IGNORED

Things Could Be Worse

Unan

1 hour ago, spudski said:

but I never booed him, abused him at the ground, or abused the players

But who is doing that now (since I guess you're drawing a distinction)? I haven't seen any of those things during matches for this entire run, home and away. Away as reported several times recently is at best one massive attempt at smothering the team and manager in love, at worst it's silence.

To my eyes and ears it has been the most patient and supportive any club could reasonably expect to get in the circumstances (perhaps a bit quieter in recent home games unsurprisingly, but not at all abusive or negative). Have I missed some abuse that you've seen the present team deal with?

Perhaps you were just referring to the SC incident, but your comments read like an attack on something in the present, particularly when you speak (not for the first time) about "IF LJ" turns it round, a load of people would be all "sing when you're winning"? I can't remember anyone doing any different. 

I should hope everyone would be singing if we win 8 in a row, we'll all have earned it! There would be a lot lot worse happening at many other clubs by now.

5 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

How is he? Still has a superior record to SC at this level for this club even with this dreadful run

Wow that's a relief 

When he ever gets a side promoted , or wins a League he will be able to compare himself I'd suggest

SC had plenty of flaws but I'd have him over LJ every day of the week

5 minutes ago, reddoh said:

SAF went through a bad patch before he had a good run.

Yes, the same SAF that won the European Cup Winners Cup, the Scottish FA Cup and the Scottish League title, smashing the Old Firm dominance of football north of the border. Not to mention being caretaker manager of the national team fior the 1986 World Cup.

That was before he joined Manchester United.

What was the analogy again?

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I meant more in terms of LJ making SC whatever his shortcomings look as good a manager as SAF :whistle:

As regards this ridiculous comparisons of bad runs - SAF ihad his , After winning the Scottosh League twice, The Scottish FA Cup , Winning the Cup Winners Cup , oh and managing a Scotland at the 86 World Cup - not a great comparison to LJ is it ?

Maybe not but AF as he was then (young)  turned the club round faster than the qe2 just and the rest is history

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Yes, the same SAF that won the European Cup Winners Cup, the Scottish FA Cup and the Scottish League title, smashing the Old Firm dominance of football north of the border. Not to mention being caretaker manager of the national team fior the 1986 World Cup.

The analogy that keeps getting thrown up is SAF had a bad run at Man U , before dominating British Football for 20yrs , so why cant Lee do the same 

Come on , keep up ;)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He was 45 when he joined MU but far more relevant he was a proven successful manager already

but he still had a bad patch but had plenty of money too fix it when ever he wanted and not just two windows

ps 45 is young :-)

8 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I love the SAF analogy :grr:

You're right It is no comparison.  Imho the analogy is that SAF (spit!!) won a two horse race....when Aberdeen weren't one of the two horses!

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

But who is doing that now (since I guess you're drawing a distinction)? I haven't seen any of those things during matches for this entire run, home and away. Away as reported several times recently is at best one massive attempt at smothering the team and manager in love, at worst it's silence.

To my eyes and ears it has been the most patient and supportive any club could reasonably expect to get in the circumstances (perhaps a bit quieter in recent home games unsurprisingly, but not at all abusive or negative). Have I missed some abuse that you've seen the present team deal with?

Perhaps you were just referring to the SC incident, but your comments read like an attack on something in the present, particularly when you speak (not for the first time) about "IF LJ" turns it round, a load of people would be all "sing when you're winning"? I can't remember anyone doing any different. 

I should hope everyone would be singing if we win 8 in a row, we'll all have earned it! There would be a lot lot worse happening at many other clubs by now.

Mate...there have been many booing him and calling him all the names under the sun in this recent run. I've heard it and seen it.

Not everyone will have earned it mate. Some of the stuff written on here about LJ in recent times is appalling...yet those same fans doing it will want to share the glory if he turns it around. The blokes trying to do the right thing...the way some people talk about him, with such vitriol, you'd think he'd shagged their club over.

Tbh...I can't be bothered with this thread anymore. It's turning into a bear pit. What I thought were some very reasonable posters in the past, are really starting to show their real colours. Not aimed at you mate...but the gang mentality starts nearly every night. Don't mind debate...but it gets quiet vindictive with 'you said this, you said that mentality'.  And tbh, I really don't understand why the OP brought what he did up...it's almost like some people think, 'I know, I'll start a thread to cause some more friction'. Probably done without thought...but there seems to be a clear pattern of threads starting, that are aimed at causing arguments, rather than supporting the team. Just my opinion. Others obviously see it differently.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Mate...there have been many booing him and calling him all the names under the sun in this recent run. I've heard it and seen it.

Not everyone will have earned it mate. Some of the stuff written on here about LJ in recent times is appalling...yet those same fans doing it will want to share the glory if he turns it around. The blokes trying to do the right thing...the way some people talk about him, with such vitriol, you'd think he'd shagged their club over.

Tbh...I can't be bothered with this thread anymore. It's turning into a bear pit. What I thought were some very reasonable posters in the past, are really starting to show their real colours. Not aimed at you mate...but the gang mentality starts nearly every night. Don't mind debate...but it gets quiet vindictive with 'you said this, you said that mentality'.  And tbh, I really don't understand why the OP brought what he did up...it's almost like some people think, 'I know, I'll start a thread to cause some more friction'. Probably done without thought...but there seems to be a clear pattern of threads starting, that are aimed at causing arguments, rather than supporting the team. Just my opinion. Others obviously see it differently.

Not sure if you mean the thread OP or the 'argument' OP. If you mean me, it was a bit of light hearted humour to take our minds (and eyes) off of seeing LJ plastered everywhere on here. I thought if there was any recent ex manager we could agree on being a bit.. disliked, then it'd be SOD.

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

Tbh...I can't be bothered with this thread anymore. It's turning into a bear pit.

What I thought were some very reasonable posters in the past, are really starting to show their real colours.

Not aimed at you mate...but the gang mentality starts nearly every night. Don't mind debate...but it gets quiet vindictive with 'you said this, you said that mentality'.  And tbh, I really don't understand why the OP brought what he did up...it's almost like some people think, 'I know, I'll start a thread to cause some more friction'. Probably done without thought...but there seems to be a clear pattern of threads starting, that are aimed at causing arguments, rather than supporting the team. Just my opinion. Others obviously see it differently.

Wonder who that is aimed at Spud.......:whistle:

Me definitely :thumbsup:

No need to keep making snide little remarks in various posts - say it how you see it

Sorry , and you won't like it but You absolutely crucified SC on here , including accusations about brown envelopes , yet post above

'Some of the stuff written on here about LJ in recent times is appalling'

Sorry , complete double standards

You (increasingly) treat others opinions dismissively ,stating most supporters don't have a clue , telling supporters to 'jog on' , 'don't come back when we're winning' etc

Youve slated half the squad this season, yet continually slate those who criticise LJ ,dismissively telling them they don't understand how anything works ,  but you won't say boo about the man in charge

When you refer to gang mentality, bear pits , vitriol and 'true colours' take a look inwards too

You certainly don't like someone questioning you or quoting something you've written

Sorry Spud but you talk as if you have run a club, managed or coached at this level and your opinions are superior to others

Where have you been 'ganged up' on btw ????

I'll take the incoming  :thumbsup:  np

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

Wow - really surprised to hear that, I thought you were behind the dugout now? Are the players really that bad? :P

JOKE. Seriously though, if you're over there I'm amazed there is anything of the sort, nothing audible in the Dolman that I've heard yet on this run, nor away from home. I didn't realise there was any abuse being aimed directly at the dugout, which of course is unhelpful. I thought he'd had it easy. Explains some of your other remarks recently about fans. 

I love how those trying to claim LJ's record is better than SC's always seem to forget to mention the £15m (and probably more today) he has spent compared to Cotterill's sole addition of Kodjia.

Not exactly comparing apples with apples, is it?

Hijacking the thread to post this. Things could be a little 'worse'. I grew up around Benfica when I was a small kid.

Lost away last night - only second league defeat of the season - and still top of league and current 3x Champions.

Here's how fans greeted the team's return to the training ground. You can just make out Spudinho applauding ;) 

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The analogy that keeps getting thrown up is SAF had a bad run at Man U , before dominating British Football for 20yrs , so why cant Lee do the same 

Come on , keep up ;)

I actually typed my post before reading yours. I should've gone to Specsavers. :P

16 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why the forgiveness for SC and not LJ out of interest? What prompted LJ to swear at City fans?

There is fact and there is opinion mate.

Fact:

Johnson was given ironic jeers, no more, when he was subbed, something that does happen on a regular basis all over the country. I have never ever seen another player act in that way and I don't suppose I will.

Cotterill on the other hand was subjected to a torrent of vitriol by one fan who gave it to him all guns blazing. Cotterill reacted; not to all the fans, just that one. In an ideal world he may not have reacted, but there is a big difference and I am fairly confident that anybody who witnessed both incidents would say Johnson's was far worse. Indeed, those who witnessed Johnson at Orient universally condemned it, whereas there were those who could relate to SC's reaction.

Opinion:

Johnson is a man out of his depth who has been given unprecedented riches to manage City. SC on the other hand, after promotion, was expected to do it with one hand tied behind his back. The frustration building up inside of SC would have been unbearable, particularly seeing the criticism on here from some who turned on him in circumstances that he would have seen as unfair, no wonder he snapped.

No opinions in this @Kid in the Riot:

Johnson was given ironic jeers, no more, when he was subbed, something that does happen on a regular basis all over the country. I have never ever seen another player act in that way

Cotterill on the other hand was subjected to a torrent of vitriol by one fan who gave it to him all guns blazing. Cotterill reacted; not to all the fans, just that one.

Archived