IGNORED

Football League launch probe into Matty Taylors transfer

Smokey

8 minutes ago, cynic said:

Poor pikeys are well behind the times.

This is their exclusive on the subject;

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9171/attention-harleygas-taylor-300k-leak

"It seems a bit odd the figure leaks on here and within the month he's gone to our local rivals . Was it a deliberate leak so the the 82ers could always say it was in the public arena?

, Perhaps the FA will want a word with Harleygas soon as I said at the time it seemed stupid publishing that info on the forum. "

:facepalm:  What a belter...."

• Admin

My only regret in all this is we didn't get Wycombe (who have many reasons to dislike the gas) to claim new found wealth and put in a fake £2m bid for him, only to tell MT they didn't really want him so they could all cry about missing out on £1.7m as he still signed for us for £300k ;) 

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Apart from the fact it's them. and they regularly do an impression of a 13 year old girl when things don't go their way. 
They are not the first team to have a clause met, as said above , Arsenal bidding 1p above is a real pisstake but as far as I'm aware they didn't run to 'Sir' , though they did moan a lot. 
I'm not sure of the rules but, the clause was put in by Taylor and his agent (I'm guessing they knew about it then).   What's to stop the agent talking to people or other agents? They happily go around touting their player to anyone even while he's still in contract, so what's the difference? 
Have to ask why they always play the victim , getting old now.

You do grasp the concept of insults, don't you? Serious question. 
If someone called you a manual manipulator (for example) would you happily walk round telling people , yeah I'm a manual manipulator ?  
Shithead is 'their' playground attempt at an insult, it really bugs me this, what next calling the this to be put on the shirts instead of 'the Robins' ???
No offence , but this is a real bugbear of mine.

I get where you are coming from on the insult concept, But it is old boring and water off a ducks back. and no matter what they call me I am above it all , I am red and therefore superior .

4 minutes ago, 1982 said:

I get where you are coming from on the insult concept, But it is old boring and water off a ducks back. and no matter what they call me I am above it all , I am red and therefore superior .

What they call us , exactly. you don't then turn around and apply insults to yourself do you. That's my point

6 hours ago, bearded_red said:

I see Griezmann's release clause is being widely reported this morning.

Disgusting. Someone launch a probe into this.

Late to this (some of have work to do).

That's Taylor's replacement all sorted for them then, their owner is a billionaire, apparently..

46 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I want SL / MA to pay the fee in Bristol £ now, after their apparent 'we might consider a complaint' bulls**t.

I'm sure we can find some more cra..erm...players outside our match day squad they can buy? 

Let's be nice-Gustav could do with a few run-outs...

The football league has said it didn't receive any complaint from BRFC about the Matt Taylor transfer,just a strange phone call from a man crying and muttering obscenities about, them s*** heads.

2 hours ago, cityal said:

I know what is outlined below is not a very common skillset around their club but what essentially has been proved has been:

1) City staff/scouts/LJ/MA/SL can read -  (and use google)

2) City staff/scouts/LJ/MA/SL have a basic grasp of english language comprehension - in  particular around the words "release" and "clause"

3) City staff/scouts/LJ/MA/SL have a basic grasp of mathematics - in particular knowing about minimum prices and how £300k = £300K and not more

This whole saga gets better and better - I would suggest the perfect ending would be

Matt Taylor banging a few in on debut this Staurday

MT scoring a good few more through the rest of the season

Rovers trying another "watertight" legal fight - City and MT countersuing and rovers pissing the money they did get up the wall in legal fees and fines.

And when rovers miss out on the play offs they'll sue us - cause if you lot hadn't nicked our player we would've gone up!

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

The football league has said it didn't receive any complaint from BRFC about the Matt Taylor transfer,just a strange phone call from a man crying and muttering obscenities about, them s*** heads.

Indeed  , but Twentyman just said the sags have lodged a complain't according to  the club.

3 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Indeed  , but Twentyman just said the sags have lodged a complain't according to  the club.

Interesting that the BBC online article says Rovers have contacted the Football League's legal department, which isn't the same as lodging a complaint. They were either told there was no point proceeding, or there haven't yet submitted the complaint. 

7 minutes ago, eric04 said:

Interesting that the BBC online article says Rovers have contacted the Football League's legal department, which isn't the same as lodging a complaint. They were either told there was no point proceeding, or there haven't yet submitted the complaint. 

That indeed may well be the case.

Presumably, because of the way that the deal was triggered, the gas has no claim on City to any future sell-on fee? That being the case, they really will have screwed up royally this entire contract negotiation.

I trust that MA will have written a far more professional contact either without or with a more sensible release clause.

Archived