IGNORED

Official non-matchday matchday thread

CyderInACan

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes I do. I've seen seven relegations at City and this one smells just like the rest did. We are like a rudderless ship without an experienced sailor let alone a captain on the bridge. Doomed is the word. 

Ah right, we may as well put an R sign by our name then, makes it much easier....

Hopefully Fulham can be a turning point, and we can both put in a good performance and get a significant result.

Newcastle away is a 'free hit' of sorts (still won't stop me singing myself mute, mind you...), so anything there would be beyond expeditions, but think the Villa game could well be the first of a run of utterly key games in our season.

They say "may you live in interesting times" is a curse; Anyone check whether the Bristol Sport coach ran over a witch sometime in November?

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes I do. I've seen seven relegations at City and this one smells just like the rest did. We are like a rudderless ship without an experienced sailor let alone a captain on the bridge. Doomed is the word. 

I've seen all those relegations, and this season is significantly different.  First of all, we have a better squad than in any of our previous relegation seasons.  Secondly, no one has given us a hiding.  Third, we have played some lovely football at times. Don't kid yourself (or others) that this is run of the mill.  Far from it.  This a strange season where a team which has the potential to do very well is struggling to make it click.  I can't think of another season like it, and I suspect I've been around as long as you.

37 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'd agree to a point in that this seasons has all the hallmarks you'd associate with being relegated. It very much reminds me of the last relegation...a good start, some quality Championship players but a poor defence and a tinkerman at the helm.

Edit - along with some strange formations and people being played out of position.

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I've seen all those relegations, and this season is significantly different.  First of all, we have a better squad than in any of our previous relegation seasons.  Secondly, no one has given us a hiding.  Third, we have played some lovely football at times. Don't kid yourself (or others) that this is run of the mill.  Far from it.  This a strange season where a team which has the potential to do very well is struggling to make it click.  I can't think of another season like it, and I suspect I've been around as long as you.

You are absolutely right mate. Significantly different. Unlike others, most notably SC in recent times, he's been given almost everything by a misguided patron and still managed to replicate what other duff managers have done. 

32 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

This is not criticism or super fan rubbish but have you been to many games this season? Just a question due to your OTIB name? 

35 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

1) this should set alarm bells ringing, as we're still shit.

2) the deficits don't matter, you lose you lose !! No bonus points for getting close.

3) potential to do well ? Seriously, that ship has sailed mate. We're at the business end of the season and out of the drop zone by the skin of our teeth. Unless they start playing 14 points for a win, even then the problem is actually winning. 

16 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I get that folks are worried. What i don't get is that some seem to have already given up.

Stand and fight FFS.

What I don't get is that some people haven't seen this coming over the past weeks or months even. It's been blindingly obvious! 

Free fallin', .....as Tom Petty might say.

1 minute ago, Rednwhiterob said:

But but that doesn't mean we just throw our hands up and say 'that's it, We're already relegated.

Of course not, but increasingly overdue action is required to reverse the situation. Otherwise it may soon be too late. IMO the next few games will define the season, one way or another.

3 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I just don't understand those who are saying We're already down. People give up so quickly these days.

We're doing our job... the question is, are the club doing theirs??

To me it looks like the big man SL has turned his phone off and is hoping for the bloody best.. god I hope it comes off!!!

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Even if Burton win and Wigan lose we are still above wigan, im not worried until we enter the relegation zone

Slightly odd logic? Presumably if we were one place outside the playoffs, you wouldn't be excited about the prospect of promotion until we got in?

The worry is the completely changing and somewhat baffling team choices & selections, the lack of pace starting games (possibly Derby away an exception), tepid displays (Rotherham home), the lack of motivation from the manager to the players etc....it's well versed on this forum, could list loads....

Biggest worry for me is if we end up in the bottom 3, the impact of that on the players...their mentality already seems incredibly fragile, anything that adds to that is to be avoided at all costs.

But i'll say this to you - i admire your optimism and faith in 'the project'..!

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Slightly odd logic? Presumably if we were one place outside the playoffs, you wouldn't be excited about the prospect of promotion until we got in?

The worry is the completely changing and somewhat baffling team choices & selections, the lack of pace starting games (possibly Derby away an exception), tepid displays (Rotherham home), the lack of motivation from the manager to the players etc....it's well versed on this forum, could list loads....

Biggest worry for me is if we end up in the bottom 3, the impact of that on the players...their mentality already seems incredibly fragile, anything that adds to that is to be avoided at all costs.

But i'll say this to you - i admire your optimism and faith in 'the project'..!

If we were one place outside the play offs I'd be excited about the future but not about promotion until we were in a place where promotion was a possibility, the team hasn't been changed that much, one change for the leeds game because of injury, 2 for derby I believe, people will start complaining that we make changes for Wednesday because Tammy and Little are injured. The big part of your third sentence is 'if', we aren't in the bottom three yet, we haven't been all season, and I don't think we will be.

52 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I just don't understand those who are saying We're already down. People give up so quickly these days.

Red it's took a while to sink in.

The older I get the slower I am on the take up. Fair play you got me . For weeks!!!!

Anyway off track here's a bet South Shields will win the F.A Vase  1/2 is available if you have the money to make it worthwhile have the punt.

If not a better than even money bet is Bromsgrove sport to Beat Buckland (Western league) And South Shields to win the Vase.

South Shields aim under there new owner (junior Lansdown) is to take them Conference and beyond.

If Buckland (Newton Abbot) win at Bromsgrove, they have sold out 3,000 plus crowd I will be stunned.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

If we were one place outside the play offs I'd be excited about the future but not about promotion until we were in a place where promotion was a possibility, the team hasn't been changed that much, one change for the leeds game because of injury, 2 for derby I believe, people will start complaining that we make changes for Wednesday because Tammy and Little are injured. The big part of your third sentence is 'if', we aren't in the bottom three yet, we haven't been all season, and I don't think we will be.

Not sure i've seen too much to suggest that we won't be in the bottom 3 soon, more a question of 'when' rather than 'if' given our really poor run. 

I think we can write off Rotherham, so are there 2 worst teams than us? You'd hope so but both Wigan and Burton are showing some form - Villa & Birmingham are both having the sort of slump that we've had, Forest aren't great, QPR have had some results.

Unless we can put 3 or 4 back to back wins together (like Cardiff..), then things look bleak.

Archived