IGNORED

Joe Jordan

alexukhc

3 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

Oh I remember Ronnie Sinclair alright. Agree he was a great keeper and kept us in a few games. Just thought it was strange that team photo just had one goalie available.

Used to happen a lot back then (Always seemed to be a missing player , or two !! Perhaps a birthday on team,photo day !!!)

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes - really nice lad , too 'nice' possibly , decent footballer , not sure he had the right desire to push into first team rather than a lack of ability 

Can't remember hearing anything about him after he left us. Probably went down the Bath city Gloucester City or Chippenham route based on other players of that level leaving city.

1 minute ago, TRL said:

Can't remember hearing anything about him after he left us. Probably went down the Bath city Gloucester City or Chippenham route based on other players of that level leaving city.

I thought he'd stayed locally too so had a look

1991–1992 Rangers 0 (0)
1992–1993 Bristol City 0 (0)
1993–1994 Carlisle United 5 (0)
1994–1995 Weston-super-Mare ? (?)
1995–1996 Gloucester City ? (?)
1996–1997 Witney Town

15 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

Only one goalkeeper! How did we cope? Didn't Robbie Turner go in goal once if I remember rightly??

It's really bugging me now. Does anyone remember a time when Robbie Turner went in goal for us when our only goalkeeper was injured or sent off? Or was that a dream I had!? Will dig up a programme to find out when I can....

1 minute ago, pikeysrobins said:

It's really bugging me now. Does anyone remember a time when Robbie Turner went in goal for us when our only goalkeeper was injured or sent off? Or was that a dream I had!? Will dig up a programme to find out when I can....

His brother was a goalkeeper I see from Wiki!

1 minute ago, pikeysrobins said:

It's really bugging me now. Does anyone remember a time when Robbie Turner wet in goal for us when our only goalkeeper was injured or sent off? Or was that a dream I had!? Will dig up a programme to find out when I can....

Have to be honest - I don't and I missed very few games in those days but maybe the memory bank is failing

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Knowing Robbie you been better searching Robbie Turner  in Gaol 

;)

Laugh! Great foil for Sir Bob though! Anybody got a video of the 5-0 Swansea game at The Vetch from 89-90. Bobby scored a brilliant hat-trick and I think Robbie got one! Had it on video but lost it! Must be one of my favourite away days ever!!

Just now, pikeysrobins said:

Laugh! Great foil for Sir Bob though! Anybody got a video of the 5-0 Swansea game at The Vetch from 89-90. Bobby scored a brilliant hat-trick and I think Robbie got one! Had it on video but lost it! Must be one of my favourite away days ever!!

And even Chris Honor  :blink: scored !!!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The honest thing to say was that I thought the guy next to Jimmy might've been McQuilter....had no idea what he looked like, so when I googled him, I saw he matched the one on the back row!

So did you remember Ronnie McQuilter (name)  and research

or cheat throughout ?

!!! :laughcont:

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So did you remember Ronnie McQuilter (name)  and research

or cheat throughout ?

!!! :laughcont:

No, remembered his name, we always used to sign an obscure Scot or Scouser every summer on a free around that time and think he might be quality / have high hopes for.

Scott Paterson

Steve Gillespie (bit later)

Ronnie McQuilter 

Shaun Rouse (mentioned earlier)

etc

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

No, remembered his name, we always used to sign an obscure Scot or Scouser every summer on a free around that time and think he might be quality.

Scott Paterson

Steve Gillespie (bit later)

Ronnie McQuilter 

Shaun Rouse (mentioned earlier)

etc

The others above I would remember but would never have got McQuilter  :thumbsup::clapping:

Sometimes a name just sticks in your head.

I used to be a bit of a 'statto' in my day, used to read the Football League Directory (better than Rothmans), got it every year for Xmas.  Would just read it over and over again, making little notes when players transferred.  Sad, eh?

That sort of got replaced by the stats in Football Manager, and now Transfermarkt (great website).

Archived