, should be a fiesty one! 

(Sadly my blog died before it had really begun due to a number of different circumstances but still got my account on here as enjoy reading...never a dull moment! Sam)

7 minutes ago, The BristolCity Blog said:

Fans panel this evening folks, only know that as I'm on it. Not sure of the other two guests. Haven't been on since September time so looking forward to it, should be a fiesty one! 

(Sadly my blog died before it had really begun due to a number of different circumstances but still got my account on here as enjoy reading...never a dull moment! Sam)

Look forward to listening, I recall you were good last time.  Tempted to phone in myself tho guessing there may not be time if there's a panel.

Cruel but true questions for tonight's panel.

With the 'Project' in mind, is Lee Johnson the right man to take City backwards?

If Sean Dyche can tame Joey Barton, why does Lee Johnson appear to be losing the respect and mercurial talent of Lee Tomlin?

If Lee Johnson stays in the Bristol City hot seat in time for the Sheffield Wednesday game, what, apart from magic dust can he use to conjure up a home win?

Following 8 successive League defeats, an unwanted club record, does Lee Johnson have any 'alternative facts' that make City's current plight seem far rosier than the descent to hell it actually is?

13 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Cruel but true questions for tonight's panel.

With the 'Project' in mind, is Lee Johnson the right man to take City backwards?

If Sean Dyche can tame Joey Barton, why does Lee Johnson appear to be losing the respect and mercurial talent of Lee Tomlin?

If Lee Johnson stays in the Bristol City hot seat in time for the Sheffield Wednesday game, what, apart from magic dust can he use to conjure up a home win?

Following 8 successive League defeats, an unwanted club record, does Lee Johnson have any 'alternative facts' that make City's current plight seem far rosier than the descent to hell it actually is?

Yes he says we are not in the bottom three and is convinced we won't be ......dreamer!

Just so that it doesn't get lost in other threads. Our illustrious leader will be on the above media outlets shortly...

It has appeared on the OS...

City's majority shareholder Steve Lansdown has issued the following statement.

I hate losing football matches and, like every City fan, take no pleasure in having lost the last eight league games.

There is no point in feeling sorry for ourselves. What we need to do is pull together, be stronger and work harder. That is what I intend to do and I expect everyone associated with the club to do the same.

Look at the progress we have made:

Our infrastructure is so much better now, as illustrated by our recent recruitment and the clear pathway we have established for our Academy players to follow and force their way into the first team.

We have a good squad, which we will continue to look to invest in, with the ability to entertain us and climb up the league.

The stadium speaks for itself with improved facilities and atmosphere, but we continue with our work to develop the training ground and Academy facilities.

I have no intention of seeing this wasted.

Every supporter and their opinion is valuable and respected. It is understandable that you are unhappy at the moment and frustrated by recent events.

What I would ask you to do is channel that frustration into raucous support of the club, its management and players in order to turn things around.

Steve
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/statement-from-steve-lansdown-3534836.aspx#GGKgemvzzfyByvRH.99

Archived