IGNORED

The O'Driscoll Banner

GrahamC

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ok appreciate your opinion but in my opinion of you didn't find it offensive you are as simple as the person who made it

Can't see how it's 'offensive'?   Never even made a comment about Lee.  Perhaps it was a suggestion to be a member of the coaching staff?

Jesus, some proper over reactions on here. I don't particularly find the banner funny but it's not like it can't be expected when we have such a bad run and then scrape a win against the worst team in the league. Currently I'd have us down as the second worst team in the league and yet I'd say our squad looks middle of the table or higher in quality. If the squad is strong, we have good training facilities and play the right football/ tactics then surely we should be doing pretty well which just shows how wrong the tactics are and how much it's bothering our fans.

2 hours ago, PortisheadIsRed said:

I think you're all taking it too seriously

Agreed. It's one big willy waving fest on here tonight...."I'm a better supporter than you.....you should stay at home....nah nah nah nah nah"!!

18K at that game today....which is an achievement in itself given our horrendous and prolonged run. Guess what, not everyone in the 18K is happy with the job that LJ is doing at the moment. Get over yourselves........if the bloke turns it round and proves you right everyone's a winner and you can gloat whilst staring at his picture on your wall and knocking one out to your heart's content!!!

22 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ok appreciate your opinion but in my opinion of you didn't find it offensive you are as simple as the person who made it

Big difference between offensive and abusive. 

You originally said it was 'abuse' now you say it was 'offensive' - ok, you were offended by a banner, that's fine, but that doesn't mean the message on it was 'abusive' - I said in my original reply that I couldn't see how you saw that message as 'abuse'...

3 hours ago, RedSA said:

I was sat next to the guy he was arguing with in the first half. 

The fan was saying "change it. 4-4-2" and Johnson said "what do you think we're playing?"

:blink:

Just previously someone had shouted "sort it out" after flint uncessarily hoofed a ball. Johnson  said "what am I supposed to do, he's just gone and booted it!" or words to that effect...

Thing is, in the post match presser he said we started a 4-4-2

Really worrying, it clearly wasn't a 4-4-2 unless Tomlin just ignored his instructions 

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

Thing is, in the post match presser he said we started a 4-4-2

Really worrying, it clearly wasn't a 4-4-2 unless Tomlin just ignored his instructions 

Caller on RB claimed he shouted the same at a fan who was telling him to go to 4-4-2 , caller claimed LJ shouted that we already were !!!

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Caller on RB claimed he shouted the same at a fan who was telling him to go to 4-4-2 , caller claimed LJ shouted that we already were !!!

He's lost it, not a single person made a run beyond Tammy in the first half, no wonder Abraham's body language was so bad around 30mins, he was completely isolated. Tomlin was dropping to the deep midfield to get the ball off the defence at times! That's not the role of a striker. 

Tomlin should be replaced in the squad by Reid, he was awful today and apparently is ignoring his managers instructions, unless Johnson says one thing to us and another to the players. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I suppose this explains if all - Lee really does see things differently to us!

If he thinks we were playing 4-4-2 before the changes then I sure hope he has an appointment booked at Specsavers on Monday!

29 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

I suppose this explains if all - Lee really does see things differently to us!

If he thinks we were playing 4-4-2 before the changes then I sure hope he has an appointment booked at Specsavers on Monday!

That cracked me up. :clap:

It reminded me of this. 1.20 in

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

During the game !!!

:grr:

Its great isn't it !!

That's nothing I once witnessed him having a heated discussion with fans who were abusing him as a player - as the opposition were racing away on the attack.

Ok so the positioning of the banner meant that LJ saw it straight away next to the dugout, but if he got upset by that then he is much more thin-skinned than I thought, which is worrying in itself. Given how he has continued to believe that he is the best man to be our manager, despite all of the evidence to the contrary, I believed he must have elephant hide!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:facepalm:

How can he possibly claim we were 4-4-2

**** knows. There was a little period where he started arguing/defending himself to some of the calls from fans. I don't normally sit behind the dugout so was didn't know if this was a common occurrence. 

He also said "what am I supposed to do he just booted it!" after Flint unnecessarily lumped it and some one told him to "sort it out, get em playing on the deck". And a few other bits and pieces which I can't remember the specifics of...

is that normal? 

The Rotherham manager did shout at one of their players that he was a "shitbag", which was quite funny...

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

**** knows. There was a little period where he started arguing/defending himself to some of the calls from fans. I don't normally sit behind the dugout so was didn't know if this was a common occurrence. 

He also said "what am I supposed to do he just booted it!" after Flint unnecessarily lumped it and some one told him to "sort it out, get em playing on the deck". And a few other bits and pieces which I can't remember the specifics of...

is that normal? 

The Rotherham manager did shout at one of their players that he was a "shitbag", which was quite funny...

I'd suggest it's a better idea to concentrate on the vital game in front of him

I was sat behind the purpotrator (he was a big chap and I wouldn't want to mess with him). LJ showed a total lack of class when he turned around and said to him, "you can take it down now" after the goal went in.....1) because he already thought the game was over 2) because we were playing rubbish 3) because he forgot that we conceed late goals 4) it was only Rotherham 5) we were still at this point on a massive losing run.....List is endless and it seems LJ's reign will be too.

However, nobody behind the banner agreed with it (or that LJ should be criticized). Most were clapping him which is just strange...Johnson family seats?

12 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Can I ask what's going on with the other curtain?

Is there a window with one randomly hanging curtain somewhere in Bristol?

I got half the curtain back from the steward so might hang it back up...the Mrs will never know.

The steward warned us, we could be banned for this as he received complaints....nonsense! 

Cant believe LJ got all excited with the one goal against Rotherham like he'd won the league. The cocky git pointed at the banner and said "you can take your banner down now!" Little midget.

Let's be honest the Lansdown is objectively speaking, the most corporate of the stands isn't it so is hardly going to be full of anti Johnson fans.

If I didn't know better- and I probably don't- would it be too big a stretch, too wild a theory to say that the powers that be at Bristol Sport are trying to change us into a bunch of rugby fans? :whistle:

Seriously risking a ban for that banner is a nonsense that a ban should even be considered.

Archived