IGNORED

Joe Jordan

alexukhc

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Built a really good side in his first spell. John Bailey was a shrewd signing,experienced old head. Newman and Humphries at the back were a good pairing, psycho hard as nails and biff more cultured, could play a bit could biff and anywhere in the team. 

Similar in midfield where shelts was all action and chipped in with goals and Rennie was a good passer and read the game well. 

Up front turner and God, not much more can be said about that pair that hasn't already.

Forget the second spell, inherited a poor side and couldn't halt the slide. 

The memories of that first spell should not be tainted by the second. Top man is Joe and I'm sure anyone who followed us then have nothing but respect and affection for the man and the players. 

I think what probably did for him the first time was when Bob Taylor got injured and the board wouldn't let him invest in top class striker we were top of the league and blew the title with a gutless display at Twerton.

The 2nd time apparently went to the board to sign a young Kevin Davies from Chesterfield and they refused and that was the final straw.

3 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

Mark Cooper - front row second along from the left!!

Great team!

Flipping eck, just zoomed in, thought it was Andy May.  I played against Cooper, and Paul Mardon (back row)....and more impressively, drank a fair bit in Gary Williams' pub!

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ha ha - I was thinking of Shaun Rouse - enjoyed a few nights out with him 

Came from Rangers

Aye england youth team captain.. big things expected of him... oh dear.

Never met him,good bloke?

2 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Really want that shirt!!

loving the responses from you all, seems like he was a great boss first time around

Pretty sure they used to sell a retro version of it in the club shop a few years back, probably discarded now that all we're served up is the Bristol Sport branded tosh.

1 minute ago, pikeysrobins said:

Only one goalkeeper! How did we cope? Didn't Robbie Turner go in goal once if I remember rightly??

Nah we had Ronnie Sinclair who played more than Leaning that season when Leaning got injured. Great keeper for a small bloke was Sinclair

1 minute ago, TRL said:

Nah we had Ronnie Sinclair who played more than Leaning that season when Leaning got injured. Great keeper for a small bloke was Sinclair

Oh I remember Ronnie Sinclair alright. Agree he was a great keeper and kept us in a few games. Just thought it was strange that team photo just had one goalie available.

2 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

Oh I remember Ronnie Sinclair alright. Agree he was a great keeper and kept us in a few games. Just thought it was strange that team photo just had one goalie available.

Probably signed after the team shoot then. I would imagine Waugh had just left when this was taken

Archived