IGNORED

Football League launch probe into Matty Taylors transfer

Smokey

Just now, Robert the bruce said:

There are as yet isolated tribes in the Amazonian Basin that have been aware Matty Taylor's release clause was set at £300,000  .... And have known for some time...

They must have the same agent as Matty Taylor and LJ. 

I cant believe that even remote Amazonian tribes are ganging up on poor, hard done by little Bristol Rovers too. It's all just so unfair..! :sad26:

42 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes , and me

Spud has clarified a couple of Q on here but , as you my understanding is that any club meeting the clause , or above can speak to the player, who doesn't have to move of course

If I recall correctly, and it's very possible I don't, I think what Suarez had was not actually a release clause per se. It was a bit more of an ambiguous clause that Suarez could speak to clubs if the £40 million valuation was met and that the club would then negotiate with the bidding club and attempt to reach an agreement but not that they actually had to accept the transfer. The ambiguity was much of the problem I think.  I believe most clauses are more straightforward cases of "you bid this and we have to let the player leave".

This does seem like a total non story to me. I very much doubt Rovers are planning to make a complaint.

I'm pretty sure it is just the usual Daily Mail clickbait strategy of let's make something up that sounds plausible to get people to visit the website.

I think the telling part in the Gas video, is a quote by their manager.

'Taylor has proven goals in the lower leagues, and their was only one Championship side in for him, and that he knows the reasons why only one Championship club came in for him, and that those reasons he'll keep to himself'.

I think those words are quite telling.

Personal reasons for Taylor maybe?

Mark Ashton: "Hi, I'd like to enquire on the availability of Matty Taylor"

Wael: "Sorry Mark, but Matty is not for sale, especially not to you shitheads".

Mark Ashton: "Oh- ok Wael... shot in the dark really, more hopeful then anything... There's really nothing I can do to change Your mind?"

Wael: "Afraid not Mark. Not unless you bid his £300K release clause and you will never guess it's that low anyway.....oh..."

Image result for i shouldn't of said that meme

1 minute ago, spudski said:

'Taylor has proven goals in the lower leagues, and their was only one Championship side in for him, and that he knows the reasons why only one Championship club came in for him, and that those reasons he'll keep to himself'.

Sounds like DC is saying that Taylor himself decided he didn't want to speak to anyone but us :laugh: 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I think Dopey is on a wind-up here, maybe he does know something but that look into the camera David Brent style was just mischievous. Again, another attempt by the BRFC spin machine to draw attention away from the fact they've lost their best player.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think Dopey is on a wind-up here, maybe he does know something but that look into the camera David Brent style was just mischievous. Again, another attempt by the BRFC spin machine to draw attention away from the fact they've lost their best player.

I'm not so sure mate...I've heard Taylor has 'issues'.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

rovers spin machine!!!!   Funny.   

It's the agent/Johnson link. Could get interesting, you could end up with him leaving for non results reasons!!

Look.

You would be bitter too if you watched your closest rivals sell their 20 goal striker for £15,000,000, and then within in a year the same rival pinched your 20 goal striker for £14,700,000 less.

You would be right pissed off.

"Poor SAGS".

:me?:

Not.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

tfj

Most players have issues , problems, demons or however you want to considder it, they are human, all be it with big egos. If he scores goals for us there will be a queue to sign him come the time, whatever may go on off the pitch. It's LJ's and the clubs job to make him comfortable here a playing at his best, do that and no one cares, maybe a gAss head or two , but no one that matters  :P

6 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

rovers spin machine!!!!   Funny.   

It's the agent/Johnson link. Could get interesting, you could end up with him leaving for non results reasons!!

So Taylor and LJ are represented by the same agent, is that correct? 

What proof does that give as to any improper conduct? Surely there must be plenty of players/managers whose representation crosses over?

Not a dig, genuine question as I'm not sure about agency regulation but imagine it's a highly regulated part of the game. 

1 hour ago, Taz said:

This made me laugh when I saw it on Facebook last night. This supposed £300k release fee has been banded about on here, asschat  (from what others have said), and has been all over the media.

The only way the monkies down the road would have a case, is if the £300k was a red herring, and the actual fee was higher. We then bid the exact higher amount the first time of bidding. 

Just making them look bitter and stupid.

A contract isn't confidential unless explicitly stated to be. If not, and Mr Taylor's representatives chose to make certain contents of the contract known to third parties then tough shit gas.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

No, it isn't correct.

The agent is indeed a friend of LJ but he is not represented by him.

So the story is 'Lee Johnson has a friend who is a football agent and SHOCK HORROR, that agent represents a footballer'. 

Managers the length and breadth of the country have all sorts of friends and acquaintancea in the game.

I'm sure countless players have been signed by managers who are known to the players agent. 

Sounds like a complete non story and the type of thing we wouldn't be talking about were it not for it being us he signed for. 

Archived