IGNORED

The Official Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread (Merged)

ploppy

If we can do a job on Derby in the first 45 mins we can do it again but we cannot capitulate like we did in the 2nd half. If we can get our nose in front it will hindge on how we are set up tactically to manage that and the timing and type of sub could be the crucial factor in winning drawing etc.

Soo, this is where the managerial experience comes in and I just hope LJ gets it right tonoght.

COYR 

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I'm optimistic after Saturday and I'm going for 3-1 with Tammy hopefully picking up another couple to help my season bet ;) 

i'm going for my almost 60 years of BCFC experience and expecting **** all and that way I cannot be disappointed.

of course unless we manage to to throw away a 2 goal lead or worse still a 3 goal lead (as if we could throw away a 3 goal lead, what am I thinking?).

2 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Think you're being quite aggressive towards the thread here - all I see is healthy debate. What do you want us to do, all bow and nod and say nothing about the starting 11? We could do I suppose but what's the fun in that?

How is it aggressive? It's the same negative comments about how lessons haven't been learned or he's clueless. I'm all for why you think player A should start over player B but many comments are digs at the head coach and how we've basically already defeated ourselves. People need to get over who the head coach is. It's not changing. 

So if we will discuss what we think of the lineup, of pair Wright and Magnusson and give Flint a rest. Basically played(or on pace to play) 50+ games per season for 3 seasons. Matty T is injured so don't mind him sitting. Lee Tomlin as frustrating as he is, is too big an investment to sit for the rest of the season. Let's see if he can be the mercurial talent he is tonight with no pressure to win the match on anyone. Mostly unchanged other than that so I've got no problems with it. 

FADER VÅR

Fader vår som är i himmelen. 
Helgat varde ditt namn. 
Tillkomme ditt rike. 
Ske din vilja, såsom i himmelen 
så ock på jorden. 
Vårt dagliga bröd giv oss idag, 
och förlåt oss våra skulder, 
såsom ock vi förlåta dem oss skyldiga äro, 
och inled oss icke i frestelse 
utan fräls oss ifrån ondo. 
Ty riket är ditt och makten och härligheten 
i evighet. 
Amen. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As has been said before, Taylor is nursing an injury. Why can't people do their homework before whinging incessantly?

The city twitter account doesn't say anything about his injury, so your saying I have to do a sherlock on websites on our team selection every game before I can criticise it? ok mate.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

LJ said he has had a slightly tight ham string since joining and they've been managing him carefully which was why he was subbed last time out.

Hopefully, he'll start tonight as I reckon he will get us a penalty some time soon given the way he runs at defenders - one touch and he hits the deck.

Difficult game but one where we can get something out of it.

2-1 to City... COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

2 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

The city twitter account doesn't say anything about his injury, so your saying I have to do a sherlock on websites on our team selection every game before I can criticise it? ok mate.

Tbf I don't think it was a proper announcement but it was said by LJ yesterday in the pre match press conference. 

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Also dissapointed not to see Magnusson in the side, he is better than Flint and if he can play at fullback then another reason he should be in the side.  He's looked classy and capable every time I've seen him.

Its Valentine's day. He's got the day off. 

Archived