IGNORED

Lansdown just as culpable for what is to come

Benjam!n Ultra

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

It's not all about money but how it is spent.  Poor decision making re Ashton Vale cost a great deal.  Poor decision making on managers and the cost of sacking them.

Other clubs with less money are doing better

Our much vaunted Academy has yet to produce one gem

I really am amazed at folks still believing in SL.  He simply isn't good enough.

without SL we would be a backwater club and we are far from that

SL probably realises there's nobody else better out there currently who is better than LJ and would join us if offered. We could end up with an SO'D type appointment and then our fate would be sealed. He's probably looking at LJ at Barnsley where the team did recover after a similar bad run. I get the impression though that if we lose the next 2 league games he would have to go.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sorry Steve I have always supported you even after some the huge mistakes you have made in the past, but some of today's statements are just utter BS.

The support of the majority of fans my arse.

I thought he looked embarrassed and rightly so

14 minutes ago, London expats said:

And who the .......... do you think will put the 100 million in that Steve Lansdown has ! Last year including some of the ground rebuild HE spent over 50 million. Some people are so deluded to laughable.

Yup his club he can do what he wants. SL is obviously concerned as its his money and you can guarantee he will change if the next few games are similar.

My worry is its too late now because I cant see us turning it around. The football is pathetic and getting worse by the game. LJ also seems to follow in his Dads footsteps with being incapable of dealing with the bigger name players. 

We are lucky to have Lansdown yes but its bloody depressing seeing all these other clubs constantly leapfrogging us with or without money whilst we make no progress.

24 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

You've just formed an opinion yourself as well. Otib can be over dramatic at times but I would disagree right now that it's not representive of our fanbase. On all forms of social media and in person I reckon it's 80% in favour of LJ going 

I agree completely.

However SL has cut his cloth for now. The telling comment was LJ's job is as safe as it could be "RIGHT NOW"

This is the dreaded vote of confidence. Thus SL has made himself culpable. 

Listening to Sound of the City, which was very good, what struck me was this....Freeman wont sign a contract, Tomlin accused of having lost form, GON injured again, Mark Little injured again, Bobby Reid to be found riding Shergar, Joe Bryan loss of form and played out of position, Korey Smith wouldn't get in at the Gas, Matthews loss of form sick note....Not to mention Odowda Brownhill Patterson....Say what you like about those three.

We looked lethargic against Brentford gone down hill from there and total Toss at NF.

Why do so many people look at these things in isolation...They are all symptoms of the deeper problem....We are in a mess and LJ has no clue how to bring it around and that has now got through to the players....

Two things, again we need a leader on the pitch Hegler is the new broom or, Tin Hat Time, Tomlin....He is constantly trying to get the players and supporters up despite being played on the wing. Or Flint if he is up for it. He is the guy that gets everyone up!

And if we have to keep LJ, he needs help and its not Holden obviously...Joe Jordan with a temporary advisory brief would be my man!

Not going to read this place again until later this week so please dont be offended if I dont respond (like I care :laugh:!)

50 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

First point, the forum doesn't constitute the majority of Bristol City fans, you cannot speak for everyone for or against

2nd point? Debatable, barring the 8 defeats, before had a pretty decent record at this level so not at all 'completely out of his depth'. 

8 defeats that's rich its 11 loses in 12 in this league lets not try to detract from this with one lucky win shall we. Are you LJ's friend? did he smile at you once!

54 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

First point, the forum doesn't constitute the majority of Bristol City fans, you cannot speak for everyone for or against

2nd point? Debatable, barring the 8 defeats, before had a pretty decent record at this level so not at all 'completely out of his depth'. 

Two wins in the last 16 games.

6 minutes ago, iamsober said:

without SL we would be a backwater club and we are far from that

Yeah cos we are so better off than Barnsley, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Wigan, Swansea etc. All teams that most would say are smaller than us  (over the last 20 years) that we have spent a damn sight more than.

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yup his club he can do what he wants. SL is obviously concerned as its his money and you can guarantee he will change if the next few games are similar.

My worry is its too late now because I cant see us turning it around. The football is pathetic and getting worse by the game. LJ also seems to follow in his Dads footsteps with being incapable of dealing with the bigger name players. 

We are lucky to have Lansdown yes but its bloody depressing seeing all these other clubs constantly leapfrogging us with or without money whilst we make no progress.

could we do better without sl, i honestly dont know anymore. 

20 minutes ago, London expats said:

And who the .......... do you think will put the 100 million in that Steve Lansdown has ! Last year including some of the ground rebuild HE spent over 50 million. Some people are so deluded to laughable.

Many of us get that. But to effectively "buy" a club in League 1, spend over £100 million and potentially end up where you started isn't great use of the money is it? There are numerous examples of well run clubs who didn't have to p1$$ over £100m against the wall in order to achieve a lot more than we have!!!

35 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I think SL is trying to calm the situation down, trying to take pressure off of the coaching staff and players. I do not think for one minute that he'll allow this situation to fester on if we don't take a minimum of 4 points from Wednesday and Rotherham.

Well he ain't done a very good job.

I'm seething. I've smashed almost everything within reach and almost put me boot through the telly.

Because of my foul mood everyone has gone out.

So much for anger management.

Thanks a bunch Lansdown.

4 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

could we do better without sl, i honestly dont know anymore. 

Well we could do better an could do worse. I will never understand the attitude that says we would go under without him. Many a club have done equal or better without spunking £80m up against a wall. 

58 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Exactly. I don't get why everyone has their knickers in a twist.  SL has backed him so all we can do is get behind the team in the meantime.  IF we do lose the next couple of games then I am sure SL will chop him anyway.

Chill the F out IMO.

So your point is this, the next coupe of games he needs results and if he does not get results its ok to chop him in your opinion? However for some that time has arrived already! what makes your position more tenable than the others?

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Most of the clubs that leapfrogged us to get to the prem didnt have this almighty plan to get in there. They just gave it some stability with experienced coaches and managers and got there!

no one has mentioned the players responsibilities!

Perhaps SL has a defined strategy that no one has considered?

Rather than pay for your best asset to go away, he has instead realised that there is a queue of Premier League clubs willing to pay US compensation to take the highly sought after up and coming manager off of our hands?

Isnt that what was said on his appointment?

Clever Mr Lansdown, very clever. This is the reason sir that you are a billionaire and I am scum. I doff my cap to you sir and your genius.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Many of us get that. But to effectively "buy" a club in League 1, spend over £100 million and potentially end up where you started isn't great use of the money is it? There are numerous examples of well run clubs who didn't have to p1$$ over £100m against the wall in order to achieve a lot more than we have!!!

Like who?

£215 million was spent this summer in the championship. We contributed to about £7/8million of that. Wolves spent more on one player,where has it got them?

Although we've spent more than we have in our future, we've had to do that to try and keep up. We are still miles behind the spending power of many clubs in our league.

Archived