IGNORED

Football League launch probe into Matty Taylors transfer

Smokey

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

The actual quote was "I know there was only one Championship team in for him and I know the reasons why"

He didn't allude to MT in that respect.

Didn't allude to MT no, but think it was pretty damn obvious that MT wanted better money and to further his career without moving his family etc.

Cardiff and a loan-swap with Lambert a possibility but Rovers turned that down by refusing to pay Lambert's £30k a month wages.

Ergo, only City as the viable option.

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Didn't allude to MT no, but think it was pretty damn obvious that MT wanted better money and to further his career without moving his family etc.

Cardiff and a loan-swap with Lambert a possibility but Rovers turned that down by refusing to pay Lambert's £30k a month wages.

Ergo, only City as the viable option.

You can't beat a good 'Ergo......

13 minutes ago, cynic said:

The actual quote was "I know there was only one Championship team in for him and I know the reasons why"

He didn't allude to MT in that respect.

I'm not sure I'm with you...he alluded to the fact that there was 'only one Championship club in for him, and that those reasons he'll keep to himself.'

Who else is he talking about if not MT?

19 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

rovers spin machine!!!!   Funny.   

It's the agent/Johnson link. Could get interesting, you could end up with him leaving for non results reasons!!

What does the link have to do with anything? The release clause figure was in the public domain ffs, I am pretty certain there is nothing against signing a player whos agent is your mate!! Every players agent does have mates in the game they represent. Next someone will moan because you have signed a player whos agent is mates with another agent and that agent is a friend of a manager!

Are they really so stupid as to think something is going to come of this bar them being made to look pathetic and childish?

GET OVER IT FFS AND LET IT GO (although I do secretly want this to go all the way to a court).

It's ok. Apparently no one else wanted him because he has acne and doesn't have the right hairstyle. All makes sense now. 

Well the fact is now public
Only one championship club came calling and that was a club in crisis with a manager in panic.
So why did that happen, Clarke knows but is not saying so here's my take
He is not good enough for that level as he is a one type player.
He is not fully fit and has acne well covered with face make up.
He would need team mates to give him decent chances and certainly don't think in a relegation position does that exist at Sh**y?
His defensive work rate and Tackle isn't big enough for championship bigger cups.
Would need a different hairstyle to compete at the higher level.
His house didn't have a big enough garden to train on his own.
Has no loyalty to the fans and only interested in money to set himself up for life so is greedy!!
Anyway thanks Matty it was good having you in MY team.

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

It's ok. Apparently no one else wanted him because he has acne and doesn't have the right hairstyle. All makes sense now. 

Only one championship club came calling and that was a club in crisis with a manager in panic.
He would need team mates to give him decent chances and certainly don't think in a relegation position does that exist at Sh**y?
His defensive work rate and Tackle isn't big enough for championship bigger cups.
Has no loyalty to the fans and only interested in money to set himself up for life so is greedy!!

Why the different type face?

Think you are special?

:angry:

Rovers fan here.

For the record, I think the "investigation" would be a massive waste of time if it were to go ahead. I'd imagine there probably was a little bit of underhandedness, but that that probably happens in a good deal of transfer business. It's the footballing world, agents and player power rule the roost.

As for DC's comments today, City were the only club with an official bid (in the championship) - Cardiff "enquired" but didn't actually bid. As previously mentioned, everyone knew about the £300k release clause due to press, so I'd say there's definitely something behind DC's wording of only 1 club being interested. I personally have only heard rumours as to why, which I won't be posting. A guy who's scored that many goals in the last few years available for £300,000 and gets one championship bid? I know I would definitely take that punt if I was a manager, even if he became third choice striker. You'd suggest something else definitely going on there.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

You quoted Dopey as above which is not what he said.

He said "I know there was only one championship team....I know the reason why......I'll keep that to myself"

The 'quote' was not word for word...but I implied in it, that Dopey knew the reasons why that there was only one championship club in for MT, and that he'd keep the reasons to himself. That's why I used the words 'He'.

Looks like a mix up in my transcript. We meant the same things.

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

We didn't throw the toy's out of the pram when Luke Freeman wanted out, we accepted by and large that this is what happens in football, so why do see this is anything other than a player wanting to move on? He is 27 and at the peak, so fair play if he is earning more than you could pay, besides he see's this as a move to a bigger club with better facilities and a club that will fulfill his ambitions. So you should applaud that, and thing 'thank Matty, and good luck' not post such personal stuff about him... utter classless, and thank God I was born English, and not of the Blue persuasion, 

I never bought into the Hate Rovers thing, after all you are Bristol, but blokes like you don't half make it hard.

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

We didn't throw the toy's out of the pram when Luke Freeman wanted out, we accepted by and large that this is what happens in football, so why do see this is anything other than a player wanting to move on? He is 27 and at the peak, so fair play if he is earning more than you could pay, besides he see's this as a move to a bigger club with better facilities and a club that will fulfill his ambitions. So you should applaud that, and thing 'thank Matty, and good luck' not post such personal stuff about him... utter classless, and thank God I was born English, and not of the Blue persuasion, 

I never bought into the Hate Rovers thing, after all you are Bristol, but blokes like you don't half make it hard.

I'm quoting something that's on Gaschat!  It's not my writing, I've copied it from their site. Evidently that's not clear. 

36 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

rovers spin machine!!!!   Funny.   

It's the agent/Johnson link. Could get interesting, you could end up with him leaving for non results reasons!!

The 300k became public knowledge within days of him signing a contract with you lot.

The mirror ran the story that BCFC were going to trigger that clause 8 days before it happened. The mail ran the same story a week before it happened.

The 300k has been in the public domain for 6 or 7 months.

The Wycombe act of god complaint = you lost.

The relegation accusation Wycombe = you lost.

The shitheads caused the pitch invasion, violence and horse punching = you lost.

We have a water tight case against Sainsbury's = you lost.

There is recurring theme here = losers.

PS:- Was yesterday a good day to bury the lack of news about the UWE?.

1 hour ago, COACH2 said:

So the Daily Mail are reporting a story saying Bristol City must have had inside knowledge of the transfer release clause.
This is ironic as on Jan 24 the Mail reported the following

Prolific lower league scorer available for just £300,000
SAMI MOKBEL: Bristol Rovers hotshot Matt Taylor is available this month for just £300,000.

So of course City new the price the DailyMail told them...........  :mf_sleep:

This is the daily mail though! They forget what they print after just one day and it's always unsubstantiated nonsense 

A bit like this whole case then. 

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The 300k became public knowledge within days of him signing a contract with you lot.

The mirror ran the story that BCFC were going to trigger that clause 8 days before it happened. The mail ran the same story a week before it happened.

The 300k has been in the public domain for 6 or 7 months.

The Wycombe act of god complaint = you lost.

The relegation accusation Wycombe = you lost.

The shitheads caused the pitch invasion, violence and horse punching = you lost.

We have a water tight case against Sainsbury's = you lost.

There is recurring theme here = losers.

PS:- Was yesterday a good day to bury the lack of news about the UWE?.

In the interests of balance, they did win the Freight Rover trophy once and at least one of their stands has got a roof.

Archived