IGNORED

Official non-matchday matchday thread

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

Yeah but why the negative comment? It wasn't needed.

I think it was very much needed. Following this club has been nothing but depressing and at times infuriating over the last three months. It is therefore logical that fans such as me are going to vent their frustrations on the forum- that is the purpose of it. This 'negative comment' is my opinion, and sadly the majority of the history of this club is on my side as this is typically the part of the season where other clubs enjoy a dead cat bounce while we stumble and don't have the balls to kick all the old boys out of their cushy jobs- especially considering we should have done that before the Burnley cup game.

8 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Cardiff and Warnock.  Makes my blood boil that we never took him on.  Look how he's transformed them.  On his first game (against us) they had 8 points and were one off the bottom; we had 20 and sat in the playoffs.  20 games later they have 42 points and are in 12th (and winning again today), we have 32 and sit in 20th. 

I'd rather be building for the future though than have some old dinosaur like Warncock.

There are imo 5 or 6 clubs now fighting for the remainder 2 places, us being one of them (and I use the term fighting loosely in our case) we had better wake the hell up pretty soon or we will pay a costly price.

4 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I think it was very much needed. Following this club has been nothing but depressing and at times infuriating over the last three months. It is therefore logical that fans such as me are going to vent their frustrations on the forum- that is the purpose of it. This 'negative comment' is my opinion, and sadly the majority of the history of this club is on my side as this is typically the part of the season where other clubs enjoy a dead cat bounce while we stumble and don't have the balls to kick all the old boys out of their cushy jobs- especially considering we should have done that before the Burnley cup game.

Yeah but lbh we've improved this month with only one loss (Leeds) and assuming we'll lose and posting it on the forum is not needed.

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

Yeah but lbh we've improved this month with only one loss (Leeds) and assuming we'll lose and posting it on the forum is not needed.

I'm not assuming- I'm predicting, and this season I have been mostly accurate with the predictions I have made. Fine, if it makes you happy we'll beat Fulham 10-0 with Engvall scoring eight overhead kicks, with one being an audacious effort from the halfway line.

There, there's some nice canned happy clappy optimism. Better?

3 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I'd rather be building for the future though than have some old dinosaur like Warncock.

Building for the future wouldn't be done by Warnock.  He's the here and now.  Others would be doing the building for the future; the two aren't mutually exclusive. 

We need(ed) a manager that knew this division and how to motivate players.  We got someone who'd never managed in the division and clearly cant motivate for toffee.  Give me an established and proven dinosaur over an incompetent bluffer any day.

5 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Cheers I'm just tired of people being so negative and that comment was more than a great example of that.

I respect your opinion even if I don't support it, surely you're starting to question?  

I liked Johnson being appointed and liked the project idea, I was never a hater in the slightest.  I wanted this to work I'm just interested at the point that people who held my views at the start realise it's not working.

Archived