IGNORED

Steve Lansdown on RB - Club Statement (Merged)

One Team

32 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I was at Fleetwood, LJ made a connection there, happy to come over to the fans that day..... wonder why. Brace isn't he our Lee? Won't front up to fans unless he's winning, blames the players when losing. 

Now..... can anyone think of a previous City manager who was like that when the going wasn't good??? 

Could it be a person LJ is probably taking advice from, someone whose own team are possibly going to get relegated as well !!!

Just now, Charliesboots said:

Very clever statement in not naming LJ, that to me feels he's had his first and final warning. 

As much as there's a groundswell of opinion Lee is fired (of which I'm very much now in that camp) SL isn't going to play along with that...yet

It also reaffirms for me that MA would have fired Lee by now and SL has gone and played the boss card by stating the record his position  

I do feel for SL in the sense that he's not exactly media friendly or comfortable with the public relations needed as a modern football club owner...he has come out and let his position be known so whatever he would have said he would be castigated both ways. 

Yeah I agree, for all the comments on here I personally felt it was an endorsement of LJ... but an extremely lukewarm one.

His job is "as it can be at this time" - well this time is after our record losses, that doesn't sound particularily positive to me at all. If people were expecting him to come out and slag LJ off then that's just not going to happen.

Some of the comments on here are cringe. We are doomed. Darkest day in the clubs history. It's a relegation fight not the club going under. Worst that can happen is L1 next season. From what I read on here and about the club, this is the norm. Why expect something different? By all means voice your displeasure with the manager or even owner but the club isn't doomed and this isn't a dark day in the clubs history. It's 50/50. He'll either pull us out or get us relegated and that's it. 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I couldn't think it could get worse but congratulation SL, you've made it worse. 

To sit there and say "LJ has the support of the vast majority of fans" after 90% voted him to be sacked, and there were 3x Johnson Out banners by the ground. 

To say our best player, and one of the best players in the league, is "off the boil" moments after saying "I'm not heavily involved on match day anymore" - hilarious. If I was Tomlin I'd be writing a transfer request right now. He could do 10x better than a club that's just surpassed 8 successive losses in a league he was voted player of the season in 2 years ago.

Does he really think "our relegation battle may go to the wire" after signing 2 players from the Bundesliga, as well as having Gary O'Neil, a player who's been promoted from this league about 6 times, Tomlin (see above), and Tammy Abraham is a good place to be in?!!

He has just lost all of my respect after that. LJ came in saying he felt 'guilty' for not getting the club to the Prem. God only knows how he feels now after turning the fans against him and the board, led us to our record defeats, and become the first manager in recent history to ever have banners for him to be sacked dotted around the city. 

Most of your post is just nonsense.  I'm not involved in the match day but know that Tomlin is off the boil.  Where is the poll showing 90% of 20k supporters want Johnson out?

Looks like LJ has a job until the end of the season then..... you would not let him bring in players and then sack him and give a new manager no chance at all to change it.... There are no emergency loans etc this season.... What I fear is it becoming toxic .... that is a real possibility.....I dont agree that he has the support of the fans.

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

That's SL confirming we are in a relegation battle.  Frightening. 

Of course we are, just look at the form table..

Maybe, just maybe putting someone in charge of team affairs with the vaguest idea of how to get out of it might have been an option, though?

Seriously deluded, or he's lying.

1 minute ago, MarkRed! said:

Looks like LJ has a job until the end of the season then..... you would not let him bring in players and then sack him and give a new manager no chance at all to change it.... There are no emergency loans etc this season.... What I fear is it becoming toxic .... that is a real possibility.....I dont agree that he has the support of the fans.

There would be plenty of coaches willing to come in and work with our current squad until the end of the season, don't feel the transfer window will be a deal breaker.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Of course we are, just look at the form table..

Maybe, just maybe putting someone in charge of team affairs with the vaguest idea of how to get out of it might have been an option, though?

Seriously deluded, or he's lying.

I know we are.  But SL is confirming it, which is surprising.  Throughout that interview there was almost a total blindness to what's going on.  But that statement - the wire statement - was a slip up on his behalf.  

This is absolute rubbish. Either Lansdown is a terrific actor or he's burying his head in the sand. The only comfort I take from that is that his job "is as safe as it can be".

What's with the characters on the programme? "I said in 1976 we should always play with wingers". The worlds moved on, Slade aren't top of the charts any more.

After the Rotherham game his position really will be untenable? It isn't now? It wasn't weeks ago?

Bring in someone to help him? Get out of it. This is Championship football for goodness sake, if he's not up to it, he shouldn't have the job. We can't wait 5 years for him to learn his trade. That's needs to be done in the lower divisions. 

2 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I refuse to believe we should be in the position we are. From 4th to 6th to relegation zone. With the team we have this is for me mostly the poor management of Lee. 

Last time we beat Forest we were TWELVE points above a poor Cardiff- TWELVE! Now we are 6 behind- just one measure of showing how far we have plummeted.

6 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Most of your post is just nonsense.  I'm not involved in the match day but know that Tomlin is off the boil.  Where is the poll showing 90% of 20k supporters want Johnson out?

It's a poll of nearly 600. 

Find me a more evidenced rationale for suggesting that the majority of the fan base are behind him as SL stated. 

Whar a crock of shit. 

I'm not suprised by SL backing of LJ especially as there was no announcement in the morning.  I can't be bothered to be frustrated anymore,  as once again SL voted with heart rather then with his head.  

It must be tough for SL year after year sacking mangers and maybe he has less to do with the hiring for LJ.  Maybe giving more power away to Ma has made him even more annoyed that it still didn't work out and want to give up on LJ. 

I really hope we win our next two league games and we climb the league.  As this was the chance to change manger and if results don't pick up the board will look rather foolish.  

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Vote of confidence there from the man at the top in the four new signings, with his "might go to the wire" comment. We have positivity oozing from every pore and crevice, here at Bristol City 

Comical isn't it.  He could have said once the new signings gel we expect to rise up the table.  Instead we get an admission from the man who thinks everything is going swimmingly that we are in a relegation fight.  He (and posters on here) are obviously going with the there's three teams worse than us so we will be ok theory.  

17 minutes ago, bris red said:

Does anyone think Lansdown is up to leading this club anymore? As others have said how amateurish to mention Lee Tomlin like that.. I think SL has lost the plot personally.

Slexit?

:shocking:

Doesn't bear thinking about, I just wish he would open his eyes (and keep opening his wallet).

Archived