IGNORED

This turned up on clubs Youtube channel

Fiale

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

What intrigues me with this thread, monorail and all, is that the comments hinge around City whereas any development is all about Bristol Sport

Shit up. You know it'll all have an effect on our club. Your anti Bristol Sport bullshit is getting so tedious now.

9 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Shit up. You know it'll all have an effect on our club. Your anti Bristol Sport bullshit is getting so tedious now.

I hope you meant shut up.  This is a forum for opinions may I respectfully remind you.

Of course it will have an effect on City. The question is will this be for good or ill.  I believe for ill,  you presumably believe for good.

This sort of disagreement is called debate, exactly the function of otib.

Why do I believe for ill, because it will spread the money too widely, because it will further the corporate nature of wider Bristol Sport which will relegate City to a small part of a wider whole.  More practically, I would like to see investment, from a City viewpoint, spent on parking and transport infrastructure from boats (As in the old days) to trains to buses from across the City and beyond.

I look forward to reading your thoughtful rebuttals

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I hope you meant shut up.  This is a forum for opinions may I respectfully remind you.

Of course it will have an effect on City. The question is will this be for good or ill.  I believe for ill,  you presumably believe for good.

Why do I believe for ill, because it will spread the money too widely, because it will further the corporate nature of wider Bristol Sport which will relegate City to a small part of a wider whole.  More practically, I would like to see investment, from a City viewpoint, spent on parking and transport infrastructure from boats (As in the old days) to trains to buses from across the City and beyond.

To be fair Ivor , transport is down to Bristol city council 

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I'm not even going to consider wasting my time typing out a reply to someone like you who completely fails to comprehend someone else's opinion, despite you constant talk of healthy 'debate'. 

40 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

In what way will a hotel and indoor stadium have an ill effect on Bristol City?

The only thing it does with respect to us is increase revenue. That revenue is Bristol Sport's but the more income they have, the more investment we will get.

WTF does the transport have to do with City spending money on it? The club/BS have already been making proposals, but can't do anything without the council agreeing to it. So that gripe should be directed at the council.

The whole ITK but I can't say nonsense at the start of this thread was very childish and snotty. Less of that on here would be nice. Moving along...

I bloody hope the missing piece to this puzzle is the Atyeo being rebuilt to completely enclose the new AG.

But I know in reality it'll probably just be that we're building a new pasty hut. 

Monorail!

15 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

The whole ITK but I can't say nonsense at the start of this thread was very childish and snotty. Less of that on here would be nice. Moving along...

I bloody hope the missing piece to this puzzle is the Atyeo being rebuilt to completely enclose the new AG.

But I know in reality it'll probably just be that we're building a new pasty hut. 

Monorail!

I've been experimenting with 'maglev' technology this evening, I've already managed to succeed with one of my drivers, now it's just a case of the carriages, this transport malarkey really isn't that tricky.

IMG_0503.JPG

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

Believe me it's a fact ! My source who is one of four advisors to the bristol mayor sat in the Heineken lounge on Monday last week and signed the deal with Andrew billingham and Jon landsown. 

Exciting times ahead. But as said before little concerned that the focus should be on the pitch! 

What ever it is, let's hope that if there is likely to be a challenge of any kind, they've got it sown up tighter than a gnat's ass.

And if it's going to piss off the AV village green people, am I permitted to have a 'schadenfreude' feeling?

2 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

How would you feel about a monorail?

The stoats as drivers maybe pushing it but just as a concept?

I'm going to add you to the yes side for now.

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

I've been experimenting with 'maglev' technology this evening, I've already managed to succeed with one of my drivers, now it's just a case of the carriages, this transport malarkey really isn't that tricky.

IMG_0503.JPG

OMG! That stoat is sooooooooo cute!

In fact it looks like a monorail. Streamlined, sleek, moving forward at speed. Hands up who wants a monorail with carriages made to look like stoats? 

If we can have cars that look like dogs, I'm sure we can have a stoat themed monorail...

https://goo.gl/images/vqRYJC

52 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

....omg, it was bound to happen eventually, sounds like the shit is about to hit the fan...

Oh dear, sounds like people need a better transport solution so they can chill out, like a.... (no enough)

We all want the best for the club, just different ideas about how we go about it.

I'm going to be so bitterly disappointed when the ITKs spill the beans on a Best Western on that site aren't I? Bet it will be one of the rubbish ones where breakfast consists of a croissant in a plastic bag, and I'm guessing no bloody monorail either.

:grr:

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

In fact it looks like a monorail. Streamlined, sleek, moving forward at speed. Hands up who wants a monorail with carriages made to look like stoats? 

If we can have cars that look like dogs, I'm sure we can have a stoat themed monorail...

Sadly I did actually design a 'stoatabike', was a long afternoon at work.  I also have a stoat tattoo, I guess this is what a poor mans midlife crisis looks like, or I just want to be in Monty Python/The Goodies/Mighty Boosh/Round the Horne...

State of the art bogs for the fans village and because 'we always believe' we'll be getting the best stadium Santa's Grotto this side of Horfield.

....oh and thanks to the wild imaginations of the good folks of Ashton Vale for giving the land owner this original idea... he's building the already mentioned infrastructure and houses plus an Olympic standard year round Ice Skating Rink,  Velodrome, and Swimming Pool with 10mtr platform and 3mtr springboards.. state of the art sports facilities for Bristol and the West Country all to be built on land previously earmarked for a Football Stadium.. oh and an f'ing great car park too.

On the other hand plan B is for a long awaited Speedway track and the return of the ever popular Bristol Bulldogs under the BS umbrella of sports portfolio.  Oh and of course a Moto X track and team to compliment the biking activities. Oh yes, mustn't forget the all weather road safety training centre skid pan and professional aeronautical drone flying facility. Then apart from the American style drive in cinema, I dont think I'm privy to the other plans that are being drawn up as we speak.. Exciting times indeed for Ashton Vale, its gonna put 'em on the map in style.

Don't tell the nimby's mind!

18 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

You're on my wavelength, I'd get an appointment with your doc if I were you!

When I get elected this stuffs happening.

16 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh dear, sounds like people need a better transport solution so they can chill out, like a.... (no enough)

We all want the best for the club, just different ideas about how we go about it.

I'm going to be so bitterly disappointed when the ITKs spill the beans on a Best Western on that site aren't I? Bet it will be one of the rubbish ones where breakfast consists of a croissant in a plastic bag, and I'm guessing no bloody monorail either.

:grr:

Nudge Nudge know wot ya mean guvnor, slip of the old tongue eh?  gotcha loud 'n clear, Best Western indeed, ... you mean GREAT Western doncha? We're getting a brand new Ashton Gate Railway Station ain't we?  ... all that talk about bleeding monorails, ha, that's just a smokescreen ain't it .... to put us off the big surprise, A Rail Station For Ashton Gate!! Yippee, and SIR LANS**** is going to fund the f'ing thing ain't he?  dead chuffed with that.. :) 

6 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Nudge Nudge know wot ya mean guvnor, slip of the old tongue eh?  gotcha loud 'n clear, Best Western indeed, ... you mean GREAT Western doncha? We're getting a brand new Ashton Gate Railway Station ain't we?  ... all that talk about bleeding monorails, ha, that's just a smokescreen ain't it .... to put us off the big surprise, A Rail Station For Ashton Gate!! Yippee, and SIR LANS**** is going to fund the f'ing thing ain't he?  dead chuffed with that.. :) 

I'm trying to manage expectations, nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat etc etc.;)

I actually know nothing (obvs), pretty convinced my stoat based monorail is more likely than an AG station that's allowed to be used on match days though.

11 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Rumour that SL owns the Wickes site, so maybe he is trying to ensure that they can afford the rent but allowing them on to our club's "site". 

Otherwise no idea....and the beer looks a bit opaque as well!

Looks a bit cloudy!..wheat beer??-not my cup of tea.actually would rather have the tea.

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

I'm trying to manage expectations, nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat etc etc.;)

I actually know nothing (obvs), pretty convinced my stoat based monorail is more likely than an AG station that's allowed to be used on match days though.

I am more in favour of a pine marten based funicular, myself.

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

You`d never play the pianoforte again, if it got its gnashers on your digits!

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

In what way will a hotel and indoor stadium have an ill effect on Bristol City?

The only thing it does with respect to us is increase revenue. That revenue is Bristol Sport's but the more income they have, the more investment we will get.

WTF does the transport have to do with City spending money on it? The club/BS have already been making proposals, but can't do anything without the council agreeing to it. So that gripe should be directed at the council.

I think that what Ivor is saying in essence is that bristol sport is and will continue to have a reverse homeopathic affect upon the very spirit/heart of bcfc....watering down.

Archived