IGNORED

The Official Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread (Merged)

ploppy

Just had a flick through a few threads and if this forum ran the club we'd be without an owner, without a manager, without a keeper, without a DoF....

Tonight was the first time in a while where I've come out of a match feeling positive, we played good football, had more possession and more shots yet lost to a foul and a massive deflection.

I know I'm on my own here but Lee is turning this around and I think the club should stick with him, we play some good football, some of the best I've seen since i started watching us and bar our defence we look good throughout the team.

Onwards and upwards to Fulham now, COYR

The ref had his back to the ball, talking to a Leeds player,when it was rolled forward to Wood without the ref's say-so. The whistle was still in his mouth. Didn't have the guts to disallow it in front of 22,000. Our defence were unfairly unsighted.

Testicles

Whenever Tommy Doc tried to take a free kick quickly the ********************** ref always called play back.

Can't blame Flinty for the second, got his foot to it and it took a nasty one into the net.

2 pieces of 1. ***************************** referring and 2. bad luck.

Thank god we've got Cotterill, brilliant signing. Gives me some hope

14 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Villa 4 points ahead of us.

how much have they spent?

And the winner is :yawn:

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Some clown will come out with the 'Well Villa aren't doing very well under Bruce and all the money they've spent'

Bit like being kidnapped by ISIS , dressed in an orange suit but chilled because sos the bloke in the next cell

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Just had a flick through a few threads and if this forum ran the club we'd be without an owner, without a manager, without a keeper, without a DoF....

Tonight was the first time in a while where I've come out of a match feeling positive, we played good football, had more possession and more shots yet lost to a foul and a massive deflection.

I know I'm on my own here but Lee is turning this around and I think the club should stick with him, we play some good football, some of the best I've seen since i started watching us and bar our defence we look good throughout the team.

Yep that would be great if it doesn't happen every ******* week

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

How dare you go against the grain!! You will be shot down & burned at the stake for actually going to the game & actually commenting on what you saw live rather than via listening to radio Bristol or watching Sky Sports News!!

(had to comment just so that this didn't just drop off the forum)

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

What game were you watching to feel positive after that performance ? 

Taking the stats off of BBC football (copied below) , BCFC had 55% of the possession, Leeds 45%  and 9 shots on target versus Leeds 4 shots on target. 

Obviously I wasn't at the game but the stats look respectable. No, I am not related to LJ or anyone else at the club and I am not GAS; but that is telling me that Leeds shots were either better quality than ours or there is a difference in quality of goalkeeping or a bit of both. Any thoughts?

City have now won just two of their last 17 Championship matches and remain 20th, while Leeds are fifth, six points clear of seventh-placed Norwich City.

Home TeamLeedsAway TeamBristol City
Possession
Home45%
Away55%
Shots
Home15
Away19
Shots on Target
Home4
Away9
Corners
Home4
Away5
Fouls
Home12
Away9

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Top post and no youre not on your own. 

Just got home from work, we won then I guess???

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I've just got home from working the 2-10 shift, yours is the first post I've read, so glad to see that we won tonight.

You're right, and it probably had a massive bearing on the game, and probably the result.  But it's always us it happens too.  Why is that.

Warnock (hate him), would've been all over the media, commenting on the ref ahead of the game wouldn't he.  The ref would have that in the back of his mind.  We are nice.

Confused, heard from others that watched the game that Leeds dominated the first half, and at 2-0 they sat back a little, and just kind of coasted out most of the rest of the game, letting us play and trying to hit us on the break... then others saying different... wish I had gone and watched instead of hauling myself home after work tonight.

6 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Taking the stats off of BBC football (copied below) , BCFC had 55% of the possession, Leeds 45%  and 9 shots on target versus Leeds 4 shots on target. 

Obviously I wasn't at the game but the stats look respectable. No, I am not related to LJ or anyone else at the club and I am not GAS; but that is telling me that Leeds shots were either better quality than ours or there is a difference in quality of goalkeeping or a bit of both. Any thoughts?

City have now won just two of their last 17 Championship matches and remain 20th, while Leeds are fifth, six points clear of seventh-placed Norwich City.

Home TeamLeedsAway TeamBristol City
Possession
Home45%
Away55%
Shots
Home15
Away19
Shots on Target
Home4
Away9
Corners
Home4
Away5
Fouls
Home12
Away9

Forget stats mate,just look at these.So a Derby fan can say "well those stats look respectable".They lost as well.

Untitled 1.jpg

11 minutes ago, Spoons said:

What game were you watching to feel positive after that performance ? 

We went to a team 5th in the table and more than held our own, we played some good stuff and kept the ball well, if tammy hadn't gone off we might have got a draw

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Confused, heard from others that watched the game that Leeds dominated the first half, and at 2-0 they sat back a little, and just kind of coasted out most of the rest of the game, letting us play and trying to hit us on the break... then others saying different... wish I had gone and watched instead of hauling myself home after work tonight.

I would lean towards the former description. We started somewhat brightly but the goal knocked the stuffing out of us and we started to look disorganised and clueless as the game went on (reverting to type it pains me to say). We tried to apply pressure in the last 30 mins and had a bit of success with Cotterill supplying crosses to Djuric (not sure why we didn't exploit this further as they were causing problems) but generally Leeds looked pretty comfortable. 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

We went to a team 5th in the table and more than held our own, we played some good stuff and kept the ball well, if tammy hadn't gone

Kept the ball well? Joe Bryan , Tomlin, hegler kept giving it away all game!! 

Held our own? We were just waiting for them to score and when they did it was game over.

As per usual we tried to walk it in the net as well. 

Ok, wasn't there, listened to Radio Bristol.

Sounded like we had some good spells.  But it also sounds like we were opened up too easily.

Not going to bash the OP though.  He was there, I wasn't.

Not once did I hear the. commentstor or Adam Baker say that we had good shape, were making it difficult, etc, you know, all the normal things you hear from an away side that might pull off the perfect away performance. 

23 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Some of the best youve seen? You haven't been watching long. 

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We went to a team 5th in the table and more than held our own, we played some good stuff and kept the ball well, if tammy hadn't gone off we might have got a draw

We only just held our own against Rotherham. They were garbage and bottom of the table. 

Fair play to you though for your optimism. (and I'm not trying to sound patronising). I just don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Exactly. The only period of the game we were not in it was from when Tammy went off until Djuric came on which is understandable as Tomlin and Taylor were never going to cause Leeds problems. 

Unlucky not to get a draw on the balance of chances tonight. 

Archived