IGNORED

Football League launch probe into Matty Taylors transfer

Smokey

31 minutes ago, BS3rich said:

I'd love to know the reasons why we were the only club to officially bid for him in the championship. Does make you wonder a little bit given he scores for fun and no one else has taken a punt..that being said I reckon he will do well with us. 

That's the beauty of him only being £300k. If everything goes wrong, we still win by taking their best player.

32 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well that's interesting because I heard that over the weekend Rovers actually rejected our bid of £300k and City had to get the lawyers involved to explain to Rovers that they could in fact not refuse a bid which triggered a release clause!

That of course, if true, would suggest we were aware of there being a release clause!

Because it was in the public domain. If that is true, we should be the one's asking for them to be investigated!

33 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well that's interesting because I heard that over the weekend Rovers actually rejected our bid of £300k and City had to get the lawyers involved to explain to Rovers that they could in fact not refuse a bid which triggered a release clause!

That of course, if true, would suggest we were aware of there being a release clause!

That would seem to fit the bill wouldn't it. I can well imagine that it's the sort of low level tactic they'd try to employ. 

41 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And Rovers fans are dripping about why the deal dragged on to the final day of the window and left them in the mire..

Look close to home,guys n gals.

Sounds to me like the gas could of had the money a day or two before transfer deadline finished, enough time to hopefully secure the services of replacement, but decided they didnt want the opportunity to spend the money!

Like others have said about time gashead start looking closer to home for answers as to why the transfer went through so late.

If the contents of a players contract are deemed sacrosanct by the football league how come everyone and their auntie seems to know how much someone is getting paid when they sign a new one?

Presume the noxious gas have complained and the FL simply have to respond to that complaint. Hopefully their possible attempts to block the deal will come to light and they get fined....about £300,000....

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Nothing there.

Johnson and the agent are friends - common knowledge, same as Johnson and Danny Coles, Johnson and Bradley Orr who are now agents. Doesn't mean he can't deal with them. 

Now, if the agent leaked the release details to the press and City picked up on it and tried their luck - who is to blame ? The details have been in the public domain since last year. Even the BBC mentioned it.

It was Wycombes fault you were relegated out of the football league, its Sainsburys fault that your board couldn't write a water tight contract, and now its someone else's fault that your top scorer for three seasons has been snapped up for a fraction of his worth.

Bunch of tinpot arseholes.

Yep, all of this although I'd add 'crybaby fuckwits' as well.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I think thou doest misunderstand my comment for a 2nd time it was nothing to do about gender matters, it was to do about the premature thingy, but never mind.

Women, eh...

:fear::me?:

15 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

And here we have exhibit A taken from a search of one of the posters on ass chat. Please note the date. (It's a search of his posts only hence the lack of replies).

Enjoy.

IMG_20170202_151353.png

The plot thickens, is 'Harleygas' Taylor's agent, Keith Chimp, Jakes dad or someone else?

This could be a case for Scooby Doo.

Embarrassing from Rovers, Tuesday they were all saying we must have paid more than £300k as that wasn't a release clause at all, now we definitely paid them £300k and only because we were tipped off!  On Gaschat they have provided evidence themselves that it was common knowledge of the release cause and national newspapers have also quoted this figure, so not sure how anyone can accuse City of anything underhand and keep a straight face!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I heard a rumour on Tuesday that Rovers had been desperately offering him to everyone else in this division after we triggered the release clause. Cardiff and Reading showed an interest but Taylor had already made his mind up about City.

Could be nonsense of course, but the same guy (Rovers fan) knew on Monday night about Taylor joining us.

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I heard a rumour on Tuesday that Rovers had been desperately offering him to everyone else in this division after we triggered the release clause. Cardiff and Reading showed an interest but Taylor had already made his mind up about City.

Could be nonsense of course, but the same guy (Rovers fan) knew on Monday night about Taylor joining us.

No, I suspect that is pretty accurate...

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Embarrassing from Rovers, Tuesday they were all saying we must have paid more than £300k as that wasn't a release clause at all, now we definitely paid them £300k and only because we were tipped off!  On Gaschat they have provided evidence themselves that it was common knowledge of the release cause and national newspapers have also quoted this figure, so not sure how anyone can accuse City of anything underhand and keep a straight face!

I know what is outlined below is not a very common skillset around their club but what essentially has been proved has been:

1) City staff/scouts/LJ/MA/SL can read -  (and use google)

2) City staff/scouts/LJ/MA/SL have a basic grasp of english language comprehension - in  particular around the words "release" and "clause"

3) City staff/scouts/LJ/MA/SL have a basic grasp of mathematics - in particular knowing about minimum prices and how £300k = £300K and not more

This whole saga gets better and better - I would suggest the perfect ending would be

Matt Taylor banging a few in on debut this Staurday

MT scoring a good few more through the rest of the season

Rovers trying another "watertight" legal fight - City and MT countersuing and rovers pissing the money they did get up the wall in legal fees and fines.

1 hour ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

From what I've read and heard it now seems blindingly obvious that City were the only club Taylor was interested in signing for, for whatever reason.

Which makes is soooooo more painful for the blue few :rofl2br:

As an aside, why does every player called Matthew have to be referred to as Matty when playing for a Bristol club? Sounds a bit limp wristed to me.

Agreed, and those who insist on referring to our on loan right back as Adam Mattys really piss me off. :disapointed2se::gaah:

Archived