IGNORED

Steve Lansdown on RB - Club Statement (Merged)

One Team

SL's statement clearly illustrates the problem he poses for the club

One statement alone shows the level of his delusion, 'Look at the progress we have made'.  Sadly after decades precisely none.

He also refers to the atmosphere generated by the new ground ! This goes against everything reported on otib.

He asks us all to pull together without acknowledging the shambles of appointments of managers/ head coaches and the strong criticism of our silent Board and its composition and powers.  He fails to address the underlying problems of the club.  He has now firmly put himself at the front of the firing line

I truly despair.

What has happened to my Bristol City? Poor old Harry Dolman must be turning in his grave

Third Division then again next year.  Perhaps interviewer on Radio Bristol could ask him what LJ has to do to get the bullet

Just now, Wilco said:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/statement-from-steve-lansdown-3534836.aspx

What I would ask you to do is channel that frustration into raucous support of the club, its management and players in order to turn things around. 
:facepalm:

Management, not Manager or head coach. Also as I said in the other thread "I have no intention of seeing this wasted.

Read - LJ on his Final Warning.

I ******* despair.

Completely avoiding commenting on the manager and feeding us some myth about there being a pathway to the first team now for academy players! How many times have any academy players besides Reid and Bryan (who were brought through years ago anyway) been in the squad this season? 

Fuming.

Right he's given a statement like the majority asked for. Its pretty clear LJ is our manager and will continue to be our manager. People need to accept SL decision. You may not be happy with it but he's the owner and makes all the decisions.

What we need to do now as a fanbase is put any feelings against LJ aside and give the support SL is asking for. All this shit needs to stop now. We need to get behind the team and the management 100%

Forget about wasting energies on bloody banners etc and put it into supporting this club in a positive way.

Just now, nellie said:

oh well i guess we have a chance of winning league 1 again 

Unfortunately if we go down, I don't think that would be the case.

The squad would virtually be ripped up and started again. We / the club would never recover in time to rebuild and go up in one summer and one January window.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

SL's statement clearly illustrates the problem he poses for the club

One statement alone shows the level of his delusion, 'Look at the progress we have made'.  Sadly after decades precisely none.

He also refers to the atmosphere generated by the new ground ! This goes against everything reported on otib.

He asks us all to pull together without acknowledging the shambles of appointments of managers/ head coaches and the strong criticism of our silent Board and its composition and powers.  He fails to address the underlying problems of the club.  He has now firmly put himself at the front of the firing line

I truly despair.

What has happened to my Bristol City? Poor old Harry Dilman must be turning in his grave

Third Division then again next year.  Perhaps interviewer on Radio Bristol could ask him what LJ has to do to get the bullet

We are right back where we were 50yrs ago amazing progress, apart from less people in the ground making less noise :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Right he's given a statement like the majority asked for. Its pretty clear LJ is our manager and will continue to be our manager. People need to accept SL decision. You may not be happy with it but he's the owner and makes all the decisions.

What we need to do now as a fanbase is put any feelings against LJ aside and give the support SL is asking for. All this shit needs to stop now. We need to get behind the team and the management 100%

Forget about wasting energies on bloody banners etc and put it into supporting this club in a positive way.

ok i will put my head in the sand, everythings going to be great coyr.

Our infrastructure is so much better now, as illustrated by our recent recruitment and the clear pathway we have established for our Academy players to follow and force their way into the first team. 
Yet our coaching setup seems somewhat far fetched to me. We have an inexperienced coach in Jamie McAllister in charge of our Under 23 squad. While apparently Holden is in charge of coaching our attackers. He was a defender in his playing days.

We have a good squad, which we will continue to look to invest in, with the ability to entertain us and climb up the league. 

Who do not seem to play for the head coach.

The stadium speaks for itself with improved facilities and atmosphere, but we continue with our work to develop the training ground and Academy facilities. 

Which we could be playing in League 1 next season at the moment.

I have no intention of seeing this wasted.

Interesting... Would of liked him to be more specific with that statement.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Well said! :clapping:

15 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

"What I would ask you to do is channel that frustration into raucous support of the club, its management and players in order to turn things around".

Sorry Steve I think you will find that has been happening for the past 4 months and it hasn't made a jot of difference.

Raucous? Has it? nI terms of atmosphere particularly at home its been awful

He is going to get roasted later after that.  

"What I would ask you to do is channel that frustration into raucous support of the club, its management and players in order to turn things around."

A sell out for Cardiff, 950+ to Nottingham Forrest or so was it? LJ barely made any connection with the fans after each game. Two woeful performances. 8 losses in a row how the fu** are we meant to support that? Performances / results  how been bad since OCTOBER 29th when are we going to turn it around?!

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

At no point does that statement say he is backing the manager.

16 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Doesnt sound like the vote of confidence to me....on official site.

This.

At no point does SL come and state 'LJ has my support'. This was a chance to boost his confidence and SL hasn't done it.

Smacks of something else going on. The conspiracy deepens!

As for the statement, thanks SL for at last speaking out. Even if we are still scratching our heads.

1 minute ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

He is going to get roasted later after that.  

"What I would ask you to do is channel that frustration into raucous support of the club, its management and players in order to turn things around."

A sell out for Cardiff, 950+ to Nottingham Forrest or so was it? LJ barely made any connection with the fans after each game. Two woeful performances. 8 losses in a row how the fu** are we meant to support that? Performances / results  how been bad since OCTOBER 29th when are we going to turn it around?!

I'm afraid his battle cry, will not work this time, heard it all before

Glad to see the mention of the academy. Come on lads it's working a dream in the hands of our visionary manager.... just ask Joe Bryan (ruined) Bobby Reid (missing) Wes Burns (replaced at great cost by Wes Burns Light(weight) O'Dowda) 

Waste of time. 

I'd suggest we'd be better off with Lansdown getting shot of the club now but presumably that can never happen as the ground is no longer owned by the club..... what is there to buy? (Unless you also want the job lot of an ailing rugby club, netball, badminton, speed skating, synchronised swimming, extreme ironing team and iffy sportswear manufacturing business). 

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

This.

At no point does SL come and state 'LJ has my support'. This was a chance to boost his confidence and SL hasn't done it.

Smacks of something else going on. The conspiracy deepens!

As for the statement, thanks SL for at last speaking out. Even if we are still scratching our heads.

Or in my case my Nads!

Archived