IGNORED

Hordur

Charlie BCFC

Still only 23 so it's understandable that he might not play in every game. Right now we probably need our most experienced players in the back line so it makes sense that he sits a few out.

To my mind, Wright looks like a long-term replacement for Flint and will probably end up alongside Magnusson when the team is fully settled.

26 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Would you be happy to see him played at LB with a view to keeping the Flint/Wright partnership together? If not, who would you drop?

(assuming we keep playing 4 at the back)

Yes, yes and yes!

By all accounts he is a very accomplished left back...playing him there would, in my opinion, improve our defence greatly.  His positioning and reading of the game is better than our other defenders.

3 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Still only 23 so it's understandable that he might not play in every game. Right now we probably need our most experienced players in the back line so it makes sense that he sits a few out.

To my mind, Wright looks like a long-term replacement for Flint and will probably end up alongside Magnusson when the team is fully settled.

Totally agree mate.

We are going to get these types of threads every week, because we have half a dozen players that won't make the bench.

Can see the next one being about Reid.

You look at our match day squad in recent games, look at the subs, and who's on the pitch and can play in certain areas, and you understand why Magners wasn't in the squad. Plus the guy deserves a break imo.

Like you said...can see him and Baily as our main CB partnership.

50 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Hasn't been in the squad last few games and hasn't fell out with the manager or is not injured according to his Twitter. IMO should definitely start out best defender this season.

LJ has stated previously that HM wasn't brought in with the expectation of playing every game as due to age & his previous experience or lack of.

I would guess that the purchase of BW & the fact that "we were only playing" Rotherham meant that he has now been in a position to give HM a rest. Now that rest may not of been needed for physical reasons so much but mental reasons as it may of been a drag on him to go through the bad run without a break, he may well be one of those people that takes the responsibility of the losses to heart?

Either way, I'm sure that now we have a run of difficult games, he will be back in the squad unless there is an injury that the club have been trying to keep quiet?

A good player and certainly a talent that will improve. However he has made a fair few mistakes in the games I have seen, some of them costly.

I assume Wright is seen more as the finished article and is likely to start every game with Flint, untill injury or we are out of trouble. I dont see a way back for Horder in the short term.

Seems to have played a lot of football at left back in the past and with Golbourne not exactly a stellar performer (though a reliable one) and Bryan currently being used in midfield, that's where we should be playing him. Can't see him being less solid than SC defensively, but is undoubtedly better on the ball

Hordur is a top , top player but he lacks the ' devilment' to ' boss ' the opposition.

He is all about positioning, game reading and distribution. Bailey Wright is a hard as nails , niggly defender who gets in the forward's  faces. 

We need a bit of that at the moment as we have been too nice as a team . It's ok to be a pleasing on the eye but not acceptable to be bullied out of a match .

Like many of our young players he needs the experience of physical competition to learn the ' dark arts ' 

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Flint, needs a rest. 

There were loads of threads about this last season ranging from 'Flint needs a rest' to 'not good enough at this level' only for him to prove his worth and then chatter about him moving to the Prem.

Flint shows time and time again that he rises above other players to head the ball out of a tricky situation. If he hadn't been there I reckon we would have lost by more goals in our defeats.

The problem is that when he hoofs/heads the ball away it's usually back to the opposition. When he's popping up and scoring goals you sort of overlook his distribution problems but he's not so he is more under the spotlight.

At the moment he's often the last difference between the opposition and a goal against. 

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Hordur is a top , top player but he lacks the ' devilment' to ' boss ' the opposition.

He is all about positioning, game reading and distribution. Bailey Wright is a hard as nails , niggly defender who gets in the forward's  faces. 

We need a bit of that at the moment as we have been too nice as a team . It's ok to be a pleasing on the eye but not acceptable to be bullied out of a match .

Like many of our young players he needs the experience of physical competition to learn the ' dark arts ' 

I understand where you are coming from Major...but I think Hordur 'The baby face Assassin' as I fondly refer to him, offers way more than Flint.

Baily gives you that grit...but you also need that guile. That link up between CB and CM.

You can see he has learnt his trade in Italy...who are renowned for their clever defending.

Whilst we are in a battle...I understand why Flint and Wright are being used...no nonsense stuff.

However...when we eventually get back to winning ways and confidence grows, I can see Hordur coming back in.

He wins his fair share of battles one on one...but we really do need that player that can see a pass and link up the play. Simple and effective pass to Hegeler and progress.

If we had quality in midfield and were actually looking at man for man quality...you could quite easily have a back four of Wright, Flint, Hegeler, Hordur...which wouldn't be too shabby at all.

However...we need Hegeler in DM.

I'm looking forward to seeing who we get to replace our Fullback tbh.

Just for fun...

---------------------------------------------------------------------Geifer----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wright----------------------------------Flint----------------------------------------Hegeler----------------------------------------Hordur

-------------------------------------------------------------------Pack---------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------Cotterill-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bryan------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------Taylor--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Tammy----------------------------------------Duric---------------------------------------------------

:blink::yawn:

1 hour ago, Libertine1 said:

When LJ feels the need to change to 5-3-2 again then I'm sure we will see him. As it is, you can't really argue with Flint and Wright at the back. He was just unfortunate to get injured when he did.

Nothing against you here, this is a comment I've seen a dozen times on OTIB.

Why can't you argue with the currrnt partnership? We've got a dog shit leaky defence, something is not right! I just do not understand this argument? Flint is either absolutely mentally ****** from all the games he's played or he's been found out and is shit. Basically all of our goals conceded have been, partly at least, Flints fault. Magnusson > Flint

1 minute ago, gas8er said:

I hate Hordur, he's Icelandic, a professional footballer and too good looking, if I were a girl I would like to do him..

In fact I'm a bloke and I would like to do him, transfer him out now.

How Metrosexual of you, how long have you been getting these feelings? :) 

5 hours ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

Nothing against you here, this is a comment I've seen a dozen times on OTIB.

Why can't you argue with the currrnt partnership? We've got a dog shit leaky defence, something is not right! I just do not understand this argument? Flint is either absolutely mentally ****** from all the games he's played or he's been found out and is shit. Basically all of our goals conceded have been, partly at least, Flints fault. Magnusson > Flint

I know what you mean. I was just thinking you're only as good as your last game. I can understand why LJ has gone with Flint and Wright. 

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

More to the point, LJ said when we signed Wright that he hadn't expected Hordur to have to play so much in his first season. Clearly he feels a rest would do him good and that is what he has given him.

So who would have been playing regularly start of season with Flint then if not Maggers ?

Archived