IGNORED

Football League launch probe into Matty Taylors transfer

Smokey

4 hours ago, bearded_red said:

I heard a rumour on Tuesday that Rovers had been desperately offering him to everyone else in this division after we triggered the release clause. Cardiff and Reading showed an interest but Taylor had already made his mind up about City.

Could be nonsense of course, but the same guy (Rovers fan) knew on Monday night about Taylor joining us.

It's what they are saying on SlagChat - Once we came in , Taylor was desperately touted around any club they hoped might stop him coming here !

I watched the DC interview today, he basically took full responsibility for the transfer as MT would have left for nothing to another L1 club in the summer so they accepted a rediculous buy out clause to get a few goals out of him, he then says 'we made a few quid'!  They obviously couldn't offer MT a decent enough contract in the summer.  

DC then says quite rightly, there is no loyalty in football if you can treble your wages elsewhere, if I was a Rovers fan I would be worried by that statement, cause DC will do exactly the same as MT if the club continue to invest £0 in the club

Still not getting it.....

I don't think we need to prove anything. The proof is right there for everyone to see. MT's release clause was £300k and they offered £300k. That can't be seen as coincidence.

The people that need to provide proof of anything is c*ty. They obviously knew that was the release clause fee, so they need to prove that they didn't find that out illegally.

And if I was the EFL I wouldn't accept, 'well we saw it in the Bristol post', because that is the least reliable source of news ever.

36 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I watched the DC interview today, he basically took full responsibility for the transfer as MT would have left for nothing to another L1 club in the summer so they accepted a rediculous buy out clause to get a few goals out of him, he then says 'we made a few quid'!  They obviously couldn't offer MT a decent enough contract in the summer.  

DC then says quite rightly, there is no loyalty in football if you can treble your wages elsewhere, if I was a Rovers fan I would be worried by that statement, cause DC will do exactly the same as MT if the club continue to invest £0 in the club

Always helpful when your owner actually has money as opposed to tied up holdings and investments.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't think we need to prove anything. The proof is right there for everyone to see. MT's release clause was £300k and they offered £300k. That can't be seen as coincidence.

The people that need to provide proof of anything is c*ty. They obviously knew that was the release clause fee, so they need to prove that they didn't find that out illegally.

And if I was the EFL I wouldn't accept, 'well we saw it in the Bristol post', because that is the least reliable source of news ever.

Clearly not a bunch of lawyers with that "prove your innocence"  stance. 

9 minutes ago, Super said:

The writer is clearly unaware of the existence of a national press it seems....

11 minutes ago, Super said:

**** me! :facepalm:

guess if the efl deem things were done illegally they may dock city points or fine them. It could be action is taken to claim his real value from the buying club.
DC publicly stated they would not accept £10million. {maybe a reason why nobody bid except for those who knew of the £300,000 clause}.
The league may therefore value the player at ten million. After all he was the highest scorer in the country last season wasn't he and continued at the same pace this term.

That is from the sags forum :facepalm:

34 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

If there really is an omnipotent deity then I ask "Please let this one go to court".

I would laugh for months, no years as the Judge throws it out and awards us the £300k back in costs.

Never ever their fault is it? 

Boring

Could you imagine their forum when the biggest piece of evidence for why we went for a £300,000 initial offer is a copy of their own forum post mentioning the figure from last summer. OMG the place would be in meltdown, snake-eating-it's-own-tail, monkeys throwing feces implosion... I almost want it to happen. 

14 hours ago, cynic said:

Exactly.

Once the release figure is triggered, the player is released from his contract (hence the term "release clause" and free to negotiate with who he wants - doesn't matter if another club comes in and offers 1m. The player/agent will secure the best deal for themselves.

Which is the point of the clause. It passes negotiating power from the club the the player. At a lower fee he can get higher wages.

I posted on another thread that it's possible other clubs didn't know the actual low level of the release clause, but reading this thread and thinking it through I now think that's unlikely. 

So I am back to square one on why we were the only bid. By comparison, Scott Hogan was in play the whole window. I know Brentford wanted to cash in but still. No one else for Matty Taylor is still a mystery 

4 hours ago, fairweather said:

Which is the point of the clause. It passes negotiating power from the club the the player. At a lower fee he can get higher wages.

I posted on another thread that it's possible other clubs didn't know the actual low level of the release clause, but reading this thread and thinking it through I now think that's unlikely. 

So I am back to square one on why we were the only bid. By comparison, Scott Hogan was in play the whole window. I know Brentford wanted to cash in but still. No one else for Matty Taylor is still a mystery 

I'm thinking wayyyyyy out of the box here but what if the release clause said "can join Bristol City for 300k" and therefore no other Championship clubs came in for him as the clause didn't apply to them as it was specific to us?

LJ has come out and said he has been following him. Maybe we made contact in the summer but felt he was too much of a risk so sent him away to Rovers to prove himself for 6months with the promise that we would sign him if he got that clause inserted and did well?

Maybe this is why Rovers are kicking up such a stink?

6 hours ago, fairweather said:

MT not viewed by Championship clubs as being able to make the step up...

Other league one clubs were rumoured to be in for him though,but he wanted Championship football(and a large wage hike!).

8 hours ago, Super said:

Haha so they accuse us of improper conduct but - contrary to the laws of the rest of the universe - it's for the accusee to prove their innocence.

Only in LaLaLand. 

16 hours ago, bearded_red said:

I heard a rumour on Tuesday that Rovers had been desperately offering him to everyone else in this division after we triggered the release clause. Cardiff and Reading showed an interest but Taylor had already made his mind up about City.

Could be nonsense of course, but the same guy (Rovers fan) knew on Monday night about Taylor joining us.

16 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No, I suspect that is pretty accurate...

Well I hope they didn't let slip the information about the £300k release clause in his "secret contract"in the process, otherwise that might leave them open to legal recourse for releasing it. :whistle:

16 hours ago, cynic said:

Could explain Dopeys cryptic comment re "I know only one championship side were interested........and I know why"

To be fair, hawking him around hours from the deadline is a bit desperate but also demonstrate that maybe clubs actually did have their heads in the sand and knew nothing of the release clause.

Although the Rovers may have started to tout him around, I would imagine one quick call to his agent would have confirmed that he was only interested in coming to us for personal reasons. This would also explain the City's comments about not being happy with how the Rovers handled the initial period after the offer was made. I originally thought this might suggest that the Rovers had not told MT or his agent about the offer, but I don't think even they would be that stupid, so I think the former makes more sense.

Must admit I had a quick browse around asschat and £300k was definitely worth it for the amusement of reading comments from the absolute belters alone.

The release fee was provably public knowledge, they published it on their own forum in December, and yet the £300k bid must be the result of some sort of industrial espionage?

Their club then encourages the delusion by telling it's Daily Mail journo fan who runs a bullshit story for a bit of weak propaganda and half their single digit IQed window lickers fall for it, you couldn't make it up.

One of the crayon munching half wits even seems to think you can appeal a transfer.  

And then to cap it all Dopey does an interview with his usual dose of amateur psychology for very young children alluding to some dark secret about their former best player and they think it's the best thing ever.

Where's your £10m you gob shite moron?

On reflection, the funniest week in transfers ever.  Massive thanks to the blue few and SL, let's hope for a repeat in the summer (do they have anybody else worth spunking pocket change on for a giggle?)

Well, if the EFL or whatever they're called have Google it shouldn't take long for the hearing.
30 seconds and this popped up , and I can't be arsed to spend time looking. They, I would imagine, would do a proper job. 

From Mail 24th Jan.

Prolific lower league scorer available for just £300,000

SAMI MOKBEL: Bristol Rovers hotshot Matt Taylor is available this month for just £300,000.

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Must admit I had a quick browse around asschat and £300k was definitely worth it for the amusement of reading comments from the absolute belters alone.

The release fee was provably public knowledge, they published it on their own forum in December, and yet the £300k bid must be the result of some sort of industrial espionage?

Their club then encourages the delusion by telling it's Daily Mail journo fan who runs a bullshit story for a bit of weak propaganda and half their single digit IQed window lickers fall for it, you couldn't make it up.

One of the crayon munching half wits even seems to think you can appeal a transfer.  

And then to cap it all Dopey does an interview with his usual dose of amateur psychology for very young children alluding to some dark secret about their former best player and they think it's the best thing ever.

Where's your £10m you gob shite moron?

On reflection, the funniest week in transfers ever.  Massive thanks to the blue few and SL, let's hope for a repeat in the summer (do they have anybody else worth spunking pocket change on for a giggle?)

:clap:

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Well, if the EFL or whatever they're called have Google it shouldn't take long for the hearing.
30 seconds and this popped up , and I can't be arsed to spend time looking. They, I would imagine, would do a proper job. 

From Mail 24th Jan.

Prolific lower league scorer available for just £300,000

SAMI MOKBEL: Bristol Rovers hotshot Matt Taylor is available this month for just £300,000.

I could have sworn that I had heard that figure earlier than that, but a google search of my own does seem to suggest that this is either the source or one of the first mentions of that valuation. Who knows where this chap got it from though? :) 

I did ask the question somewhere else.....

What's to stop the Agent from talking about a clause, that HE put into a contract. For the benefit of his client. 

I don't know the rules or etiquette  , but if the agent and player know then how many secretaries and office staff. They really are a pathetic small minded club. Always the victim, always looking for something for nothing and always running to Sir if they don't get their own way.

13 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

How many times will DC keep subtly mentioning they have no money for wages/low squad budget etc etc before their fans actually get it?? Their billionaire owner won't be spending anything on anyone for them, fairplay for the job DC has done on their budget, but surely there will come a time when the players will just not be good enough to compete and he will be gone to a club who has something more to offer. If the UWE falls through which does seem to be more likely as time goes by, what happens to the Billionaire?

I used to get told a few things from someone in the know over there and he was never wrong. He was told about 4 months ago the stadium was "just have to dot the i's and cross the t's", he got told Taylor was a done deal to another club in January for 750k (which he thought it was cheap). None of what he has been told has been correct, which makes me wonder what the owner is feeding the people around him?

He still believes he's got billions to spend on them even though he's gone from "we can spend what we want as the FFP rules don't count" when they went up, to "no point of spending money on players until the ground is built"!!

Not sure we have heard the real story here and it will be interesting to hear if DC's suggestive comments have any bearing on the case and it may well be another issue entirely. We don't know. Certainly strange no one else came in for him at that price so allegations may look in a different direction entirely..

18 minutes ago, extonsred said:

Not sure we have heard the real story here and it will be interesting to hear if DC's suggestive comments have any bearing on the case and it may well be another issue entirely. We don't know. Certainly strange no one else came in for him at that price so allegations may look in a different direction entirely..

I really think that they have no case. Our argument will be that there was a figure which was in the media and we thought we would take a punt and see if it was just paper talk or genuine. They have to prove otherwise. Although I don't think the FA are bound by the "innocent until proven guilty" rules, if they decided to take action against us I am pretty sure we would fight it until we reached a court that will be. 

Archived