IGNORED

Joe Jordan

alexukhc

Shelton played up here at Chester after he left City. His legs had totally gone by that point but could still pick a pass and put a tackle in, and he played until he was 40. Think he still lives around this way, both his lads were playing local non league as of a few years ago, having not quite made it as pros.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Top player - but was thinking we needed that creative addition in there to compliment the other two 

He wouldn't be a bad default though !!

Top man Biff - another great bloke off the pitch 

Tinman for passing ability. If you wanted someone to run with the ball I am finding that difficult, most runners were wide players, I can't remember a great central player who could run with the ball with any sort of consistency

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Who's that in the back row behind Waughie?

It's not Paul Wimbleton is it ?

Anyone remember him ?

On a slight tangent - How about Gary Hamson as a player ?  (Left footed / sided , came from Leeds - my memory is that he had a bit of quality - is my memory correct - any other memories of him ?? don't think he played that many games for us?)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone remember him ?

How about Gary Hamson as a player (Left footed / sided , came from Leeds - my memory is that he had a bit of quality - is my memory correct - any other memories of him ?? don't think he played that many games for us?)

He was a right back wasn't he?

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Top player - but was thinking we needed that creative addition in there to compliment the other two 

He wouldn't be a bad default though !!

Top man Biff - another great bloke off the pitch 

Tinnion??

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone remember him ?

On a slight tangent - How about Gary Hamson as a player ?  (Left footed / sided , came from Leeds - my memory is that he had a bit of quality - is my memory correct - any other memories of him ?? don't think he played that many games for us?)

yeah think so.. later changed his name to MK Tons

10 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

future Swindon manager in there.....and future England manager

That looks like 88-89 team to me. Or was it taken before we did all our transfer business. I am sure the logo was in white on the 89-90 kit

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone remember him ?

I don't think so he had bigger hair. Cracking player until he got booted out by JJ for arising about after the Tranmere debacle. Nearly punched him out in a hastily arranged reserve team game.

Looks like Puyol on the back row :)

Just now, Davefevs said:

Think it is Wimbleton, seeing some photos on google.  Harrison wasn't blonde.

Sorry Dave - I've confused it - It's not Hamson - I was just throwing his name in as another midfielder around that time

Not sure it's Wimbleton

If someone gets it , it's one of those 'oh ***** so it is' :grr:

Archived