IGNORED

The Official Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread (Merged)

ploppy

Johnson seemed to think we were playing 442 in the first half against Rotherham with Tomlin as a second striker. Whatever it was, it wasn't 442 - Tomlin spent most of the first half trying to play in Tammy and the wingers with Hollywood passes with very mixed results. I just don't buy Tomlin as a centre forward and I don't think we should pretend that he is one. We will see but I think he's made an error here. Hope I'm wrong.

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Also dissapointed not to see Magnusson in the side, he is better than Flint and if he can play at fullback then another reason he should be in the side.  He's looked classy and capable every time I've seen him.

He's got birthday cake indigestion mate, that's what LJ said in the pre match presser.

2 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

I fear with Tomin and Tammy starting, Tomin will drop deep and leave Tammy isolated up top. Cotterill will bang in crosses but they will come to nothing as we will only have Tammy in the box. Really hope I'm wrong.

Tammy score tap ins. Crosses from Cotterill will only benefit him with a box crowded by CIty players

No wonder we surrender leads - follows the fan base lack of confidence.

WTF is wrong with this forum - inexperienced championship option struggling with hamstring - replaced with skilful experienced player in the only change to the line up.

FFS we have not lost or drawn yet - might actually win - have a word you defeatist twonks !!

11 minutes ago, samo II said:

Like the fact we're still 442, and if Taylor is limited by his hamstring, can see the logic.  

Just hope Tomlin combines as well with the rest of the line up as Taylor did on Saturday; we know Tomlin has it in him to contribute, my only concern is whether he's got the legs to keep up with the rest of them.

Better than seeing wholesale changes, and depending on the scoreline and state-of-play, having Djuric and Taylor to throw at them to try and get something isn't the worst.

Hopefuly for a point, though am realistic, and would be delighted if we could just put in another decent showing.

COYR!

Agree fully with the highlighted portion but struggling with the 4-4-2, I don't think LJ has ever played Tomlin in a 4-4-2, but hey ho there is a first time for everything.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

You're wasting your time mate...it doesn't fit in with certain fans feeling, that LJ tinkers just for the sake of it. Or they don't follow what's being said throughout the week by the club.

I agree with you, although I wouldn't complain about a bit of left back tinkering at the moment.

13 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

I personally feel Tomlin will thrive tonight, Heggler and Brownhill are a solid partnership that will give him creative freedom. Cotterill and Bryan are hard working wingers so I feel Tomlin will have a bit of a free role tonight and as long as we aren't constantly defending he should be ok!!

As long as LT doesn't start dropping too deep, looking for the ball and plays close to Tammy, i will be happy. In his recent appearances, he was just in front of the centre backs picking up the ball. He can't hurt the opposition from their.

13 minutes ago, tts_city said:

tinkerman strikes again, one up top, its served us so well lately away from home. 442 worked well on saturday before the inevitable, why not try it again with the same lineup ? hohum, anyway heres hoping we get something tonight.

Taylor is carrying a slight hamstring injury. 

Another match day squad where we've lost in most of your minds as soon as the lineup came out. By all means tell us why you agree or disagree but it's same old same old. He's clueless, does he ever learn or he's changed so and so for this person. He's here and it doesn't look like he's leaving so why not letting it play out first then criticise. The same ones saying why is Tomlin playing are the same ones that were begging for his signature in the summer. He's too good a talent not to try him every few games and see which one shows up. Plus February is packed with matches. Some will be rested and some have slight injuries and some only play in one position even if they've played a handful somewhere else(and for a defending team at that). 

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Tammy score tap ins. Crosses from Cotterill will only benefit him with a box crowded by CIty players

Yep, pile in the box lads otherwise we're doomed. Prove that you can do it Tomlin, bag us a couple. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Another match day squad where we've lost in most of your minds as soon as the lineup came out. By all means tell us why you agree or disagree but it's same old same old. He's clueless, does he ever learn or he's changed so and so for this person. He's here and it doesn't look like he's leaving so why not letting it play out first then criticise. The same ones saying why is Tomlin playing are the same ones that were begging for his signature in the summer. He's too good a talent not to try him every few games and see which one shows up. Plus February is packed with matches. Some will be rested and some have slight injuries and some only play in one position even if they've played a handful somewhere else(and for a defending team at that). 

Think you're being quite aggressive towards the thread here - all I see is healthy debate. What do you want us to do, all bow and nod and say nothing about the starting 11? We could do I suppose but what's the fun in that?

5 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

If Matty Taylor not fully fit, should he really be on the bench?

Johnson has played O'Neill and Smith before this season when not fully fit and then they are out for weeks.

thought the same, others get rested with injuries, vital to keep all players fit for the run in

Archived