IGNORED

Football League launch probe into Matty Taylors transfer

Smokey

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

From Slagchat

harleygas Avatar
From a good friend of Taylor's 

if he has a release clause it just means that any club that triggers the set amount will be able to talk to him.
rovers will just get whatever the amount is and the clubs that trigger it will be free to offer taylor a contract.
the only bidding war would be over taylors salary etc,rovers would just get the set amount which you say is 300k!!

paulpirate Avatar
Topper Gas Avatar
Can you honestly see us paying any transfer fees unless we sell MT for a decent fee? 

why not? If we want quality it will cost 

Taylor's release clause £300k or above nothing less so we got to hope for a bidding

:yawn:

And one for amusement- 

If he had a release clause as low as 300K he'd be long gone, I'm sure. That's peanuts to most championship clubs.'

Yep - You got it SAG :thumbsup:

Do you know.  I'm not a top business man like what is on the board at the gAss, or one of their top lawyers , but I think I've sussed out Taylors release clause from the very cryptic coded message above. :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Do you know.  I'm not a top business man like what is on the board at the gAss, or one of their top lawyers , but I think I've sussed out Taylors release clause from the very cryptic coded message above. :ph34r:

'Gass' and 'top lawyers' in the same sentence? :whistle:

LOOOOOOL!!

IF there was a confidentiality clause it was known to the player, his agent, the selling club and their legal advisers. IF the release fee value was leaked to another party then the source of the leak is culpable, not the person leaked to. IF someone placed the confidential information in the public domain then they can be sued by anyone suffering a loss as a result. ShiteFC did not suffer a loss, Taylor's value is down to what the market will pay not what they think he's worth.

Simple contract law, even in the mangled word of football.

SO, if the source of the leak is inside FNLBR they are the ones who have broken the contract and they are the ones who could be fined and / or suffer a points deduction. In practice the League won't give a flying UNLESS we somehow connived with them to find out something that was already in thr public domain.

Non story, sags and their moronic following just like blaming someone for the fact they are crap, have a crap ground and have always been run like a whelk stall.

47 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the latest is, that the football league are awaiting further details from rovers,

so the gas made a complaint but never even gave the league details of the complaint? couldn't make it up

Pathetic crybabies.

Just like when they tried to financially ruin Wycombe Wanderers to save their own skins after they hilariously failed to keep their league status. 

Thing is, if they didn't take (or at least threaten to take) such action against City, their deluded, balloon head fans would go into meltdown, it's much easier to play the victim than just face up to the fact that we can offer their best players so much more, not just wages but facilities and the chance to play in a proper stadium in front of 18-20k crowds....not a library in Horfield with tents.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

the latest is, that the football league are awaiting further details from rovers,

so the gas made a complaint but never even gave the league details of the complaint? couldn't make it up

Let's be honest they haven't made a complaint - they won't make a complaint

They know they what would happen with the release clause, this story was all about trying to apease the Rovers fans pissed off with Taylor joining us

ANY other club and you would have not heard all this nonsense

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Let's be honest they haven't made a complaint - they won't make a complaint

They know they what would happen with the release clause, this story was all about trying to apease the Rovers fans pissed off with Taylor joining us

ANY other club and you would have not heard all this nonsense

I really don't think they would want the sort of media attention an attempted action against us would bring. At the moment I guess it's just got fairly local, low key, coverage. If they persue some of the Nationals might pick it us because it's just so ridiculous and funny.

The best advice I would give the Gas board of directors or Wally is to sack you team of legal advisors as they are costing you more than you gained over the past few years. On second thoughts, keep them. They are doing a great job! 

Archived