IGNORED

The O'Driscoll Banner

GrahamC

On 2/4/2017 at 13:03, Alan Dicks said:

Generally used for ppl that are offended very easily. A word usually used in a political sense. And for ppl who have basically have had a humour byepass

Most on this thread then.

My God LJ at least is not a snowflake, he gave some back and showed some much needed passion.

its football, we are pants and have been for months, the expectation people will continue to be passive is not how things work!

The guy is in the job. The team gets good support at home when the game is on and positively amazing support away under the circumstances. The team and management have something to prove. A banner like this is as likely to galvanize as it is to shrink them!! We will see if they melt!

Can't believe everyone's so soft on an online football forum of all places. Get a grip, if someone told me I had a record breaking budget, a huge huge personal wage, then went on the worst run in our 120 year history and wasn't sacked I'd be thanking the gods that the consecensues were a few banners in my peripheral view.

2 hours ago, Doozerchris said:

People are so easily offended these days. Let's just sugar coat everything.

Insulting someone for a physical thing is schoolyard stuff and really beneath contempt. But carry on if yo think it's ok. It shows people's true colours I'm not offended just saddened. 

6 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Insulting someone for a physical thing is schoolyard stuff and really beneath contempt. But carry on if yo think it's ok. It shows people's true colours I'm not offended just saddened. 

:facepalm: I was referring to the banner. But you carry on being saddened.

On 04/02/2017 at 17:51, RedSA said:

Just previously someone had shouted "sort it out" after flint uncessarily hoofed a ball. Johnson  said "what am I supposed to do, he's just gone and booted it!" or words to that effect...

Coaching? You know, that thing where you try to educate a player to improve their footballing ability...

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Can we stop with the midget comments? As a vertically challenged person myself, I find them uncalled for and unnecessary. 

IMG_9042.JPG

Calling someone a midget is patently discrimination under UK law.

Tell the Police, or a OTIB moderator - which is virtually the same thing.

Hope this helps.

tfj

Lummydaze. As others have said the banner was mildly amusing. Mocking a dire situation is sometimes the best way of showing dissatisfaction.  

Let's hope Lee, his coaches and the team appreciate fans are getting fed up with their lame performances.

The great worry is we're now only a Pulis banner away from things turning really nasty. 

12 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

:facepalm: I was referring to the banner. But you carry on being saddened.

As a midget Jew with a Bristolian accent, you can imagine the verbal abuse I get off my mates, colleagues and people I play sport against. But guess what? It's banter which I take on the chin and dish back. 

Other people I know would go crying cap in hand to the HR department if they were called such things. Men need to be men and crack on with life. Too many people easily offended these days, can't say nothing.

2 minutes ago, SARJ said:

As a midget Jew with a Bristolian accent, you can imagine the verbal abuse I get off my mates, colleagues and people I play sport against. But guess what? It's banter which I take on the chin and dish back. 

Other people I know would go crying cap in hand to the HR department if they were called such things. Men need to be men and crack on with life. Too many people easily offended these days, can't say nothing.

Unless you are also a lesbian, refugee, single-mother AND Welsh, then DON'T expect any sympathy on THIS forum.

:punish::punish::punish::punish::punish::punish:

Take that.

tfj

3 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Bravo sir.

7 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Careful Sarj :whistle:

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

It really isn't.

O'Driscoll over saw 11 wins in 44 games.

Johnson has overseen 20 wins in 48 games.

Under O'Driscoll we lost 20 times in 44, under Johnson 20 in 48.

a 25% win rate vs a 41.67% win rate. 1.045 points per game vs 1.416 points per game.

Under O'Driscoll that's 48 points over a whole season, almost certain relegation. Under Johnson it's 65 points over a season, top ten finish.

If you look at our managers win rate in the Championship...

SoD  23%

Cotts  15%

LJ  38%

In fact LJ's win rate in the Championship is even better than his old mans.

Not saying he's perfect...but he's still got a better record than GJ and Cotts who both gave us good seasons in league 1....and under GJ one good season in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

If you look at our managers win rate in the Championship...

SoD  23%

Cotts  15%

LJ  38%

In fact LJ's win rate in the Championship is even better than his old mans.

Not saying he's perfect...but he's still got a better record than GJ and Cotts who both gave us good seasons in league 1....and under GJ one good season in the Championship.

I have to say that comes as quite a shock- our position with that win ratio makes little sense. That's a midtable win ratio,

Archived