IGNORED

Steve Lansdown on RB - Club Statement (Merged)

One Team

For the benefit of anyone not listening...here's my take on that interview:

First off - fair play to Geoff...not ducking the questions...sadly SL is in denial regarding LJ..we're playing well, not seeing games out, need to get some wins under our belt...

...what does he see in LJ? - young manager, always looking for advice, will turn it around & sort it out

...we know how to turn it around! need a bit of luck and we will be alright.

Geoff asked re. timescale for improvement - didn't set one, but mentioned the next two league matches but SL denied that they are crucial.

SL says he's not hands on at all...might chat to LJ before and more usually after a game and chats on Sunday or Monday, but only to help him.

Asked re. Lee Tomlin...no real answer, LT form "gone off the boil" and up to LT to buckle down.

Asked re. pathway for home talent...is it closed? Mentioned Vyner, Kelly & Dowling along with Bryan and Reid..."work to do"

Asked re. relegation..."may go down to the wire"...

Asked re signings ...doesn't think they are chasing anyone in particular

Still feels confident that fortunes will change.

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

That looks incredibly ominous for LJ if you ask me. 

"I have no intention of seeing this wasted" doesn't exactly scream I will defend LJ to the death.

:yawn:

This is so much better than revising Ostrogothic Italian culture.

Forget the printed statement.  Listen to the radio statement.  LJ will be given another contract extension before he is sacked. 

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Well we certainly wouldn't play on a rugby pitch for a start

You haven't answered the question

where will you play? How will you pay the rent, what are the plans for expansion

considering rovers can't even find a patch of land to build on how will you?

what level will you start at?

do you have changing facilities?

if it was that easy why haven Leeds or Blackpool started new clubs teams with owners far worse then ours?

1 minute ago, samo II said:

No - but you don't go from saying you stay out of the playing side and are "hands off", then give it tight to one of your most talented players.

I'm sorry, but if he's backing LJ, he lets LJ say **** like that, be it publicly or not - he needs to be further away than that.

Sorry but whether you like it or not the fact is this club bent over backwards to bring him in, pay him a hefty wage and you expect him to perform and he hasn't... . So LJ criticises Tomlin, people beat LJ with a large stick, Lansdown says what he says, he's criticised. So does this mean LT is untouchable and is exempt from any criticism? 

I've been a critic of SL in the past but I agree with him on this count

posted this on the other thread - maybe it should be here

For the benefit of anyone not listening...here's my take on that interview:

First off - fair play to Geoff...not ducking the questions...sadly SL is in denial regarding LJ..we're playing well, not seeing games out, need to get some wins under our belt...

...what does he see in LJ? - young manager, always looking for advice, will turn it around & sort it out

...we know how to turn it around! need a bit of luck and we will be alright.

Geoff asked re. timescale for improvement - didn't set one, but mentioned the next two league matches but SL denied that they are crucial.

SL says he's not hands on at all...might chat to LJ before and more usually after a game and chats on Sunday or Monday, but only to help him.

Asked re. Lee Tomlin...no real answer, LT form "gone off the boil" and up to LT to buckle down.

Asked re. pathway for home talent...is it closed? Mentioned Vyner, Kelly & Dowling along with Bryan and Reid..."work to do"

Asked re. relegation..."may go down to the wire"...

Asked re signings ...doesn't think they are chasing anyone in particular

Still feels confident that fortunes will change.

Just now, tts_city said:

and the 20 pence stooges are LJ in, jesus wept, have i slipped into a different dimension ?

This lad giving ball by ball tactical advice is drifting into being relatively critical TBF.

Also; not a fan of the two lads there suggesting that the banner and being critical of our form/play are one and the same thing - plenty of people think LJ's time is up, but found the banners distasteful.  Not a good thing to conflate the two, in my eyes.

1 minute ago, foghornred said:

Well said Steve Lansdown agree with everything that he said, I can not see anyone mentioned doing a better job.

I'd do a better job for Christ sake, any of us would. Get your best 11 players on that pitch and get them attacking the game with some heart, nothing fancy. 

1 minute ago, P'head Red said:

"Lee Tomlin's form has gone off the boil". We need to be careful about these statements. 

Wow... Couldn't agree more.

Despite all the other sh*te he was speaking, why on earth would you not back our most talented player in public? A player who will be vital if we are to escape our current predicament and avoid relegation.

So, so amateur and I'm speechless. When would you ever hear a top Chairman calling out his best player in public? He's allowing personal favourtism and pride to cloud his judgement on so many different levels.

As many others have said, lost complete respect for SL as a result of listening to that utter bilge. 

19 minutes ago, tts_city said:

some supporters lack patience, **** me we lost 8 on the bounce!

And our coach who SL seems to prize above the fans told us he expected us to be pushing for promotion in the top half of the table, when can we expect that?.

I have to say I have lost a lot of respect for SL today, it seems to me he is sort of attacking the fans here, as if somehow all of this shit is the fans fault, I think he has lost the plot big style.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

You haven't answered the question

where will you play? How will you pay the rent, what are the plans for expansion

considering rovers can't even find a patch of land to build on how will you?

what level will you start at?

do you have changing facilities?

if it was that easy why haven Leeds or Blackpool started new clubs teams with owners far worse then ours?

The exercise will require a great deal of thought and effort by a number of people.

Clearly not an issue that can be discussed seriously on a forum where feelings are boiling over.

Do I believe it can be done? Most certainly I do

Having read SL statement i was delighted, no sign of support for the manager at all and some, like me, thought finally he is gone.

And then SL spoke not only saying LJ has full support but anongst everyone at the club invluding the majority of fans....and then i thought, ok sheff and rotherham SL sounds like hes a goner if they go badly......and then suddenly he ruled these fixtures are not pivotal.....he isnt going anywhere.

We are in MASSIVE MASSIVE trouble.

(I knew we should have lost to fleetwood).

Archived