IGNORED

Steve Lansdown on RB - Club Statement (Merged)

One Team

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

The exercise will require a great deal of thought and effort by a number of people.

Clearly not an issue that can be discussed seriously on a forum where feelings are boiling over.

Do I believe it can be done? Most certainly I do

Put your money where your mouth is, I bet it doesn't even get past the planning stages

Just listened to SL on the radio.  He's between a rock and a hard place.  Clearly he knows the current form isn't good enough and if it continues Johnson must go.  But he didn't want to be so blunt.

I agree with others that the Rotherham game is probably the do-or-die moment.

I do take issue with all the fans on here who are convinced that "the fans" want Johnson out.

Perhaps, just perhaps, most of us are, as one of the radio chaps said, sick of the sacking culture in football.  I don't think anyone can definitely say what City fans want.  I look at the crowd at AG and see frustrated, and disappointed, people but not a crowd of pitchfork waving mob like OTIB.

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Sorry but whether you like it or not the fact is this club bent over backwards to bring him in, pay him a hefty wage and you expect him to perform and he hasn't... . So LJ criticises Tomlin, people beat LJ with a large stick, Lansdown says what he says, he's criticised. So does this mean LT is untouchable and is exempt from any criticism? 

I've been a critic of SL in the past but I agree with him on this count

Nope.

I said LJ's criticism of LT was entirely fair before; he's the manager, and his job is to look out and organise the playing side of things.

Entirely different proposition when you're self-claimed "hands off" majority shareholder digs into a player - completely different scenario, and not one I'm comfortable with.

I have incredible respect for Mr Lansdown, and believe he wants what is best for the club.  But let LJ and Ashton manager and look after the playing side; otherwise it muddies the water.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Just listened to SL on ITV news, was put on the spot, but is defending LJ to the hilt - we are doomed.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2017-01-23/steve-lansdown-backs-under-fire-bristol-city-manager-lee-johnson/

We have to go to the Shef.Weds game, 'Johnson out' banners in hands, back the team before & during the game, but if it ends winless then let SL know his statement that the 'majority of fans back LJ' is bull.

Just now, old_eastender said:

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2017-01-23/steve-lansdown-backs-under-fire-bristol-city-manager-lee-johnson/

We have to go to the Shef.Weds game, 'Johnson out' banners in hands, back the team before & during the game, but if it ends winless then let SL know his statement that the 'majority of fans back LJ' is bull.

Have the statement 'The majority of fans are backing him' with the poll result below 

IMG_8825.PNG

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Does anyone think Lansdown is up to leading this club anymore? As others have said how amateurish to mention Lee Tomlin like that.. I think SL has lost the plot personally.

Lansdown isn't the first owner to speak out about tomlin, maybe the rumour of players complaining to lansdown has something it and he is airing it,

13 minutes ago, samo II said:

Nope.

I said LJ's criticism of LT was entirely fair before; he's the manager, and his job is to look out and organise the playing side of things.

Entirely different proposition when you're self-claimed "hands off" majority shareholder digs into a player - completely different scenario, and not one I'm comfortable with.

I have incredible respect for Mr Lansdown, and believe he wants what is best for the club.  But let LJ and Ashton manager and look after the playing side; otherwise it muddies the water.

In all fairness that comment was aimed at others, I tend to agree with alot you say anyway...

Maybe SL was ****** off with that flag stunt yesterday, that truly was pathetic. Like a poster said, it was counterproductive and will only enforce his resolve over Johnson more

Very clever statement in not naming LJ, that to me feels he's had his first and final warning. 

As much as there's a groundswell of opinion Lee is fired (of which I'm very much now in that camp) SL isn't going to play along with that...yet

It also reaffirms for me that MA would have fired Lee by now and SL has gone and played the boss card by stating the record his position  

I do feel for SL in the sense that he's not exactly media friendly or comfortable with the public relations needed as a modern football club owner...he has come out and let his position be known so whatever he would have said he would be castigated both ways. 

I couldn't think it could get worse but congratulation SL, you've made it worse. 

To sit there and say "LJ has the support of the vast majority of fans" after 90% voted him to be sacked, and there were 3x Johnson Out banners by the ground. 

To say our best player, and one of the best players in the league, is "off the boil" moments after saying "I'm not heavily involved on match day anymore" - hilarious. If I was Tomlin I'd be writing a transfer request right now. He could do 10x better than a club that's just surpassed 8 successive losses in a league he was voted player of the season in 2 years ago.

Does he really think "our relegation battle may go to the wire" after signing 2 players from the Bundesliga, as well as having Gary O'Neil, a player who's been promoted from this league about 6 times, Tomlin (see above), and Tammy Abraham is a good place to be in?!!

He has just lost all of my respect after that. LJ came in saying he felt 'guilty' for not getting the club to the Prem. God only knows how he feels now after turning the fans against him and the board, led us to our record defeats, and become the first manager in recent history to ever have banners for him to be sacked dotted around the city. 

Archived