IGNORED

Steve Lansdown on RB - Club Statement (Merged)

One Team

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

What a ******* joke of a club we are. Genuinely think Lansdown has taken us as far as he can, he isnt the man to take us foward IMO.

You want to try and find someone else who would invest as much in the club as he has out of their own money, I'm sure there will be a long line....

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

This.

At no point does SL come and state 'LJ has my support'. This was a chance to boost his confidence and SL hasn't done it.

Smacks of something else going on. The conspiracy deepens!

As for the statement, thanks SL for at last speaking out. Even if we are still scratching our heads.

Agree. Sounds like a holding statement...I have to say something, anything, so I'll make a statement without saying anything at all.

3 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

He is going to get roasted later after that.  

"What I would ask you to do is channel that frustration into raucous support of the club, its management and players in order to turn things around."

A sell out for Cardiff, 950+ to Nottingham Forrest or so was it? LJ barely made any connection with the fans after each game. Two woeful performances. 8 losses in a row how the fu** are we meant to support that? Performances / results  how been bad since OCTOBER 29th when are we going to turn it around?!

I was at Fleetwood, LJ made a connection there, happy to come over to the fans that day..... wonder why. Brace isn't he our Lee? Won't front up to fans unless he's winning, blames the players when losing. 

Now..... can anyone think of a previous City manager who was like that when the going wasn't good??? 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

You want to try and find someone else who would invest as much in the club as he has out of their own money, I'm sure there will be a long line....

Money quite often wasted

10 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

We are right back where we were 50yrs ago amazing progress, apart from less people in the ground making less noise :facepalm:

Yes about the noise, but we're not are we? Off the pitch- I think we have made progress and good progress- off the pitch...

The other part is somewhat of a deja vu though...

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

Glad to see the mention of the academy. Come on lads it's working a dream in the hands of our visionary manager.... just ask Joe Bryan (ruined) Bobby Reid (missing) Wes Burns (replaced at great cost by Wes Burns Light(weight) O'Dowda) 

Waste of time. 

I'd suggest we'd be better off with Lansdown getting shot of the club now but presumably that can never happen as the ground is no longer owned by the club..... what is there to buy? (Unless you also want the job lot of an ailing rugby club, netball, badminton, speed skating, synchronised swimming, extreme ironing team and iffy sportswear manufacturing business). 

very grateful for what sl spent on our club but he has got us by the short and curlies , his way or no way.

Raucous support - I spend hundreds every other week for me and my wife to watch the city. After Forest I'm afraid to say I'm done until something changes. 

If LJ stays he has my support but whilst we continue to juggle starting X1's, play people out of position and ignore the urgency for a RB and some width then I can't justify wasting my hard earned money on awful performances. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Ali Durden saying LJ has SL's full support and the support of 'the majority of fans' :facepalm:

Loose to Sheffield Wednesday and lets see that majority 

17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

"What I would ask you to do is channel that frustration into raucous support of the club, its management and players in order to turn things around".

Sorry Steve I think you will find that has been happening for the past 4 months and it hasn't made a jot of difference.

Exactly, exactly. We all support the club,  the team and the manager and when the tough times happen you pull together and try and get through it best as you can but now it's gone far past that point. Imagine Hitler in his bunker in 1945, everyone else can see it's over but him. 

Weirdest OTIB analogy ever. 

It all boils down to the Rotherham game in my opinion………i lean towards defeats by Burnley and Sheff Wed (Shock Horror!!, so Rotherham home becomes his Sword of Damocles, lose and surely he's gone, a draw or (No surely it cannot be??) a victory and  Bag Ends second most famous resident remains employed!?

Archived